Supercharger vs Blower???

G-NOTE

Established Member
Ok, beating my head against the wall...:shrug:

I want to go with the roots style blower for my car, but with the heat here in Texas and lack of traction, I have been leaning towards a centrifugal supercharger...

I love the look of the Roots style blower, but hate the heatsoak during the summer, also I hate the parasitic drag on the motor.

But I also like the self contained centrifugal superchargers as well because of PRICE and being more efficient.

If I go roots it will be between the 2.8H Kenne Bell, Ford Racing M-6066-MGT624D, and the MagnaCharger 01-23-50-005-BL.

If I go centrifugal, there is only one for me, Paxton 2200SL .

Please chime in if you have one or sell one, no hear say please!:dw:

Thanks,
G-NOTE

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
I went with the paxton 2200SL and 100% satisfied. I was on the fence between the roush tvs and the paxton, but heatsoak and price difference pushed me to the paxton. I know some say that heatsoak is not noticeable, but in Texas heat it is and thats not an opinion, its previous expierence.

One thing to note; if you have the budget for a Kenne Bell, why not consider a turbo kit?

Last edited:

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Who's out there besides hellion?

I heard their kits, were'nt all that great...

The Lund Racing TT kit & the Hellion TT are the two Id look at. Not sure when the Lund kit will be out though.

There has been a couple threads on the Hellion kits that have had good results.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
JPC's turbo kit makes really good power too. I'd buy that over any roots/twin screw blower anyday

1fast99z

Established Member
Love my Paxton, have Shaun at AED tune it and you will have tons of mid-range and big end power! The 2200SL tuner kit can be bought for 3500, you can't beat a deal like that.

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
Love my centri. I often want the roots style simply for the whine but the efficiency in the Arizona heat of my Vortech is awesome. I never have to complain about IATs like my Cobra/GT500 friends. Just be sure to get a good size intercooler.

deepblue13

Established Member
I have been in the same boat, researching which style to go with...maybe I just need a ride in Juiced66's car to make my mind up ;)

stang8psi

Established Member
I was going through the same dilema and I decided to go with the paxton setup From BBR with the black friday/cyber monday deal I couldn't pass up! The kit will be here today and car goes into tear down mode this afternoon!

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I was going through the same dilema and I decided to go with the paxton setup From BBR with the black friday/cyber monday deal I couldn't pass up! The kit will be here today and car goes into tear down mode this afternoon!

Oh snap!!! :beer::rockon:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Probably have 25-30 5.0 Guys, just on SVTP with Paxton / Vortech Packages.

Best bang for the buck, great intercooler, and plenty of look options, satin, black, polished, etc..

I can tailor a kit specific to your goals.

Beef
513-478-1965

dbrford2003

Established Member
Love my Paxton, have Shaun at AED tune it and you will have tons of mid-range and big end power! The 2200SL tuner kit can be bought for 3500, you can't beat a deal like that.

I would like to know where you can get a tuner kit for 3500?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
No where.

I am one of the highest volume paxton / vortech dealers in country, I am WD and sell to smaller dealers, and my cost is more than that.

And thats before shipping which is going to run 175 to 200, etc..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread