SVB is Now In the Hands of the FDIC

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Seems like every time a big-time failure where bonds rank in the pecking order question comes up, bondholders take it up the ass. It's like it's a set-in stone rule until it's not.

AT1s are not bonds.

What past examples are there of bonds being subordinated to equity?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
AT1s are not bonds.

What past examples are there of bonds being subordinated to equity?

Not bonds? Every article out there is talking about lawsuits over the contingent convertible bonds, or CoCos ??

The examples I was thinking about aren't apples to apples.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Likewise basic bich journalists don't understand AT1s nor do those that bought them. They aren't bonds. They are effectively credit insurance that trigger when regulatory capital breeches a specific point. They did exactly what they are supposed to do in this circumstance.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Do you know what a bond is?
Yes, but if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, trades like a duck and is sold like a duck...it's a duck. The lawyers suing certainly think it's a duck.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Likewise basic bich journalists don't understand AT1s nor do those that bought them. They aren't bonds. They are effectively credit insurance that trigger when regulatory capital breeches a specific point. They did exactly what they are supposed to do in this circumstance.

The purchase disclosures might need a little tweaking on that product, LOL.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

By the way, I am sure you are technically correct, now the lawyers get to shake it out.

venmos1

Established Member
i did not fact check it but i read a comment on another forum where someone stated that a Fidelity cash account is covered up to 1.2m in insurance. Apologies if im wrong.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Thankfully the adults are back in charge
So what is this you old hag, is it just a blip and bump or is this about to be that certain word that you said should never appear again in your lifetime??????????

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I have followed the advice of @DaleM and moved the entirety of my 5 figure net worth into Franklin Mint collectibles and Arbys gift cards.
I see someone can't sleep without me. Remeber that shit when your bank collapses and you need to borrow some more of your gay prostitute money.

VegasMichael

Established Member
So what is this you old hag, is it just a blip and bump or is this about to be that certain word that you said should never appear again in your lifetime??????????
Always thought Janet Yellen looked like British comedian Benny Hill.
5515b46fecad04c663fe0c0b

image-w856.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread