Tail Of Dragon Oct 27th-29th 2006

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
this is the loop we hit this year.

Leave Wears Valley and get on Foothills Parkway just outside of Townsend
Take Foothills Pkway all the way to Hwy 129.
Run the Dragon, head on to Robbinsville.
Go to Cherohala Skyway turn around and come back
Work a lunch break in there somewhere.

This will be around 5+ hrs driving including breaks (pictures, stretch your legs, etc)

We did all of this on Friday of our trip in June and then on Saturday we wasted time in Gatlinburg for a little while and then cruised the Smoky Mountain Park. i recommend this as well.

Oh and you guys/gals MUST work in a meal at the Apple Barn restuarant in Sevierville as well. AWESOME FOOD!

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
Holy smokes, I have new desktop pictures now. Man, I hope my time off memo gets approved.

Guess my long distance award is shot to hell. Haaaaaaaaa.

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
I'm considering going. I was supposed to be leaving for there today on my motorcycle..but totalled it just over a week ago. I'd still love to make it out in something...and the car seems like a good choice.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Our group from a year ago

tn_IMG_5288.jpg

yes, its real

tn_IMG_5307.jpg

tn_IMG_5322.jpg

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
oh yeah one more thing.

Make sure you guys have 2 way radios. Cell phones usage is minimal unless you are in the larger cities. Also, I recommend for those that are not familiar with the area to have an up to date atlas or map in your vehicles. And just in case of breakdowns, travel in pairs when cruising the mountain roads. There are a ton of desolate areas

tistan

Established Member
I'm in. I will probably stay with my parents in Chattanooga, Tn. Unless we start drinking, and then I'll get a hotel.

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
ByeOfficer said:
, how often am I gonna get this kind of chance? I don't know how "spirited" we will allowed to be with our driving, but I hope it's more than the norm. .

I am not going to tell you to break the law :coolman: but those of you that know you will get a little spirited need to get together and leave out first :-D

I have some videos somewhere of our trips. I'll see if I can dig one up for you guys to see

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
Im going to try and get as many of my friends to come as I can. I've got a couple of Harley trucks, 06 Mustang GT, 04 GT, R1. Well see what I can get going!

Steel Horse

Established Member
svtsilverback said:
cool buddy / lexington ky police dept / k9 unit
I have a friend that was k-9 a couple years ago, Clint Ison He was injured and had to move to another job.

Count me in on this trip, I'll probably catch someone on the way down and travel with them in they come down 25E, if not i'll see you there, If noboby minds, My buddy will come in his GTS Viper also.

Users who are viewing this thread