SVTPerformance Shine Seal Review

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Looks great. I wonder how it would hold up on exhaust for those of us with polished pipes.
It should hold up just fine.

ShineSeal.com ::: Protect Your Products :::

How many uses would you get from the Master Kit? Thinking I might just pick up the polish to try on my CCWs
It says 80 sq ft.

I have CCW's, I was wondering the same thing^^. Cant take the torture of polishing them any more. How long does it last? Thanks
It would eally depend on conditions I would think. But it is avdertised as lasting up to 2 years.

+1 I have full polished Chicanes and they are a bear to polish. Would be great to have something that I would only need to do once a year, or so. I have a garage queen that never sees rain, so that should help a bit with the longevity, I would think.
I think you would be fine once a year.

What does the sealer kit cost Kevin?
Check out the link Andy.

link to the page is in the first post, and has all options and pricing on there. You can even buy the components individually if you want.
Yes. Thanks Brian.

Kevin, do you have any info regarding the heat resistance of this product? I would like to do my Chicanes obviously, but am also thinking that doing my polished stage 5, and other engine bay stuff would be cool if it could withstand the heat without turning milky, or something.

Brian
Here you go. Right from the website:
1. Protects against oxidation and dulling
2. Eliminates repeat polishing for up to 2 years.
3. Retains the rich brilliance of polished aluminum.
4. Safe to use and is environmentally friendly.
5. Bonds chemically to your products.
6. DOES NOT chip, crack or peel.
7. Easy to apply and withstands 700 degrees F Temperature

black 10th vert

Established Member
It should hold up just fine.

It says 80 sq ft.

It would eally depend on conditions I would think. But it is avdertised as lasting up to 2 years.

I think you would be fine once a year.

Check out the link Andy.

Yes. Thanks Brian.

Here you go. Right from the website:

Thanks Kevin, I didn't see that, but it looks like it can easily handle the underhood temps, because I would be in big trouble if my blower temp was to exceed 700*!:eek:

ammizabad

Established Member
steve looks great just waiting on ur reply on rims and tires sleepers 800hp texas mile trail just let me know

shadyninja

Been There, Wrecked That
Established Member
I been looking for something like this to use on my motorcycle's polished frame....

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
not offend anyone, but sleepers wheels where pretty clean to begin with. id like to see this product used on another set of wheels. or maybe exhaust.

just a thought

john_anch_ak

Thanks a ton for your write-up and pictures, I know doing something like this eats up more time and effort than most folks think.

This is just what I've been looking for and have just placed an order.

Thanks again! John :banana:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Now that's what I'm talking about! :coolman:

Awesome writeup and review, Kevin :beer:
Thanks Jamey. :beer:

that product works wonders... thx for sharing!
:beer:

I been looking for something like this to use on my motorcycle's polished frame....
It should work perfect for that. :thumbsup:

I ordered the kit ($100). Hope it works, I need a miracle!
LOL. Not sure what you mean by miracle. But it seems to be the best sealant out there.

not offend anyone, but sleepers wheels where pretty clean to begin with. id like to see this product used on another set of wheels. or maybe exhaust.

just a thought
In order to have the wheels look new they must first be polished. The ealer just protects them from having to keep re-polishing them as often due to oxidation.

Very nice review. Keep us posted on how it holds up.
Will do.

Thanks a ton for your write-up and pictures, I know doing something like this eats up more time and effort than most folks think.

This is just what I've been looking for and have just placed an order.

Thanks again! John :banana:
Your welcome John. Look forward to hearing your results.

Looks amazing! Do you think it will be beneficial for my black terminator replicas?
I would not use this on black wheels. It recommends aluminum, stainless steel, brass or copper.

shauncurt

Established Member
I have been doing pics before, during, and after with this kit. I will post them when I'm done. Its taking a long time because I'm doing one step per wheel per night. That way every wheel will get a full effort in every step. I just hope it lasts half as long as advertised.

black 10th vert

Established Member

just a thought

This stuff is not going to make a dull, or oxidized set look like Kevin's, because it is not really designed as a polish - just a sealant.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
after discussing this product quite a bit with the owner of Shine Seal i made a deal with him to become an authorized distributor of his product. i wanted to offer this as a convenience to my customers but didnt want to carry the $100 kits. he agreed to make "wheel kits" for me that are about half the size, and half the cost. i immediately ordered 10 kits and am already flying through the stuff for my wheel customers.

BUT, you can also use this on your polished engine parts as well. or how about that polished exhaust that you slaved away on so much? :idea: this stuff has a temperature tolerance that is waaay beyond anything we'd throw it at. so polished ported eaton? no problem.

a customer asked me if it would be good for his chrome wheels. guess what? YES. works on chrome just the same. both chrome and polished aluminum are VERY porous. this stuff will help keep those pores sealed off. it would also act as a bit of a barrier against any brake dust that might land on your wheels, which can eat right through chrome when hot.

IMG_2477.jpg

here is what you get in the "wheel kit" for $50 (plus $10 shipping) --there's a white applicator cloth behind the bottles
IMG_2482.jpg

now thats good if your stuff is already clean and shiny. if you need to do some polishing first, i also grabbed some bottles of their metal polish which im told is comparable to Adams (which i always recommend). these are $12 each plus shipping ($7) (or combined with the kit for $10).

IMG_2479.jpg

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
very nice. I'll be using some of this on the chrome lips of my new wheels. Will also put it on my exhaust if I have enough left.

mrpork

Established Member
kev i have a ? for you. how hard will it be with this kit to get rims that shinny or should i use a polisher before using this kit. also steve i bought the rims i have now used but never had tires mounted on them can i purchase a kit from you?

Users who are viewing this thread