T56 Leaking

10thSVT

SVT Poster
Established Member
I just put a new shifter in it and drained it and put Royal Purple Synchromax in it.. I noticed a lot of trans fluid on my driveway.. I put it on a lift and noticed me vent tube had a lot of fluid around it.. Going to tighten the vent tube and put new fluid in.. What is the best to use.. And should I buy a new vent tube..

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Explain to us your refill procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

10thSVT

SVT Poster
Established Member
Put car on the lift Sat. Seen that the vent tube where it connects into top of trans was not plugged in.. We plugged it back in.. Checked the fluid level and it was good.. We was thinking that it must of been over filled..

SVT_Troy

Established Member
so yea what im asking is how you filled it or to be more direct when did you stop filling it. That is what i want to know to understand and determine if you overfilled it. It should never leak out of the vent unless you overfill it. Not sure if guys that road race their car has this issue or not. Have not heard of street cars having this problem.

Basically you either fully drain it then add 3.8 quarts through the shifter area or you just fill it with the side plug off until it starts to pour out. 3.8 quarts is a T56 capacity. Make sure the car is level.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
GREAT video. Makes changing the transmission fluid the first time SO much easier. And another one that I added to my Terminator FAQs, Danny. :)

Users who are viewing this thread