Surprise pictures

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I think most people know I am a hunter and I use deer/trail cams. I normally keep mine out way past the end of hunting season just to see what's happening and I am still feeding the deer and birds.

To my surprise, when checking my cameras this week, caught a little American freedom in flight!

Back story is about 15 yards behind the green briars was a deer that died this past week. Needless to say, the local carcass cleaners went to work on it, including at least a couple Bald Eagles (there were many more pictures of vultures and the Eagles that weren't so noteworthy).

Really, it's just proof that my trail cams are better photographers than I am.... :rolleyes:
434393124_10231795375412452_5547493693863428411_n.jpg
434394396_10231795375692459_750315842133215677_n.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those are cool photos. Do you check the camera footage frequently? Any specific wildlife you're hoping to catch on video? Like black bears, coyotes, foxes?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
very cool! Ill have to post up a couple of ours. Ive got a bobcat carrying a deer head (pretty sure it came from the neighbors carcass pile), some bears etc...

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Eagles are cool. We actual see quite a few here. Another favorite are the Ospreys.
Down here the ospreys highly outnumber the eagles.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
Eagles will eat any meat dead or alive and ospreys will only eat live animals.

We were discussing this at the pool last week and one of the guys who hunts says ospreys will eat dead meat too and once saw an eagle take food from an osprey right out of its mouth.
I was always under the impression that eagles wanted no part of ospreys and kept clear of them but I don’t know for sure.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Those are cool photos. Do you check the camera footage frequently? Any specific wildlife you're hoping to catch on video? Like black bears, coyotes, foxes?

I change my cards weekly. Only stills, no video - eats batteries and card space. We don't have bears here, so no chance of that. I hope to catch anything cool, but mostly for my deer hunting. We do have coyotes around, but I have never gotten any pictures that I was SURE was a yote.

Down here the ospreys highly outnumber the eagles.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
Eagles will eat any meat dead or alive and ospreys will only eat live animals.

We were discussing this at the pool last week and one of the guys who hunts says ospreys will eat dead meat too and once saw an eagle take food from an osprey right out of its mouth.
I was always under the impression that eagles wanted no part of ospreys and kept clear of them but I don’t know for sure.

Osprey prefer live food, 99% fish related. If they eat something dead, it would have to be fairly freshly dead. Osprey will defend their territory against anything and will chase eagles off.

Was expecting boobs.....Much disappoint.

Sorry. Pretty sure they would get canned here...

I was coming in too see boobs.

See above response.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
And this guy. This is a Great Blue heron, a wading bird. In the middle of the woods.

To be fair, the edge of the woods is about 20 yards to the left and a stream is about 30 yards to the right. It's clear enough for him to walk through.

bh 1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread