Tailpipe Polishing

toddyfiveo

Established Member
Not sure if this should be in here or the exhaust section. I was wondering if people would be willing to pay to have their tails polished. I know this is not a hard task, but it is time consuming. I know finding free time is hard sometimes. Below is the magnaflows I had and I’m now getting ready to do my borla tails and my buddy’s.
IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
How close are you to STL? I need mine done...

I have done this and know exactly how much time it takes and how labor intensive it is. The end results are worth it, but since I have 2 Cobra's I'm not sure I want to do it again LOL.

However, the question above is my concern. I would be willing to pay to have it done for me, but then how much is shipping going to be to ship tail pipes out and then have them shipped back?

Maybe this will have to be a local thing unless people are willing to pay to ship them out. Not sure I would be one of those people.

toddyfiveo

Established Member
I have done this and know exactly how much time it takes and how labor intensive it is. The end results are worth it, but since I have 2 Cobra's I'm not sure I want to do it again LOL.

However, the question above is my concern. I would be willing to pay to have it done for me, but then how much is shipping going to be to ship tail pipes out and then have them shipped back?

Maybe this will have to be a local thing unless people are willing to pay to ship them out. Not sure I would be one of those people.

The shipping is what concerned me also. I would like to think it wouldn’t cost much as they don’t way much. Just awkward to pack.

SVTCam

Established Member

Haha I want to get this done so bad, I just do not have the space to do it. Definitely willing to pay for this service.

toddyfiveo

Established Member
I’m thinking to get started with those few that are interested $225 and that would include shipping back. Not sure what the shipping is so I could be screwing myself on that part. Let me know what you guys think.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I’m thinking to get started with those few that are interested $225 and that would include shipping back. Not sure what the shipping is so I could be screwing myself on that part. Let me know what you guys think.

I think that sounds about right. I do a flat rate shipping when I send out the diecast cars I build. In the end it balances out. Places that are close to me shipping is lower than my fee and places that are further away (Northern California or New York) shipping charges are more than my fee. So, in the end it equals out.

However, after the first 2 you ship out you will know if you have to adjust or not.

toddyfiveo

Established Member
I think that sounds about right. I do a flat rate shipping when I send out the diecast cars I build. In the end it balances out. Places that are close to me shipping is lower than my fee and places that are further away (Northern California or New York) shipping charges are more than my fee. So, in the end it equals out.

However, after the first 2 you ship out you will know if you have to adjust or not.

Yeah. That’s what I was thinking. I’ll figure out the shipping part pretty fast.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Yeah I’d charge the same but I go further to a 2500 grit before hitting it with polish. I was going to start doing like you since I’m in SoCal but I’ve had no bites one people wanting it done. I polished up my old stingers for the guy I traded them with so he’d actually want them.
IMG_0460.JPG

They weren’t done to my new standard just till they were shiny so he was happy. I have to do my magnaflows next.

toddyfiveo

Established Member
Yeah I’d charge the same but I go further to a 2500 grit before hitting it with polish. I was going to start doing like you since I’m in SoCal but I’ve had no bites one people wanting it done. I polished up my old stingers for the guy I traded them with so he’d actually want them.View attachment 1474862
They weren’t done to my new standard just till they were shiny so he was happy. I have to do my magnaflows next.

It seems like some are interested. I think the biggest issue is people removing the pipes and not knowing what the shipping is.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Those are some great 'before' and 'after' pics, haha! They start out looking like POS's, then they look terrific!

Users who are viewing this thread