Tax Refund - How much you getting back?

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
It's the middle of tax season now. We'll get about 5K back this year. The wife wants a 3-piece entertainment center, so we'll probably shell out some money for that. The rest will go into savings/investments. :beer: How much are ya'll getting back from good ol' Uncle Sam, and what do you plan on doing w/ the money?

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
uncle obama says your taxes you get back will then be taxed at 50% and given to all the worthless people.

jk, I'm getting back about 9. going towards some finishing stuff for my shop.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
$5k this year. We were thinking about putting in some granite coutertops but may hold off til later in the year and maybe get some new cabinets at the same time.

Dusten

Established Member
Im paying an additional $400, which suits me fine. I know that throughout the year i wasn't giving the government a free ****ing loan all year.

Defknotzero

Established Member
Damn, i wish i had some of the people's numbers in here.

I have no idea yet. I got my W2 from one of them. Just waiting on a 1099 for the other.

manOwar

Established Member
$30k.... I Love working overseas!!! Though I'm not sure how long that break will be given by the "Welfare States of Obama".

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
-$1256......I need to start having some illegitimate kids. Uncle Sam has dug deep into my pockets this year.

Dusten

Established Member
Damn, i wish i had some of the people's numbers in here.

I have no idea yet. I got my W2 from one of them. Just waiting on a 1099 for the other.

you want that much at the end of the year? Its simple, take $400 a month and stick it in savings. Then, at the end of the year withdrawl it. You can then pretend its a tax return. This is the same concept, only you will have earned interest on it.

Defknotzero

Established Member
you want that much at the end of the year? Its simple, take $400 a month and stick it in savings. Then, at the end of the year withdrawl it. You can then pretend its a tax return. This is the same concept, only you will have earned interest on it.

Well, that is kind of what I do right now. I take the money I need for bills up front and then throw the remainder in savings.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
-$1256......I need to start having some illegitimate kids. Uncle Sam has dug deep into my pockets this year.

hahahaha.

I just mailed a check for $1242 last week.

Though I have a customer that made around 10K last year. Has 3 kids and its getting just over 7K back.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
hahahaha.

I just mailed a check for $1242 last week.

Though I have a customer that made around 10K last year. Has 3 kids and its getting just over 7K back.

how can he get 7k back if he only made 10k? if he only made 10k then he probably only paid in around 2k toward taxes, so how could he get 7k back?

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Before deductions it was around $200, so I feel I planned it pretty well. After student loan interest, mortgage interest, and property tax, it went up to 900 and change.

Users who are viewing this thread