SVTP Installs and Reviews the MGW Race Spec Shifter for the 2015 Mustang

jdcobra

Established Member
I don't know why they didn't unbolt the driveshaft in the video?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I honestly haven't noticed added noise. The MGW does move around a lot more, but that is what it's supposed to do. It moves perfectly with the motion of the transmission. Many people may not realize this but the race spec essentially creates the same style shifting mechanism as a Tremec Magnum XL transmission. The only difference is the the XL's shift linkage is captured inside an extended tail housing.

jdcobra

Established Member
Welp they just got back to me and apparently they are out of stock for two weeks :/ lol but I got mine ordered so now it's time to play the waiting game.

jdcobra

Established Member
So flexible ratcheting box wrenches and a stubby 1/2" wrench should make install easier?

Dcrypter

Established Member
Well I didn't see where to install the dynamat before I attempted the install so it's not on there. I'm not entirely sure of it's purpose but i'm not bothered by anything the shifter is currently doing so I imagine it isn't too important

Speed Junky

Established Member
Well I didn't see where to install the dynamat before I attempted the install so it's not on there. I'm not entirely sure of it's purpose but i'm not bothered by anything the shifter is currently doing so I imagine it isn't too important
Just NVH reduction. I'll be putting it on the bottom of the shifter for some protection but that's it.

Anthony K

Established Member

It's not really, but if you watch the whole video first, youda seem where to put it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The dynamat helps absorb NVH as it travels through the shifter body. If you forgot to install it and have no issue with NVH then there's nothing to worry about.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Some detailed pics for you guys from my ad guy Keith ....:beer:

George

Attachments

• MGW MT-82 Race-Spec Shifter 1 4web.jpg
    MGW MT-82 Race-Spec Shifter 1 4web.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 235
  • MGW MT-82 Race-Spec Shifter 3 4web.jpg
    MGW MT-82 Race-Spec Shifter 3 4web.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 225
  • MGW MT-82 Race-Spec Shifter 6 4web.jpg
    MGW MT-82 Race-Spec Shifter 6 4web.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 230

jdcobra

Established Member
Some detailed pics for you guys from my ad guy Keith ....:beer:

George

Can't wait to get mine. So the next shipment is going to be a couple weeks? I ordered the classic package with the plain black shift knob :beer:

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Can't wait to get mine. So the next shipment is going to be a couple weeks? I ordered the classic package with the plain black shift knob :beer:

We are quoting 2 weeks but i am doing EVERYTHING to ramp that up!! They are selling very well !!

George

Anthony K

Established Member
I need to call and order the white ball and correct adapters. Thought I'd like the factory knob. But George keeps posting the white!!!

jdcobra

Established Member
I need to call and order the white ball and correct adapters. Thought I'd like the factory knob. But George keeps posting the white!!!

The white is nice. But I just went with the black one because somehow I get the white knob dirty

Users who are viewing this thread