Supercharger Pulley Suggestions?

BlaqSnake

Established Member
Hey all,

I'm looking to change my pullies (top or bottom or both) on my '03.

What is a good combo?

Looking for around 450-460 RWHP, and to keep the blower stock for now.

Thanks

Fuerza

Established Member
450-460hp would be easy with a 2.8 pulley. You'll also need a tune with a pulley change. Have you done anything to your car now or is it stoc?

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I went 2.76 Billetflow non-slip upper only and SCT tune. That will pretty much max out a non-ported eaton from what I've read. It make a huge difference in torque over the stock pulley and quite a bit of HP gain too.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Do a search on this and you will find a crapload of answers. Either the 2.8upper or the 2.76. I went with the 2.8 upper and made 468hp before the x-pipe and Accufab TB. Now I might go with a 2lb. lower also.
Good luck and with the extra boost that things gonna fly.

rsilver

Established Member
just want a 4 or 6lbs lower pully

I did do a search on this but nothing exactly ansewered my question. i hope you guys have some ideas. I want to stay as stock and stealthy as possible.
I need to keep myself from getting the waranttee voided and it lasts another 5 years from ford. I think they will notice if I do an upper pulley and even if I pull it off, you can see the mark. I would just like to run a lower pully probably a 6#.,

does someone make one that looks stock? do you need to change anything but the blower belt? is stock idler adequate? No sense in doing it if I am going to need a bunch of idlers.
I have a CAI and fr500 exhaust and would like to add the pully and then get it tuned and dynoed, I would hope for around 420/430 hp more or less.All suggestions would be appreciated as i came from carbs and chevy small blocks and then spent years with obd1 computers burning 1000's of chips. I don't know much about blown cars.. thanks for any sugestions............rsilver

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
My friend got a 2.9 upper from redline and it looks somewhat like the stock pulley. Its chrome, and he got a idler with it also. All you need with a upper is pulley and idler and a belt thats it. You dont need a bunch of idlers. Its very simple to swap it back to stock pulley and mostly likely they wont know. With tune, pulley, intake, catback you should be expecting 450ish range.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
I would get all of the idlers. I was not going to until my friends cracked and threw a belt. I have heard them damaging hoses, radiator, and the crank pulley when they grenade. I just installed all of my Billet FLow idlers (the best hands down) last week with my 2.8 upper.
pulleys002.jpg

pulleys001.jpg

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
2.76 or 2.80 will get you the 460-475 range! Give us a call and we'll help you get the parts that you need to make it work. We carry only the finest in pulleys!! Billetflow

Jared@Lethal

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Go in to our How-To thread and click on the first post I think it's Cobra Bob's! Then scroll down on the boost post and it will tell you every combination of pullies pretty much possible!
good luck

BlaqSnake

Established Member
AdrianG said:
450-460hp would be easy with a 2.8 pulley. You'll also need a tune with a pulley change. Have you done anything to your car now or is it stoc?

My Current Mods:
K&N CAI
Borla Stinger Cat-Back

Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Billetflow IRS Brace
Kenny Brown Strut Tower Brace
Kenny Brown Caster / Camber Plates
Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix Sub-Frame Brace
Deftracing Light Bar

BlaqSnake

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys

I see a lot of 2.8 suggestions. At what point are you overspinning the blower? Making too much heat?

Does anyone like to go with just a lower pulley (6#) like rsilver was thinking about?

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
OxWht02 said:
Thanks for the info guys

I see a lot of 2.8 suggestions. At what point are you overspinning the blower? Making too much heat?

Does anyone like to go with just a lower pulley (6#) like rsilver was thinking about?

The 2.76 is the smallest i would run on a unported eaton. I went with the 2.8 because i got a good deal on it. Im seeing about 14-15psi. I would definately run a 2.76 as well. I am sticking with the upper because it was cheap. The lowers do cost more. I say go for a 2.76 or 2.81, TR6 plugs, BF idlers, and enjoy your new power!!:rockon: You can even use your stock belt if you use the idler setup with the 2.7 or 2.8 upper.

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
rsilver said:
I did do a search on this but nothing exactly ansewered my question. i hope you guys have some ideas. I want to stay as stock and stealthy as possible.
I need to keep myself from getting the waranttee voided and it lasts another 5 years from ford. I think they will notice if I do an upper pulley and even if I pull it off, you can see the mark. I would just like to run a lower pully probably a 6#.,

does someone make one that looks stock? do you need to change anything but the blower belt? is stock idler adequate? No sense in doing it if I am going to need a bunch of idlers.
I have a CAI and fr500 exhaust and would like to add the pully and then get it tuned and dynoed, I would hope for around 420/430 hp more or less.All suggestions would be appreciated as i came from carbs and chevy small blocks and then spent years with obd1 computers burning 1000's of chips. I don't know much about blown cars.. thanks for any sugestions............rsilver

Keep in mind if you're only looking for 420-430rwhp, your CAI and exhaust plus a good dyno tune will probably get you there. I wouldn't risk five years of warranty on just a lower. If you're going to void the warranty, go big or go home.....five years is an awful long time to wait. :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread