Suspension help!

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Right now the discount code "loyalty" gets you 15% off. I just ordered Koni STR's for just over $300 shipped. Can't wait to see how they do compared to my 98,000 mile stock Tokicos.

I've been very happy with the Eibach Prokit springs. Tightened up the dive and squat and just overall the car feels more connected to the road.

Installed the STR's today. Initial impression after short test drive is that they are slightly firmer than stock, but no by much. They do feel much more composed at speed when hitting uneven pavement.

clc44

Established Member
That's why I'm torn between what to do. I'm trying to find the best budget shocks and strut with a little more emphasis on the drag strip but still ok for DD.

03ZM1

Are You Serious?
Established Member
That's why I'm torn between what to do. I'm trying to find the best budget shocks and strut with a little more emphasis on the drag strip but still ok for DD.

I've also looked at QA1's, anything with some adjustability will probably give you some compromise between the two. I don't have any experience with it though so I can't be sure.

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
I've also looked at QA1's, anything with some adjustability will probably give you some compromise between the two. I don't have any experience with it though so I can't be sure.

I've heard mixed reviews of QA1 quality and customer service.

Autoanything.com has Koni yellow's (adjustable) for around $550 shipped if you can catch a 15% off sale. That's a great deal and gives you flexibility.

03ZM1

Are You Serious?
Established Member
Never heard of that site before, looks to have some good deals. I like to try and order off mustang based sites, just to try and help them out especially if they'll cut you a deal.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member

Yes those. Chose your car as a GT, and it'll give you an option to add however many front "shocks" and rear shocks. It says front shocks but they are the struts you need.

I've had mine in for a little over a week now with HR SS springs. Have my shocks/struts set soft and the ride quality has only slightly gone down. It seems like it's just really rough parts of the road you can feel more, regular driving is normal.

Haven't messed with the adjustments much except before I put them in so hopefully after I get it aligned I'll see what it's like making them more firm.

Also while researching to see what shocks/struts I wanted I read how great of customer service and warranty the Konis have if that helps any.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
When I get some, the rears will come first. I won't be able to drop that kind of coin at once.

I don't blame you. Just make sure you pay attention to their deals. No matter what when the chat thing pops up asking if there is anything they can do, ask them to lower the price. haha And they'll give you a 10% off code.

They always told me Koni never qualified for any 15% deals so I guess I got shafted? :shrug:

Either way if you don't feel like waiting you can always get a 10%

clc44

Established Member
I will give it a try, I've just heard how noisy strange's are. I'm most likely going with big and little's (Summit Fast Fives).

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
I don't blame you. Just make sure you pay attention to their deals. No matter what when the chat thing pops up asking if there is anything they can do, ask them to lower the price. haha And they'll give you a 10% off code.

They always told me Koni never qualified for any 15% deals so I guess I got shafted? :shrug:

Either way if you don't feel like waiting you can always get a 10%

The "loyalty" code still works (15%), and I tried it with a set of Koni yellows. :beer:

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
KYB STRUT / SHOCK KIT 1994-2004 | CJ Pony Parts

Right now tight on money, would these do the trick? Wanting something to help get rid of the bottoming out in the rear shocks.

Would it be better to get these for the time being? Or just replace the shocks with something a little better and not worry about the struts right now? Thanks!

I vote for waiting a little longer and saving up for the adjustable Koni's. If you HAVE to get something right now, at least get the rear Koni STRs.

Users who are viewing this thread