sweet trailer design

deadhorse

WCMF-38
Established Member
finally a good idea for car trailers [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giq9zuW0COM&feature=related"]YouTube - KC Slider Trailer Walkthrough[/nomedia]

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Dont really see the need for the slide out portion. If it laid flat, then yes.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
well the gas version of that generator is around 5K so I can't imagine the diesel's price..

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Dont really see the need for the slide out portion. If it laid flat, then yes.

I am glad I wasnt the only one watching it and saying why would I need that.

It allows you to keep the trailer level and not have to jack the front of the trailer in the air to keep the car from scraping where the ramp meets the trailer.

Nice, I bet expensive but would have saved me a lot of headache over the years.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
It allows you to keep the trailer level and not have to jack the front of the trailer in the air to keep the car from scraping where the ramp meets the trailer.

Nice, I bet expensive but would have saved me a lot of headache over the years.

It looks like to me the angle is the same.

Fire 4 Effect couldnt use it.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
When you take the car in or out of the trailer the middle in most cases will drag right at the rear of the trailer where the ramp attaches. Most people will jack the front of the trailer to lessen the angle of the ramp.
This completely avoids that problem.

It isn't about the front dragging for me, it is the middle.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
See where the middle is scraped up from rubbing?

IMG_3460.jpg

Angle from inside, front jacked up as high as it will go.

IMG_3473.jpg

deadhorse

WCMF-38
Established Member
i think you guys are missing the hole point of this type of trailer, its main design feature is so that you can get your car mounted and strapped in with out squeezing down the sides of it when inside the trailer.Much easyer to do while the car is outside of the unit, sure its not going to be cheap but any car transporter will tell you its a great idea.Wheni bought my car and had it shipped i wasnt to impressed with the lack of room in wich the guy was squeezing down the side of my car trying to unstrap it, hie belt buckle just inches away from the paint, not to mention opening the door and touching the side of the trialer.i payed good money to have my car shipped buy a pro, it still ended up with damage to the front , and the bottom sill pannels,plus a few scuffs down the drivers side.

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member
Dont get me wrong its a good Idea for someone with an ass ton of expendable capitol but for someone that will be trailering themselves it seems a little too much, way to many things are gonna gor wrong with that design whether it breaks with the car on it or not. It seems with all our know how we could figure out a better design for moving a vehicle.

laruei

Established Member
I feel like this guy would own one? :shrug:

[youtube_browser]WSGb-mCFjqY[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread