SVTP stock pick thread.

poisoned apple

Established Member
Most likely a death spiral, the bank signaled today they would need to raise capital and she acted like the Titanic hitting the iceberg. NY state is just a toxic waste dump and hard to see the Fed getting any takers. That means an asset sale, which is the big reason they are in trouble is they bought troubled assets. The assets they purchased pushed them over the 100 billion mark, which triggers closer regulatory scrutiny. The Feds normally give those transactions a couple years to settle. But this time the Feds dropped the hammer almost immediately and the bank wasn't ready, kaboom!
Gotcha. Have fun, I'll be staying away from that

Saleen498

Established Member
They moved the earnings date up from the 20th to the 5th. Typically they wouldn't do that if it's bad news. I'm in from .185 to about .25 for a 30% in the next week. The chart is bearish but the news coming up looks good. Especially with Amazon backing out of the Irobot deal around the same time CYN announced they have a new deal on the horizon. Pure speculation but worth a 20k share risk. Worst case i have to average in until a pop gets me out in the green
.26 sharply after hours. Gain secured at .25. Reentering this morning. ER was not great but also exactly what was expected. They most likely moved the earnings up to get negative news out before catalysts to push towards compliance naturally.

MG0h3

Established Member
NYCB got someone to invest 1b.

Who knows if that’ll be enough.

If they’re in this much trouble this early on, I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
NYCB got someone to invest 1b.

Who knows if that’ll be enough.

If they’re in this much trouble this early on, I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Former Treasury Sectary Steven Mnuchin firm put that billion in
Is that a positive sign or negative lol?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Former Treasury Sectary Steven Mnuchin firm put that billion in
Is that a positive sign or negative lol?

It didn't help the big 3 that failed earlier. This will take 6 months or more to play out. At the end of the day, their financials are horrible and tough to see any play for little guys with the risk attached.

EDIT: And the common now horribly diluted. Big fish may do OK. Little fish play on the preferred and hope they don't die.

"There were 722mm shares and now 500mm more sold at $2 and another 300mm sold at $2.50 for the warrants."

Last edited:

RUNVS?

Established Member
I landed two fish in my IRA boat last week.... McCormick (MKC) and Snowflake (SNOW). Right now, my account is in dog paddle mode and is rather stagnant. I'm still above my balance threshold, but I'm not seeing any upward movement. Gains on one side of my stock/bond ladder are typically offset by losses on the other. :rolleyes:

VegasMichael

Established Member
I landed two fish in my IRA boat last week.... McCormick (MKC) and Snowflake (SNOW). Right now, my account is in dog paddle mode and is rather stagnant. I'm still above my balance threshold, but I'm not seeing any upward movement. Gains on one side of my stock/bond ladder are typically offset by losses on the other. :rolleyes:
I've contemplated MKC in the past. Never pulled the trigger though.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
i've started a SNOW swing also

Fat Boss

Established Member
$NVDA rampaging to add a comma…

LOVE IT! My 500+ shares of LRCX added a comma today. I've worked at Lam for just about 5 years now.

happy-dance-icegif-8[1].gif

MG0h3

Established Member
It didn't help the big 3 that failed earlier. This will take 6 months or more to play out. At the end of the day, their financials are horrible and tough to see any play for little guys with the risk attached.

EDIT: And the common now horribly diluted. Big fish may do OK. Little fish play on the preferred and hope they don't die.

"There were 722mm shares and now 500mm more sold at $2 and another 300mm sold at $2.50 for the warrants."

Just got a popup from Yahoo that the Fed is going to ease capital requirements that were increased after the 08’ crisis.

States that the strict rules may restrict lending to disadvantaged borrowers.

Brilliant lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Fat Boss

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread