take a look at my dyno all

Sneaky03

Established Member
This is my first dyno. My car has a 2.8,chip,exhaust,amazon filter.
I kind of thought the numbers were a little low, but i kind of think it is to the fact that it was 90 degrees in the bay, and my car only had about a half hour rest after driving for about an 1hr.
My af was 12.5 to about 3500 then dropped to 11.8 until the little drop of at 6200 were it dipped at 11.5. Tell me what you all think.
hmm well i cant get the picture to show up. Any ways my dyno was 436/446.

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
What type of dyno was it, dynojet, superflow, mustang? If it was a dynojet your numbers are pretty low for a 2.8. You should be around 460+ with your mods. Your a/f sounds like its right on.

jason

NightEnforcer

Established Member
Dyno numbers do seem a bit low. Should be between 450 and 460. What was the humidity? High humidity with high temps will kill the numbers. Did they tighten up the rear end straps very very very tight? It make a big difference. Wheel slip on some dynos is the culprit for low HP and Torque numbers. What's the altitude where you dynoed?

Sneaky03

Established Member
The dyno is a dynojet.
NightEnforcer it seemed like it was pretty tight, It looked like they got it as tight as they could. Im in arkansas so the elevation is low. I just figured my numbers were a little low cause it was pretty warm out.
Would it bein warm out make 20 to 30 hp diff??? Also when you guys get the car do you all have a little white smoke coming out?? Cause when they got on it i did, But they acted like it was normal. I also smelled a little clutch, I wander if it is slipping a little bit.
The car only has 3000 miles on it so I dont think the clutch should be slipping to bad...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What was the exact outside temperature? How much did your car cool down before the dyno run? I noticed you listed you're running a 2.8" upper pulley but you don't mention idlers. If you're not running an idler set with the 2.8 pulley (especially if it isn't an anti-slip like the RR) you might be getting some belt slip. I run mine in high 80 degree weather and I've been told by Amazon Racing that high heat can rob you of up to 20 rwhp. I'm going to put mine back on the dyno in another month when the temps have dropped to the 60s just to see.

As far as the smoke, I don't have any when I get on it. However, if you hit the fuel cutoff you would see a puff. But that's at a very high RPM. At what RPM do you think it was when you saw the white puff of smoke?

davidmax

Established Member
These clutches are not made to handle 425+ rrwhp,they will die a fast,hopefully painless death.I killed a pro stock clutch 2500.00 at 833 hp. and now I forgot which brand Sean and I have chosen.
The pro stock clutch was free from the manufacturer and I did hit the rev ltr twice(Not the greatest drag driver)it should have held.In a way its a relief it took about 90 lbs. of thigh force to disengage and trafic made me go back to the Gym so my quads are stronger.Dave Smilovic.

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
Sneaky, did you have it dyno'd in Springdale or Fay. or that shop you guys use in Littlerock?

Sneaky03

Established Member
it was about 90 degrees cobrabob. I should of specifed i have the 2.8 rr pulley by the look of the graph i dont think i have belt slip. If someone can post it up for me give me your email and ill send the dyno sheet to you. You were saying you should get a white puff of smoke when you hit the rev limiter which mine did, but threw the whole dyno when he put it to the floor there was a little white smoke coming out. I was thinking it was cause it was running a little rich, but from what the af said i guess it is not...
Ohh the car was driven for about an hour and then only sat about 30 mins then 15 mins between the 3 pulls....

two tone freak I had the dyno done were all of the guys have been getting them done up in bryant

Sneaky03

Established Member
bassin247 i couldnt get the picture to show. If some one thinks they can get it to show give me a email address and ill email it to you. But i did say in my first post it made 436/446

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
Those numbers are a bit low for your mods.

Cold with a 5 min warm up my car made 445 / 460 on a SuperFlow WinDyn, fully warmed up it made 430 / 460 with a UPR CAI, 2.93" pulley, Diablo Chip and no exhaust mods.

Repeated runs on an earlier trip to the dyno resulted in about a 5 HP each run as the car got more and more heat soaked so engine and intake heat could be causing the low HP numbers and the exhaust may be pulling down your peak torque.

Sneaky03

Established Member
Here we go let see if it works now.

Ok i see it didnt work how i wanted it to can some one change it over so everyone dont have to download it.
Thanks

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Sneaky, you dyno'd down at Polks right? I was down there a few weeks ago and all the 03's seemed to be about 20rwhp off (At least that's what I'm hoping). I have a 2.93, chip, cai, and cat back and only got 417RWHP/444RWTQ. I was expecting 440/460. Bill pulled 435RWHP this month, but got 454RWHP earlier in March (that's where I'm getting the 20RWHP loss because Nick's was off that much too).

I think it's the weather. The temp when I ran was 98 with a humidity of 70%. Plus it took them 15 minutes of backing the car to line it up properly. I think our numbers will be up where they should be now that the air is cooling off. It's thick here...

Last edited:

Sneaky03

Established Member
yes lethalchem i did have it done at polks. And it was hot as hell lol.
It makes me feel a little better if you all are dynoing a little low also.
Maybe we all will have to go back up there and see if we can get a group price once it gets a little cooler..

wicked03snake

Established Member
i wouldnt worry about the horsepower being as low because it will do that with heat outside and the car being hot. i basically have the same mods with no catback and in major august heat about 104 in the pits where the dyno was, i still hit 454/474 torque, but the car engine was cool. i would be more worried why your torque isnt higher

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
What exhaust do you have? X Pipe and free flowing catback? Do you have a boost gauge on there?

Sneaky03

Established Member
thx dohc i appreciate you putting the picture up..
Jerry i have the magnaflow catback, but i still have the stock h pipe.
Im thinking its the heat, because this morning it was about 62 degrees out and i could roast 2nd gear pretty easily... Im hoping thats all it was. No i dont have an aftermarket boost gauge as of yet that is going to probally be the next thing i do...

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
The dips you see in the curve at around 6100 may be being caused by belt slip. Look at the A/F for the same points and see if it goes rich. If it does then it's a good chance your belt is slipping then.
Dana

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
The dips you see in the curve at around 6100 may be being caused by belt slip. Look at the A/F for the same points and see if it goes rich. If it does then it's a good chance your belt is slipping then.
Dana
Maybe spark blowout too. Sneaky03 did you change or at least regap plugs?

Users who are viewing this thread