swapped to auto, retune?

jiggen01

Established Member
I went to a 4r70w, should i go to my tuner and get it retuned? also the speed sensor where i have to change the number of reluctors from 12 to 6, i cant do that with the handheld sct thats something my tuner has to do correct?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Negative we dyno'd my car before and after pretty much and the tune stayed dead on. Swapped from the 6 speed to a 4R70W.

Edit: I'd still check the tune though because it's cheap insurance.

Last edited:

jiggen01

Established Member
guess i'll call em up and see what they say, but what about the speedometer correcting part, do they have to do that in the tune as well?

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Yes, your tuner will correct the speedometer as well. The tune won't have to be changed, but there are adjustments that have to be made for the Auto. You tuner should be able to explain everything he/she has to do since you swapped transmissions.

jiggen01

Established Member
Yes, your tuner will correct the speedometer as well. The tune won't have to be changed, but there are adjustments that have to be made for the Auto. You tuner should be able to explain everything he/she has to do since you swapped transmissions.

what kind of adjustments have to be made, also my speedometer isnt working at all is that normal?

Users who are viewing this thread