T56 Magnum XL swap

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The 6060 is a remote mount shifter like the mt-82, meaning it moves around under spirited driving which leads to missed shifts because of this excessive movement. The tremec magnum xl is a top mount shifter which = no movement for more precise shifts. The magnum takes alot from the 6060 and improves on it in every way making it a stronger better shifting unit then any other tremec tranny out there. You should drive a car with one, soon as you do you will want 1 no matter the cost!

Flcracker

Established Member
I can definitely feel the weight of my t56 Mag xl. Also, it does not shift nearly as smooth as the mt82. Oh, and the clunk in the 1-2 shift is annoying! Hey, but at least I don't miss third gear anymore.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I can definitely feel the weight of my t56 Mag xl. Also, it does not shift nearly as smooth as the mt82. Oh, and the clunk in the 1-2 shift is annoying! Hey, but at least I don't miss third gear anymore.

yours must not be set up right my magnum is smoother and more precise then my mt-82 was.... its just better all the way around.. yeah its heavier by 40lbs but i dumped my spare tire and jack pack guess how much they weigh 40lbs...i got no clunk from 1-2 you should have that checked out.....hope you didn't put gear oil in your magnum...it don't take it!!! i use amsoil atf....its better then mobil 1 atf!

Flcracker

Established Member
I took it to the people who installed it and was told that the clunk is due to the way I'm shifting it. That I'm pulling it to left and not straight down. Any recommendation on who I should take it to for a second opinion. Maybe call Tremec and have them suggest a shop in my area?

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Boom...

trans.jpg

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
So...for those who have installed them...how did you guys wire the trans up? I know that the tremec is 2 wires and the mt-82 is 3 wires? do the other connections just plug in?

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
I've got the Abbott box JPC uses. Speedo works, Cruise doesn't.

I've heard of another brand box that keeps CC functionality, but can't remember off the top of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread