Talk me out of an Evo X MR

jrandy

Established Member
You're comparing the cost of an evo ix to an r35 gtr? :lol:

I love the r35 but to say they're on the same price level as an evo ix is pretty funny. Is ten times the car the evo is but you pay for that.

+1

You can pick up a IX for low 20's with decent milage. Can't get a GTR for anywhere near that.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
+1

You can pick up a IX for low 20's with decent milage. Can't get a GTR for anywhere near that.

I meant EVO X's and while you CAN find them in the high 20's to find one that's not thrashed within an inch of its life you'll spend 35+ and often into the low 40's. How doesn't that compare to 44k.... Unless you're arguing just for the sake of arguing:poke:

61mmstang94

Established Member
Is reading not your thing? Please show me where I said they were the same price.

They are however in the same BALLPARK.... I've seen EVO IX's in the high 30's/low 40's. I've seen GT-R's as low as 44k. So YES my friend they are in a similar price range- nice try though:rollseyes

Correction EVO X's
Don't be personally offended. Come on, guy.

I read what you typed very clearly. It's not my reading comprehension, its just your lack of knowledge.

Point out to me where I can find r35s for $44,000. Go ahead. Because ill start buying them to re-sell them at their true value if you know where all of the $40k r35s are hiding.

Because the market value for them is still more like $60,000-70,000 and still near $100,000 for the r35s with the ams alpha packages...and the cost to mod and maintain is also significantly more than say....an evo.

But if you wanna think they're in the same price range and you just wanna argue just to argue, have at it. :beer:

Last edited:

jrandy

Established Member
I meant EVO X's and while you CAN find them in the high 20's to find one that's not thrashed within an inch of its life you'll spend 35+ and often into the low 40's. How doesn't that compare to 44k.... Unless you're arguing just for the sake of arguing:poke:

Not arguing for the sake of arguing. Like you just mentioned, you made the mistake and put Evo IX, not the Evo X.

I will agree to an extent about the Evo X's pricing. If we are talking used, you can find a clean Evo X for low 30's no problem. I have even seen some GSR's for high 20's that were clean.

2010 MR Touring with 19K miles asking $30k
2010 MR Touring FS in DC area 19k miles, almost stock - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums

2010 GSR with 38K asking $27k
FS: 2010 PBP GSR 38K Miles - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums

You, like anything else, can find examples of them used for $40+ I am sure.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member

I haven't seen a GTR in the states for under 60k. The evo x mr I'm looking at is under $ 30k and has 31k miles.

While I'd love a GTR, it's really not in my price range at this time.

MachJoe

Established Member
Yes it's the 2.0 TFSI motor. Unfortunately the B8s just haven't received the aftermarket support the earlier models have.

So no one has given me any real bad news regarding the car so I'm going to check it out today.

I change my mind then. Keep the Audi. The clutch is like a feather. I came from the VW world (that's all I've owned before now) and I know that 2.0TSI like the back of my hand. Its an extremely capable motors and produces loads of torque. I had a stage 2 2011 GTI before getting the Mach and it'd keep up with older STI's with some mods. Never raced an Evo though and it'd definitely put my Mach to shame as it is right now. Get an APR tune and see if that'll change your mind first. Its a night and day difference.

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
I admit I went to scope out Autotrader at the mention of getting a Godzilla for low $40k. I however, didn't see a single GT-R cheaper than $59k, and that one had super high miles.

The median for a GT-R in the three to four year old range still seems to be $65k for a decent mileage example. No thanks.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I change my mind then. Keep the Audi. The clutch is like a feather. I came from the VW world (that's all I've owned before now) and I know that 2.0TSI like the back of my hand. Its an extremely capable motors and produces loads of torque. I had a stage 2 2011 GTI before getting the Mach and it'd keep up with older STI's with some mods. Never raced an Evo though and it'd definitely put my Mach to shame as it is right now. Get an APR tune and see if that'll change your mind first. Its a night and day difference.

The Audi doesn't have as many options as its VW counterparts. An apr stage 3 will be lucky to put down 300 awhp. Also they have yet to produce a real big turbo kit.

And it's missing some features I'd like.

MachJoe

Established Member
The Audi doesn't have as many options as its VW counterparts. An apr stage 3 will be lucky to put down 300 awhp. Also they have yet to produce a real big turbo kit.

And it's missing some features I'd like.

Damn, I would've thought Audi had more options than VW, especially being quattro. Alright then, I guess the Evo :beer:

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
Another thing going for the EVO is that it's not FWD biased like the Audis are. My buddy has had multiple A4/S4s and he's had to put that Haldex mod in every single one of 'em.

Fuerza

Established Member
This is what I want to buy as well. Just not in the cards right now, if you can do it. Go for it!

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
When Mitsu goes bellyup in the American market, parts will be hard to get and very expensive.

This is pretty much the only reason why I haven't bought one as a DD. I've been looking at an STI instead. I even found a dealer who sells them under invoice if your interested.

infidel0910

Established Member
Audi FTW. Just cuz I dot like The evo. Audi is a way nicer car all around. Evo is def more performance oriented. It's up to you. Awd is nice but options can be limited.

FIVEHOE

Established Member

maybe in japan.....

get real dude you will NEVER find a an 09 GT-r for 40s in the US, unless its engine is blown out, and hookers gave bj's out of it before it got hit by a semi truck.

think you just showed us why you opted for the military instead of college.... who honestly compares those two cars, are you on bath salts?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread