SVT guy from Palm Harbor, FL signing in!

JeffCooper

Established Member
Hey folks - cool forum here!

I've got an 03 Sonic Blue Terminator (Wilbur) which I bought new (traded in my 99 Cobra the second I heard that hairdryer whining). I also just picked up my 99 Lightning (Midnight) which I snagged from my pals' father (One owner, 30K miles).

Both are unmolested other than a couple of bolt ons. Now that I've got the Lightning though, I want to start tinkering with the Cobra. The Cobra has never seen a track, but I did get the Lightning to Sunshine Drag Strip in Clearwater this past Weds night and ran an 8.4. What was really cool was that my pals father was there to see his ole truck make a few passes.

Anyway - I'm anxious to learn all I can about my rides from the experts!!

20130824_173026.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTP, Jeff! Pretty neat that you have both a Terminator and a Lightning. Nice looking vehicles, too. If you start modding the Cobra, what are your plans at this point? Smaller pulley & tune? Blower upgrade?

JeffCooper

Established Member
Welcome to SVTP, Jeff! Pretty neat that you have both a Terminator and a Lightning. Nice looking vehicles, too. If you start modding the Cobra, what are your plans at this point? Smaller pulley & tune? Blower upgrade?

Hi Bob - thanks for the warm welcome!

So I originally put in the cat-less x-pipe thinking I wanted flow and tone without the noise of a full cat-back... But its not enough, and with my Lightning daily driver, I think Ill make Wilbur a little tougher. To that end, Im thinking a Bassani cat-back to start...along with a MEC lower pulley kit (which I have on the Lightning), a MAF?? A local tuner has offered a couple pulls for each vehicle and a tune for very reasonable money. He tunes my pals 800hp whippled Lightning. Anyway - bolt on stuff to start, but I see a blower in my future.
:shrug:

Immediately, Id like to install my Eibachs with a good set of C/C plates. All guidance accepted!

Thanks again Bob!
:rockon:

cuda99

Cuda99
Established Member
Welcome

Glad to see some other SVT'ers locally. Let me know if you need any help or advice, I'm somewhat local and have been playing with these for a while. There is a ton of Mustangs in Tampa, but I am new to the area and haven't found much other than shows.

JeffCooper

Established Member
Thanks Shelby and Cuda!

Im told that The Stang Gang is a group in the area...not that Ive hung out with them as of yet. Im pals with 3-4 Lightning guys and we've hung out. There is also 1/8th track called Sunshine Drag Strip. I was there the other night and met a couple other Lightning guys there. Quaker Steak and Lube is a huge hang out for muscle cars and bikes...Great queso burger. :)

Cuda - I might take you up on yer offer. Im going in to get a whole new Ankle in a couple weeks and will be crippled for a while. :)

Jebadias

Established Member
Nice pair of vehicles you have there. I love Sonic Blue Cobras. I really wish I had room for one in the garage. Welcome to the site.

cuda99

Cuda99
Established Member
Let me know brother, and good luck with your new ankle. I've had a couple of ankle surgeries and immobility sucks ;)

JeffCooper

Established Member
Nice pair of vehicles you have there. I love Sonic Blue Cobras. I really wish I had room for one in the garage. Welcome to the site.

You have no idea how long it took me to clean up the garage to get three vehicles in there! The Cobra I bought new, the Lightning i bought in August from my pals dad. 30k miles, mint, and a receipt for everything but fuel. Id been looking for a sweet Lightning for a while!

Having a ball "here" - great site!

JeffCooper

Established Member
Cuda - you got that right brotha! Ive been gimping around in pain for two years. Fell off a ladder two years ago and ended up with a triple compound fracture and dislocation. The Cobra's clutch is little rough in traffic, so I GOTTA get the ankle fixed. :). Anyway, Ive got Eibachs for all four CobraCorners, and I just ordered my C/C plates this afternoon, so Ive got a project coming up. Would be good to meetcha, and Ive NEVER done springs before. :)

Im near Alt 19 and Alderman.

As for the bra, that is on there to cover up the results of my son dragging his bike over my hood. Im impressed with myself because he's still above ground. There's a scratch about 4" long. Ouch. The plate holder needs to come off, but I need to plug the holes. It's a remnant of Colorado. Looks terrible! Ill gather some ideas on how to plug the holes! Edit: found ideas for plugs from Home Depot/Lowes - too cool!

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome folks!
jc

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Consensus is Maximum Motorsports makes the best caster\camber plates. Also - don't go with a lower only on your cobra, unless you just absolutely are set on keeping the top pulley cage on the car. IMO, best setup for pulley upgrade on a stock blower is either 2.93 or 2.76 billetflow upper. Be sure to get the full pulley set, do it once and do it right - the stock idlers will break on you. I even think billetflow makes them in blue to match your car. Add a larger filter\intake kit of your choice and an upgraded SCT maf. Add the catback exhaust of your choice and get it tuned and you'll be around 440-470whp. You can do the catback and filter\intake without getting it tuned, but once you do the pulley, you should do the maf at the same time and get it tuned.

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
Welcome Jeff. I'm local to Tampa and would love to see the Cobra out and about. Congrats on such a nice garage!

JeffCooper

Established Member
Update! I have Maximum Moto C/C plates, Eibach springs, a Bassani catback (to match my Xpipe) all waiting for me to get back on my feet for the installation and the ability to run a clutch car!!

Users who are viewing this thread