Talk me out of an Evo X MR

MachJoe

Established Member
Ive heard and read problems with the auto over heating on track days. So you'd need a tranny cooler. Also the engines need to be sleeved for serious power. On the other hand, I'm a fan of the Evo's, but the GSR version. I like to shift myself. The engines are very capable and its next to impossible to crash that thing with its advanced AWD. Either way, keeping the Audi or getting the Evo, you can't go wrong in my book.

Edit: is your A4 the 2.0TSI?

Last edited:

UncleAnt

Established Member
If someone spent 4k to make 375whp in a Evo they probably diddnt do any research and bought all the pretty and expensive stuff that doesn't work.

You can get a fpred turbo,injectors and pump with a intercooler and downpipe for 4k and make 500whp.the sst trans doesn't love the torque but they do offer upgrades for it and it's not that expensive

Op get the Evo it's an improvement over the Audi.aside from the dashboard and maybe the leather on the seats

allister

Established Member
Evo all the way!! I used to have an Evo 9 in the same color. Like the previous guy said, it doesn't take much at all to turn these cars into beasts. And they're super fun to drive. Mine wouldn't go for crap in the snow though so I had to get rid of it

Talk you out why?

Please buy.

Then come back and tell us how you wasted coin on it and shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

I wish that on you!

truefiveo

Established Member
Car looks like this except it has the rear spoiler. Same color:
38148560004_large.jpg

I currently drive a 2010 Audi A4 quattro with a manual trans. Honestly, I'm in traffic a lot more now. Having the auto of the evo would be nice and it's a dual clutch trans with paddle shifters so its still a blast.

It meets my requirements of four doors, AWD, navigation, mod-ability, and leather.

My insurance would go up $50 a month and my car payment might go up $20 tops.

This would allow me to get back into drag racing and perhaps get my first day in on a road course.

So why in your opinion should I not get it? Any mechanical issues you guys know about?

That car looks plain girly and stupid man...DON'T DO IT!:nonono:

61mmstang94

Established Member
There is another thread on here asking what beer you are drinking.... I am on that one too (pretty good / used the one with the two o's), so forgive my incorrect choice of "sense."

But the thread was titled "talk me out of...." So I tried... I still can't believe you thought I was serious.

PS... I read this one three times before posting. Hope I got an "A"

The "p" is silent in that word correct?

Hhahahahahaaha

Lolololololl @ ford_racer.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
If all you want is performance then EVO all the way. But if you like comfort along with lack of road noise and harsh ride stick with the A4. I've heard the interior of an EVO being described as being worse than a compact rental.

xenodragon

Established Member
If all you want is performance then EVO all the way. But if you like comfort along with lack of road noise and harsh ride stick with the A4. I've heard the interior of an EVO being described as being worse than a compact rental.

Its not that bad, but is very plain for sure....also the Recaro's are not very comfortable, I have ridden along in my friends and my back starting hurting after 30 minutes or so.

61mmstang94

Established Member
The evo x actually isn't as bad as people think.

I think much of the complaining comes from the 2007 and older (evo viii, ix, etc.).

The evo x is not a mercedes but they're not horrible:
evo_x_1280_019_450op.jpg

130_0712_10_z%2Bmitsubishi_evo_x%2Binterior_view.jpg

Last edited:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Ive heard and read problems with the auto over heating on track days. So you'd need a tranny cooler. Also the engines need to be sleeved for serious power. On the other hand, I'm a fan of the Evo's, but the GSR version. I like to shift myself. The engines are very capable and its next to impossible to crash that thing with its advanced AWD. Either way, keeping the Audi or getting the Evo, you can't go wrong in my book.

Edit: is your A4 the 2.0TSI?

Yes it's the 2.0 TFSI motor. Unfortunately the B8s just haven't received the aftermarket support the earlier models have.

So no one has given me any real bad news regarding the car so I'm going to check it out today.

MGC

Established Member
Op how big are you and how big is the interior on one of these? Thought about getting an evo before but they seem too small for me, I'm 6'4"

jrandy

Established Member
Op how big are you and how big is the interior on one of these? Thought about getting an evo before but they seem too small for me, I'm 6'4"

The 08+ Evo's are larger, but not quite sure how much.

I think that the MR's make one hell of a fun DD. I almost bought one last year but I ended up with a 06 MR. The deciding factor was strictly price. I also couldn't find an 08+ with less than 50,xxx miles.

The interiors on all the Evo's have been rather cheap, especially for the price your paying for them. It's not terrible, but still worth noting.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member

Interior specs are almost identical to my Audi except the evo has more legroom for the front vs the Audi having more for the rear seats.

I'm 6'4 also btw. Plenty of room in my Audi as long as no one is behind me.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Interior specs are almost identical to my Audi except the evo has more legroom for the front vs the Audi having more for the rear seats.

Interior specs size wise may be close. In all other respects there is zero comparison. If you're going to drop that kind of coin on a EVO IX why don't you just get an 09 GT-R? I've seen them in the low 40's. EVO IX can't hold a candle to the GT-R in any respect unless seriously modded. And the interior is much nicer. Just some food for thought.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Interior specs size wise may be close. In all other respects there is zero comparison. If you're going to drop that kind of coin on a EVO IX why don't you just get an 09 GT-R? I've seen them in the low 40's. EVO IX can't hold a candle to the GT-R in any respect unless seriously modded. And the interior is much nicer. Just some food for thought.

You're comparing the cost of an evo ix to an r35 gtr? :lol:

I love the r35 but to say they're on the same price level as an evo ix is pretty funny. Is ten times the car the evo is but you pay for that.

MGC

Established Member

Cool, thanks for the info, guess I was thinking of the 9's that were little.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
You're comparing the cost of an evo ix to an r35 gtr? :lol:

I love the r35 but to say they're on the same price level as an evo ix is pretty funny. Is ten times the car the evo is but you pay for that.

Is reading not your thing? Please show me where I said they were the same price.

They are however in the same BALLPARK.... I've seen EVO IX's in the high 30's/low 40's. I've seen GT-R's as low as 44k. So YES my friend they are in a similar price range- nice try though:rollseyes

Correction EVO X's

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread