Switching tuner to Ken Bjonnes @ Palm Beach Dyno

4VFTW

Established Member
you're in good hands with Ken, having met him in person he is knowledgeable and easy to work with

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm sure Ken will do a great job for you.

As VMP grows we continue to add tuning, sales, and technical support staff to serve our customers. We have a new support ticket system that allows customers to access our entire staff. The calibration team at VMP constantly monitors support tickets. New requests for support may be submitted here: http://support.vmpperformance.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

fiveohalex

Fiveohalex
Established Member
Why would anyone "announce" they are switching tuners?
What do you have to gain by saying you are switching companies? The implication is that you were not satisfied. I don't see how this post is beneficial to anyone.

fiveohalex

Fiveohalex
Established Member
I guess so...if shoe was on the other foot......."hey guys I'm leaving Palm beach dyno for....AED" i wonder how that would be taken by the other party.

sono

Established Member
Yep, Ken got my pain in the ass kb mono sorted out. He makes it right no matter how long it takes

heart_attack

Established Member
I'm thinking about having him tune my car when my CPR kit shows up. I see he posts on yellowbullet often but I haven't seen him post here but maybe I just don't pay attention.

_Snake_

Established Member
Ken dyno tuned my Procharged Boss. 100% happy with every aspect of the tune, including drivability, and would highly recommend him.

demas

Established Member
Sorry but this wasn't meant to harm anybody especially Justin or VMP!
I would highly recommend them to anyone who wants a pro tune but have some patience.
I just wanted to share my build changes so I really sorry if it went the wrong way.

Justin, appreciate your comment.

466roller

Established Member
Previously tuned by Ken B here. Best ET was a 10.64@130. I pushed that motor a little too hard and it a rod let go. Drivability was good and the car ran hard. With your setup I'm sure he can get it in the mid/low 10's. His trans calibration was pretty close right off the bat

Last edited:

cjd223

Established Member
Guess I drink the Justin Starkey Kool-aid. He has done several tunes for me in the past. Every single one, with the exception of my E85 tune, has not required a tune revision. The E85 revision is spot on. Original tune was a tad rich. Waiting on my replacement laptop to arrive to data log it. I have not had any contact issues with him. 90% of the time I talk directly with him on the phone.

rmurer

Established Member
Guess I drink the Justin Starkey Kool-aid. He has done several tunes for me in the past. Every single one, with the exception of my E85 tune, has not required a tune revision. The E85 revision is spot on. Original tune was a tad rich. Waiting on my replacement laptop to arrive to data log it. I have not had any contact issues with him. 90% of the time I talk directly with him on the phone.

Again OP is not stating that Justin/VMP are bad tunes. OP just preferred faster turn around is all.

demas

Established Member
I wish I could delete this thread since its misunderstood for some people and it wasn't my intentions..

Zemedici

Established Member
eh dont worry about it. If feelings are going to get hurt by a website, then I cant imagine how the real world will affect some people :rolleyes:

Ken does fantastic work, you're in good hands.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I wish I could delete this thread since its misunderstood for some people and it wasn't my intentions..

The reality is that fingers move faster than brain cells. We're all guilty of it. Don't sweat it.

I had someone over on GT500Forum start a thread with VMP TUNE PROBLEM.

It wasn't that in the least. Now the guy is doing everything he can to make it look better. I really don't care, but it's nice that he's cognizant of the repercussions of something like that on forums (I ended up remoting with his laptop and doing the datalog for him. I've had to do it a few times, but you're not gonna get that from most calibrators. ) We bust our butts to deliver the best quality work on a timely basis. Nothing is cut and paste. But, in your case the timeframe didn't work for you.

Your desire to backstep it a tad is respected. Thanks.

bj

demas

Established Member
Bj you know what they say, it's not you it just me. Again have no complaints to the great VMP team which all their "sin" was to be too busy due to high level of demand
I'm doing many changes in my car so I need it quick but hey, it might be only me...

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Bj you know what they say, it's not you it just me. Again have no complaints to the great VMP team which all their "sin" was to be too busy due to high level of demand
I'm doing many changes in my car so I need it quick but hey, it might be only me...

We'll be in Joliet in about a month at NMRA. Come see us. The mobile dyno will be there, too.

bj

cjd223

Established Member
My feeling ARE hurt. People are mean. I have been curled up in a fetal position for a couple of days. My wife tells me to stop crying.

Users who are viewing this thread