T56 Magnum

97LaserRed

Fresh
Established Member
Just curious, Im about to order a t56 magnum, How much power/ torque is everyone putting threw their t56 magnum? anybody hear of any issues with it?

also what gear set did everyone go with?? Im thinking 2.66 since the car is a street car.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I have one in my car. It's not a direct bolt in for our cars just to let you know I had to bang out the trany tunnel, and I had to wire the reverse lock out soilnoid. I'm running over 600rwhp through it with zero issues. I have the .50 6th one. It's an awesome transmission. Do a search and you'll see me posting for all the magnum threads..

97LaserRed

Fresh
Established Member
what do you mean you had to wire the reverse lock out soleniod?? Ill be installing this trans myself so all the info the better!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
the reverse lock out for the transmission. I wired it to my brake pedal. So then to get it into reverse I have to have my foot on the brake to unlock it so then I can put it into reverse. Also the crossmember has to be modified to allow it to be mounted properly.. I think that's it though.

97LaserRed

Fresh
Established Member
the reverse lock out for the transmission. I wired it to my brake pedal. So then to get it into reverse I have to have my foot on the brake to unlock it so then I can put it into reverse. Also the crossmember has to be modified to allow it to be mounted properly.. I think that's it though.

I was going to order the D&D kit. doesn't that come with the new mounts??

I like your reverse lock out idea. Idk I might just wire it up solid to bypass that so it can go reverse any time...... I got time to think about it.

what did you have to do to your cross member??

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I bought that same kit my friend. I'm trying to remember but i'm pretty sure that I had to drill new holes.. I didn't install it my shop did but I was there the whole time helping them with it.I wouldn't bypass it at all. Throw a 3 or 5th gear shift and if you hit reverse there goes your motor, tranny, rear end ect.

97LaserRed

Fresh
Established Member
I bought that same kit my friend. I'm trying to remember but i'm pretty sure that I had to drill new holes.. I didn't install it my shop did but I was there the whole time helping them with it.I wouldn't bypass it at all. Throw a 3 or 5th gear shift and if you hit reverse there goes your motor, tranny, rear end ect.

ya true. Ill prob hook it into my brake pedal as well. I like that idea:beer:

no biggie about drilling new holes just trying to get an idea of what i have to do

oldmodman

Established Member
I have been looking at all the reports about the Magnum and the only bad thing I've heard is the very first buyer got a noisy one. But it was replaced and the new one was perfect.
I just wish there was somewhere to get a better price on it. Every dealer seems to charge the exact same price down to the penny.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
They have been out for a while now so I don't think any of them now have issues. That's the first I've heard of that as well.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Really wish my car was in the states, I would buy a Magnum and call it a day, I keep going through the regular ass T56s

Users who are viewing this thread