Swapping the tech pack display into the Track pack car

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
This might be one for our tech guy Tob.. But here goes.

I originally ordered a tech pack car, and changed it to a track pack car, as I wanted and had to have the recaros after sitting in them.

Now, I'm sure that no one has swapped the display yet, as people are just getting their cars, but what about some of the GT guys? Has it been done yet?

If so, I'm interested to see how "plug and play"
It would be to swap it out.

I prefer the ETAC and Nav screen to the tiny screen in the track pack

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
There is a thread on another Mustang forum about swapping the screens and other hardware. It can be done, but its $$ for the parts and IIRC not all the features work.

purtstang

Established Member
Chris what I am doing is going aftermarket for all stereo equipment, same as you I wanted the track pack over the tech but I want the tech too, So instead of paying a small fortune for OEM parts, I am going to put top of the line aftermarket in my GT350 and save some money.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Chris what I am doing is going aftermarket for all stereo equipment, same as you I wanted the track pack over the tech but I want the tech too, So instead of paying a small fortune for OEM parts, I am going to put top of the line aftermarket in my GT350 and save some money.

I'm trying to avoid doing an aftermarket head unit.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
There is a thread on another Mustang forum about swapping the screens and other hardware. It can be done, but its $$ for the parts and IIRC not all the features work.

I saw this too and don't remember where the heck it was. Looked like quite a bit of detail if you aren't much of an audiophile.

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
You can do it.. Requires a bit of wiring.. Sync 3 and mft have the same connectors except sync 3 has a gps antenna now and that is for cars with or without nav.. Problem for sync 3 is that the parts right now are only available through dealer.. The APIM has a 300$ core.. And it will be about 1000$ since you won't have a core.. and the display is different from the MFT.. I do these a lot for dealers.. I add navigation to the no nav sync 3 cars.. But sync 3 now requires a new APIM if you don't have nav.. The old MFT. You could force nav onto the APIM.. You can't on the sync 3.. Also the bezel has to be replaced.. It winds up getting expensive right now just because there are only a few 16 fords that have sync 3.. And until they start showing on eBay it will be expensive to do the swap.. Plus you have to have someone like me that can do all the programming of the parts to make them work together

03Predator

Established Member

I'm interested in this as well. What options are out there at the moment for these cars?

krt22

Established Member
I just want to get rid of all the god awful buttons next to the 4.2 screen.

Users who are viewing this thread