Supra will be back in 2015 with 560hp TT AWD

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
I wish manufacturers would just re-tool older facilities to pump out replica cars. It would be awesome if they made another 50,000 units of MKIVs or other cars like that. I mean, you built the car once before, you have all the tooling and blueprints and whatnot to do it again, and even better.

I've thought about that as well, it would be awesome. I'm sure it could never happen due to safety regulations, gas mileage, etc, but it's fun to dream.

SVTRAT

Banned
When these come out, they always looking like crap, as time goes by, it grows on people, just like the GTR and 5.0 mustang rear end LOL

Time to sell the cobra,

Supra, I am Ready!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
The roofline is a little funky to me... Like the rest. It's going to be hard to have cars with this power level in the line up with Obamas fuel mileage standards that are coming... Car companies will have to make hard choices and I bet high HP cars will lose out!!

TheHitman™

Established Member
Are you crazy! sell my cobra, never.. That car is coming with me to my grave lol. Not a fan of the GTR myself that shit is over priced. I hope this supra has the same potential at a normal price. If i can put the same amount into the supra as i did in the cobra ill be creating another white monster :rockon:

Seriously? You know the cars that compete with the GT-R are a lot more expensive right? I guess the Viper, ZR1, 911 Turbo, Audi R8, Lamborghini Gallardo/Aventador, Ferrari 458 Italia are all over priced too, right? :shrug:

neatofrito1618

Established Member
The GT-R was an awesome value until they almost doubled the god damn MSRP to compensate for the extra $1,500 they invested in the transmission and miscellaneous upgrades. ****ing Nissian.

Hopefully Toyota will come out with a comparable car at a value similar to the 2009 GT-R.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
so let me get this straight. they're going to produce a twin turbo, inline 6, awd car making north of 550hp, with some type of electric/hybrid system to compensate for highway fuel mileage AND keep it around $60k?

86B863BC-4D46-4F38-99FB-BC47F01E3635-46315-0000195175012E08.jpg

lxboy

Established Member
Dont know if this is real or not, but if it is i am very excited.

You have to give toyota respect because they do not half ass anything.

Previous gen supras running low 9s and 8s with factory driveline components, and anyone who has ever off roaded with a older 4 runner or yotor truck knows they have strong trannys built axels and rears.

If this New supra comes out it will be done right

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
If they ever did make a new supra, no way it would go for 60K. I was just in a nissan dealership the other day and they a 2014 GTR premium there. It was listed at 100K msrp. Thats just nuts. A brand new supra would be in the same area as far as price I would guess.

@Hitman, you listed some expensive company but you forgot the 2013 GT500. Regardless of what people feel, it can compete stock for stock and wins on a roll. From a dig not so much, but its 40K less. Just saying :beer:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
It will be murdered by the GTR with its awd system

u n v kenny

Established Member
Not too bad...albeit the front end looks like a 350/370Z.

I have to admit, I'd love to see another HP war going on in this market. I remember back when the 3000GT(r) and Supra's, and etc. were all the rage back in the late 80's and 90's. Sure, the then "all new" 5.0 GT Stang in 94' (Which i had purchased brand new thank you very much!) was pretty slick as was a 95' SS Maro...but there was a cool battle goin on elsewhere.

Thanks for posting OP

Camaro SS's started in 96. just sayin' :rolling:

scn

Established Member
I am fairly certain that this is either a late April Fools day joke or at the very least, a badly reported story. Those renderings have been out for quite some time now.

clean92lx

Established Member
Not too bad...albeit the front end looks like a 350/370Z.

I have to admit, I'd love to see another HP war going on in this market. I remember back when the 3000GT(r) and Supra's, and etc. were all the rage back in the late 80's and 90's. Sure, the then "all new" 5.0 GT Stang in 94' (Which i had purchased brand new thank you very much!) was pretty slick as was a 95' SS Maro...but there was a cool battle goin on elsewhere.

Thanks for posting OP
damn you beat me to it. my thoughts exactly.

clean92lx

Established Member
I am fairly certain that this is either a late April Fools day joke or at the very least, a badly reported story. Those renderings have been out for quite some time now.
maybe so. But I will say FWIW I worked at a Toyota dealer back in 2007 and I heard Toyota was coming back out with the Supra and also heard they were gonna do a DRW tundra.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
If they ever did make a new supra, no way it would go for 60K. I was just in a nissan dealership the other day and they a 2014 GTR premium there. It was listed at 100K msrp. Thats just nuts. A brand new supra would be in the same area as far as price I would guess.

@Hitman, you listed some expensive company but you forgot the 2013 GT500. Regardless of what people feel, it can compete stock for stock and wins on a roll. From a dig not so much, but its 40K less. Just saying :beer:

I agree no way they can build a car with those specs with a warranty and sell it for 60K.

BTW You know GTRs do more than go straight right?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I agree no way they can build a car with those specs with a warranty and sell it for 60K.

BTW You know GTRs do more than go straight right?

yes captain obvious I do...hence why I only mentioned straight line performance :poke::lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread