Suspension upgrade help

turo123

Established Member
whats up guys im new to the site and a new owner of a shelby. i want to upgrade the suspension but not sure what my options are. what do you guys think is a good upgrade

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
search on FRPP, Eibach, H&R. PLENTY of threads on this which may help you decide what you want to do. If you check out my sig, you'll see what I went with...and I did a thread on the H&R sways,

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
There are a lot of different setup and like stated what would your primary use be.
Mine is road course / Drag Racing.
Not that I do either a lot but I put handling at the top and straight line fun second.

Another question is how rigid and noisy can you live with.

The stiffer or Tight a set up is then in general the louder it will become and thus translate into the cabin.
If you opt for spherical joints instead of poly ends then you will have a very tight and unforgiving setup but it will be very rattly or I should say road harmonics rich in the cabin. Every bump and such will translate into the cabin to the point that you will feel the fine stripes and arrows painted on a road like it was a road hump.

I would start with lowering springs. get rid of the 4X4 look. think about upgrading Shocks and Struts to Adjustable. I have the Tokico Adjustable so I can soften and stiffen the ride depending on what I want to do. They also can help at road course events if you get to much push.

Upgrade sway bars. and the noisy part is the control arms. depending on bushing and joints as well as adjustability will make the interior noise but can also enhance the cars ride at the track.

GR-40 Pat

Established Member
whats up guys im new to the site and a new owner of a shelby. i want to upgrade the suspension but not sure what my options are. what do you guys think is a good upgrade

Before anyone can really answer this question we need some details...

What do you want to do with your car? Street?/Open Track?/Drag?

What are you HP/Torque goals for the car?

What is your budget? Do you want to do it all at once or do you want to do it in stages?

Patrick

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member

welcome and congrats
pics;-)

oh ya, answer those ^^^questions^^^and you'll be set

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i like the FRPP handling pack, also a couple other thing would be nice to, steeda LCA's and upper, and subframes

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
from what i know those are two completely different set ups.

if the car is going to be a basic drag car set it up for that. if its going to be your daily driver(or seeing most use on the street set it up for handling.

for handling i would look hard at the torque arm bar with adjustable panhard bar and some good adjustable coilovers on all 4 corners.

GR-40 Pat

Established Member
The Griggs system really is the way to go, you can get different spring rates the each application or you can setup a compromise between the two, just keep in mind that a compromise is just that, a compromise, but that's not to say it wouldn't work well.

The Griggs S197 cars handle extremely well and go down the strip too

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
the f-body guys can move out with their torque arms, so it definatly shouldn't be written off for strip use.

Users who are viewing this thread