SVTOA Mountaineer Madness

dragon40k

Established Member
I went to this event last year. I had a blast and met a bunch of great people. I look forward to going again this year. When can you start signing up?

hawkls1

Established Member
how's this trackI bin runing watlkins glen for 7 years now. bin wanting to try a different track this year.also bin wanting to get to VIR too.thank for any info.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
night and day different....search the web for a track map, and better yet, a video....you can learn alot at a track like shen....highly technical....

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Hey Brian. Have you been given a quoted rate per night at the Clarion?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I'm in. I was chasing that 911 last year, too. Got him, for a bit.

I do wish there were enough SVT and Ford products to fill up a recetrack. But I'd rather be able to aford to go! I remember at the SE Regions event at VIR. SVTOA had the Patriot track, with 100 drivers. The Mazda Driver's Club had the main track, with something like 600 drivers!
And some of the most fun we have is going to Summit with the Greater Washington Mercedes Club of America. They have open events, and it's a ball. Bit more expensive than SVTOA. But I wonder what some of the Mercedes drivers think?

TroyV

Established Member
Judging that our chapter alone has almost 30 cars going, I'm thinking there will be plenty of Fords there.

I feel that the event will sell out... Last years SP event was so good that more folks want in. All of the Boston chapter autox dogs wanted in as soon as they saw the vid footage we brought back.. ;)

TroyV

Established Member
We had 4 L's to the party. I think three of them if not all of them had ported blowers and small pulleys. I know the white one did....LOL...as he carted my V710's down there for me. :) We were well represented in the Mustang category as well. Brian Stonkus with his Roush 3, and me were in the advanced group, we had 2 or 3 03 Cobras in intermediate, and at least two cars in with the noobs.

TroyV

Established Member
That is excellent! I know one of the R owners who is on our local message list that is going. Man, I love those cars.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I'm sure glad you guys come down to what I consider my local track. Sorry you have to travel so far, though. I used to race another life ago, and treked up to Loudon, Thompson and Bridgehampton many-a-time.

Users who are viewing this thread