Taking photos of SD card problem

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Tossed my SD card into my laptop and its telling it needs formatted before use.
I took a ton of photos and don't want to lose them.

It'll open the folder showing the DCIM folder, but when clicked it says I/O error.

Anyway to save this or am I ****ed?

GodStang

Established Member
I have yet to figure this out but for some reason only certain computers can read my cards. At one time all my computers could read my SDHC cards. With no changes half of them can not read the cards. So now I am stuck sticking them in my laptop moving it to the hard drive there then moving them over to my editing desktop. It is a pain but it keeps me from losing pics because the editing desktop can no longer read the card.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Have you formatted the card after transferring the photos?

Tapatalking in my GT/CS

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
It finally read it. Not sure the cause. Took multiple times of trying but I was able to save the photos.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

GodStang

Established Member
Glad you got it to work. For some reason my Laptops will read the cards and my desktops wont for the past year. I have even done fresh formatting on them and still now worky.

MysticRob

Established Member
My Dad had the same problem. He'd load up a card and we'd xfer the pics off it a few times, then it would progressively get harder to read. Removing the pics and having him then format the card using his phone worked every time thereafter and never had that problem again.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've had occasional issues with SDHC cards. I, too, never want to risk losing photos I've taken. So I always move any photos I take from my SD card to my desktop hard drive as soon as possible. Also the reason why I don't need a mega capacity card. My photos aren't stored on the card that long before they're move to my hard drive.

Users who are viewing this thread