SVTOA Mountaineer Madness

Gastrader1

Established Member
2006 Eastern Regional Event

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As all of you know, there have been many changes regarding how SVTOA and the "On Track" program will be changing. Due to budgeting constraints many costs relating to Mountaineer Madness will now be covered by the event itself. The increase in these costs have made in necessary to increase the entry fee. I am attempting to keep the high level of professionalism that we hve become known for. Jeff Lacina will continue to be our Lead Instructor at this event. Over the past few weeks I have been searching the "web" looking at what other groups are charging. It appears that most in the Northeast our in the $200-$225/per day. I am considering the following cost structure for 2006 Mountaineer Madness:
2-Day Registration $350.00 if paid by 3/1/06
2-Day Registration $400.00 if paid by 4/15/06
2-Day Registration $450.00 if paid after 4/15/06

The event would be open to "ALL" makes of cars with a maximum of 100 entries. Should the event sell out, I will be giving all participants a refund of $25.00. The event kick off would be Friday, May 5, 2006 with tech and a pizza party in the paddock. As in the past "Brooks Performance" will be donating an installed suspension system valued at $4,000.00 to one lucky raffle ticket holder.

I welcome and desire any and all feedback concerning this event. My email address is [email protected]. Please do not hesitate to comment on this.
I sure hope to see you at Summit Point in early May.

Thank You
Brian Shafranek
SVTOA Eastern Regional Director

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Where is t his going on at? Forgive hte stupid question. If its close to me, I'll press to get my turd fixed so I can attend!

scottmartin

lets get ready to rumble!
Established Member
cost

The usual svt cost was around $275 plus or minus. Big price increase if you go to $450. Scott

GUY WAGNER

Established Member
why all makes?

Brian,
Why would you want to do all makes?What makes these events special is that they have all Ford products.I was at Summit Point and Shannonville last year and had a great time,but I think all makes is a mistake.What is the sense of having all makes and Ford Motorsport at the same event?It seems that Summit Point had a very good field of cars with all Fords.
Are the SVTOA events posted somewhere so that we can do some planning?

Thanks, Guy

Exit Speed

Alpha Omega Racing
Established Member
00 R's ?

I have been hangin out over on the Cobra R site and it looks like you guys have a bunch of really sorted out track cars. Who's in?

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Some are more sorted than others. :)

I'll be there...just have to register.

scottmartin

Established Member
Exit Speed said:
I have been hangin out over on the Cobra R site and it looks like you guys have a bunch of really sorted out track cars. Who's in?
Check out the latest edition of muscle mustangs and fast fords. Big article on the svtoa event at autobahn. Great pics of some of our members. Scott

Exit Speed

Alpha Omega Racing
Established Member
scottmartin said:
Check out the latest edition of muscle mustangs and fast fords. Big article on the svtoa event at autobahn. Great pics of some of our members. Scott
What month?

tenngt

Established Member
?

guywwagner said:
Brian,
Why would you want to do all makes?What makes these events special is that they have all Ford products.I was at Summit Point and Shannonville last year and had a great time,but I think all makes is a mistake.What is the sense of having all makes and Ford Motorsport at the same event?It seems that Summit Point had a very good field of cars with all Fords.
Are the SVTOA events posted somewhere so that we can do some planning?

Thanks, Guy

I'll never understand this attitude. Are you afraid of getting passed by something other than a Ford product? In my region when an on track day has been limited to SVT products its been a disaster from an attendance standpoint. Its great to be on track and having alot of mustangs out there is terrific (and rare) but who cares if there are other makes and models?

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
tenngt said:
I'll never understand this attitude. Are you afraid of getting passed by something other than a Ford product? In my region when an on track day has been limited to SVT products its been a disaster from an attendance standpoint. Its great to be on track and having alot of mustangs out there is terrific (and rare) but who cares if there are other makes and models?

+1

I would prefer to see a majority of fords out there, but it pretty much comes down to economics....case in point: the porsche club in my area has limited entrants to porsches only, but due to rising costs associated with track rentals, they are opening up some events (that normally dont fill) to other brands....bottom line, I have no problem with other brands being on track....I'd rather see an event pay for itself and keep the entry cost down for participants....on the other hand, there should be a cap on the total amount of cars so that the event doesnt over sell, taking away from track time....screw participants once, its doubtful they'll ever be back....

I'll be there with my older / lighter car ;-)

scottmartin

Established Member
I think economics take over here. The track rental is expensive and if you cant have all svt, pca or whatever, you have spots to fill and and bills to pay. I am headed to motorsport ranch in cresson texas late next month. It is a pca event, so far i am the only mustang signed up. Scott

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Agreed. It is more important for clubs to have successful driving events than to limit the participating platforms and risk bankruptcy if attendence is way off.

Since Summit last year was promoted as an SVTOA event, almost all the attendees were driving L's Cobras and Foci. Still there were a few wild cards out there.

On a side note.....For instance, I roped in, and ran nose to tail for almost an entire session with a 911TT. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had on track, until I started to consistently cut better lines than he was and had him set up for a pass every time we hit the back straight... I would have prefered it if he gave up the ghost and let me pass, but I think his pride got the better of him, and so I never got the point by. I think that some novices and intermediate players (and unfortunately some advanced drivers as was in my case) get caught up in what the automotive press says about the particular car they drive, and not what is happening in reality. "There's no way you could be passed by a pos mustang.... That could be some of the basis for putting up a "Mustangs only" or "Porsches only" mentality.

Personally, I'd love to slot in behind a spec Miata, if just to make the feeble attempt to keep up with the thing in the turns..... Then be rewarded with a dominant blow by pass on the next straight.

Edited for spelling

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread