Supra vs Terminator

4.6modular

The Learning SVT Poster
Established Member
Super73 said:
Geez, you sound like the Honda guys.. "My car is better because it has Vtec, newer technology"

BTW, here is another vid of that same Cobra running a 65 Chevelle.
http://73-ls1.com/misc/Jacob_vs_65.wmv

Same Cobra vs a GTO
http://73-ls1.com/misc/gto_vs_jacob.wmv

Something isn't right. In the very first video on page 1 the video stated it was a 570 hp Cobra. In these two videos it definately sounds like that Cobra has an Eaton which in no way makes it a 570 hp Cobra unless he is running a small 30 shot of nitrous. I could be wrong.:bash:

rastarajah

LS1/LS2 Powered
Established Member
4.6modular said:
Something isn't right. In the very first video on page 1 the video stated it was a 570 hp Cobra. In these two videos it definately sounds like that Cobra has an Eaton which in no way makes it a 570 hp Cobra unless he is running a small 30 shot of nitrous. I could be wrong.:bash:
Ported stock blower on nitrous.

svtcobra2k3

Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
lmao jealousy at its finest.....thats like saying...Ford and their LEET SVT team has had 10-14 years to try and beat the build of the 2jz....and well did they? NOPE!

Why would I be jealous of a Supra? I drive a Terminator. Supra owners should be jealous of me. I drive an '03 they are stuck driving '94's. Also Supra's are NOT the "import god," Skylines are. That's why the saying goes: A Honda Civic owners dream car is a Supra, a Supra owners dream car is a Skyline....

rastarajah

LS1/LS2 Powered
Established Member
svtcobra2k3 said:
Why would I be jealous of a Supra? I drive a Terminator. Supra owners should be jealous of me. I drive an '03 they are stuck driving '94's. Also Supra's are NOT the "import god," Skylines are. That's why the saying goes: A Honda Civic owners dream car is a Supra, a Supra owners dream car is a Skyline....
lol I can't tell whether you are being serious or are joking around..

I have to ask this, how old are you?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
svtcobra2k3 said:

You have been watching The fast the furious a few times too many-Shane

MustangThief

Established Member
Wow, what a heated debate over a poopra vs cobra race...

I see this so much and I can't help but think to myself , why the hell do people argue...

To the original poster, why try to argue FOR the supra?

Do me a favor... look up... then find on your internet browser the line that says "Address", after that, I think... It should say... SVTperformance.. SVT being the key.

Look, supras are whatever, they are rare around here and when they are around here they are dyno queens. I've seen quite a few at the track and the old joke is true for the owners around here.

Dyno queen or not, they still run shitty times at our local track (Norwalk).

If someone gave me a poopra, i'd sell it... and buy a termie :)

Different strokes for different folks, and the guy who said we should have equally skilled robots race while we argue on the sidewalk... couldn't be more true...

If the cobra has 10 second potential, and the driver blows balls, then it's not a 10 second cobra...

I couldn't care less, but... a 550 HP Cobra... should definitely rape and pillage a 550 HP supra...

From that video, the cobra didn't even spin off the line.. .sounded like he was launching at idle...

SleeperSupra

V8 KILLER
Established Member
MustangThief said:
I couldn't care less, but... a 550 HP Cobra... should definitely rape and pillage a 550 HP supra...

?!?!?!? How did you come up with that misconception?

The Supra is lighter, has MUCH better gearing, stock six speed vs. stock six speed (one OD vs. two), supra has a higher redline to take advantage of the better gearing, and the Supra has better aerodynamics too. In this case the Supra has an auto with a big stall (better still for drag racing). The Cobra has better low end torque and he still bogged in the first race (big low end torque doesn't matter with an auto and a big stall).

The Supra in the video was pulling away up top so it wouldn't have made a difference if the Cobra launched harder, he just didn't have enough.

It would be a close race but there would definitely be no raping or pillaging...

They were both very nice cars but it was all too obvious that THIS Supra had the upper hand, in THIS video.

Remember, there is always someone faster...

Last edited:

ScrewDrvr

Established Member
svtcobra2k3 said:

bwhahahahaha

You are one stupid mother****er. You are 14 years old, your too young to drive a car, let alone own a cobra. And you sure as **** dont know anything about cars.

In conclusion, go fist yourself.

ScrewDrvr

Established Member
MustangThief said:
To the original poster, why try to argue FOR the supra?

Do me a favor... look up... then find on your internet browser the line that says "Address", after that, I think... It should say... SVTperformance.. SVT being the key.

so it doesn't matter what car is faster or slower, as long as you dont give praise to anything other than a Ford, OK, gotcha.

Look, supras are whatever, they are rare around here and when they are around here they are dyno queens. I've seen quite a few at the track and the old joke is true for the owners around here.

Dyno queen or not, they still run shitty times at our local track (Norwalk).

And we all know that your experience = the entire world, OK gotcha.

bwhahahahaah

go read more motor trend and dream about owning a car kid.

scottinhawaii