Tax Refund - How much you getting back?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
how can he get 7k back if he only made 10k? if he only made 10k then he probably only paid in around 2k toward taxes, so how could he get 7k back?

He has 3 kids along with the EIC. I saw the paperwork from Liberty Taxes.

I almost died.

Coiled03

Established Member
Hopefully as little as possible without having to pay. I don't groove on giving the government interest free money.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
i got back around 1300

would have been 2100 but i couldnt claim the soon to be x wife.....

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
We got our State refund back Saturday, only took 3 days which was $940 and we are getting around $3200 from Federal. Bought a new car this year, donations plus the 2 kids and the house we were able to pull a little bit back. Probably would have been more but we got bumped to a higher bracket this year.

yellowbra

Established Member
Me and the wife are getting back around $2,600.00 or so. It was almost $2,200 because our second mortgage interest came in late and I kinda forgot about it. Lucky they called me to say my taxes were done and when I looked in the mail that day I saw the interest I paid out to the second mortgage. So he had to add that in and I got an extra $400 or so.

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
hahahaha.

I just mailed a check for $1242 last week.

Though I have a customer that made around 10K last year. Has 3 kids and its getting just over 7K back.

I'm trying to figure out how to break even. I dont care to get anything back if I can just not owe anything at the same time.

xenodragon

Established Member
This year wont be much, but next year...bought a house and having a kid. $6,500 2nd time home buy tax credit as well as kid = good refund i guess.

07TorchRedGT

Established Member
Bought our first new house three years ago and had a baby this year. My wife found out that congress passed a bill that allows first time home buyers to claim the $8,000 credit up to the last 3 years. Went from $1200 to $9200.
Were pretty happy about it!

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I briefly heard about being able to claim pets at some point in time. Anyone have a clue about this?

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Last year I owed 3,300.. this year thanks to the 8k home credit I should see somewhere around 13k..

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
A little over $3,500.

The bullshit going on with the homebuyer credit makes me sick. I bought when it was a $7,500 interest free loan. Now they're giving everyone and their brother cash if they bought within the last couple of years, absolutely free no strings attached. And yet I and so many other people that took the plunge the first time around have to pay it back still. Really unfair, imo..

oldmodman

Established Member
I file Schedule C quarterly.

And I pay them as little as I can get away with without triggering an underpayment penalty.

So I will have to pay them another $30,000.00 for a appx total of federal, state, and local of 71K

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
about $1800. my ex (Noahs mom)got about $5k for him, i let her claim him even though he's with me more. my wife is getting good chunk tho for our daughter yay! prolly nothing cool tho, she wants a new couch...yay

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
$11,500 here. I bought a house and got married last year. Will pay off some debt (~$3500k)... then put the rest towards a car... hopefully a cobra... damnit.

Users who are viewing this thread