Teens Watch and Laugh As Man Drowns - No Charges

jmsa540

Established Member
ssj, I expect an LEO to be cognizant of the decisions he makes during those times and that an LEO makes the proper command decision within a moments notice. Think about what you're asking me.

Think about what you're saying here, to scale a cliff with no protective gear wouldn't be the best idea; that's why you have game wardens. And if you are assigned as that patrol area, then I'm pretty confident that you'll be equipped with the proper gear in the first place due to the austere environment that you're working out of.

What assumptions am I making? My intent on the first comment was that you have to look at it from both sides; but I guess my impact came off differently? Didn't you say that you "don't see how first responders would have gotten there in time"? I'm telling you, CPR actually works. Have you ever done CPR?

Also, what does the "build/physical" strengths of the teens have to do with the incident who are "behind the camera"? Are you inferring to the possibility that they could be a threat to an LEO once he/she arrives on scene?

Are you referring to life experiences perhaps from your career that you've learned from day-to-day on the job experience?

jmsa540

Established Member
Yes the words coming out of these teens mouths are horrendous, yes not calling 911 was a stupid decision. But neither of those things would have changed the outcome. If I were a parent to one of those teens and they jumped in to rescue that guy and also lost their life, idk what the **** I would do. But as it stands I would be thankful to tear into my child's ass for being an asshole.

I agree that what the teens were doing and saying was horrendous. However, I have faith that the individual could've been revived IF and ONLY IF there was a proper response time from first responders.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Animals have no sense of morales or common sense or doing the right thing. These animals live in a jungle where the rules are survival of the fittest and unfortunately he didnt make the cut.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Common sense needs to come in play here. I've swam with gators around, but, and a huge but, you need to be cognizant of when, and what you do. Pretty easy from the keyboard to say stuff. I honestly didn't read this whole thing. Just giving you my point of view. No way in hell a Leo in full gear is going in. I loved the point above, easier in a pool that a lake, ocean. Not trained, both die.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Why not? There could've been a patrol canvassing that possible neighborhood for witnesses due to a crime that happened a few days prior? Radio traffic knows no bounds.

On a side note, individual might have been dealing with suicidal ideations at a minimum. From the looks of the video, maybe even gestures.

Even if an officer was in the immediate area. Drowning with someone struggling like that takes seconds, not minutes. Brain death in 5 or less minutes. The time it would take an officer to get his car there, gear off, swim the considerable distance to him, then swim back to shore with him to perform cpr, it's too late. I am sure an officer would have done all those things and emts would have tried as well, likely pumped him full of epinephrine too, but the outcome would have still been death. Time is of the essence, especially in those water temps.

jmsa540

Established Member
Even if an officer was in the immediate area. Drowning with someone struggling like that takes seconds, not minutes. Brain death in 5 or less minutes. The time it would take an officer to get his car there, gear off, swim the considerable distance to him, then swim back to shore with him to perform cpr, it's too late. I am sure an officer would have done all those things and emts would have tried as well, likely pumped him full of epinephrine too, but the outcome would have still been death. Time is of the essence, especially in those water temps.
Very professional response, thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That's fine, that's what the forums are for; for us, as adults to speak maturely.
My oldest has been a paramedic, now lieutenant with the local department for 15 years, and is even on the FD marine side. I wish he could tell you, not by yourself you can't do that. I hear the stories...

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Don't give these animals credit for putting a thought together that they couldn't swim or might drown or be drowned or eaten by a croc... If that was a concern of theirs they would have said so in the video. I'm assuming they didn't say that because I don't care to watch someone die, especially under these circumstances. They didn't show any concern, compassion, urgency, or decency, and that makes them horrible people who will be useless piles of crap for their entire lives.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Not to shit on the deceased, but the guy who drowned didn't exactly look like a productive member of society either.... Looks like the typical gang banger we have here on the Southside of Chicago. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. It seems both parties involved look and sound like complete trash who the world would be better without. Here is the deceased's past mugshot.

467dfe15bb6c91fabaf95e86d3457b4c

have to admit. i would have tossed the guy an anvil. and if i didnt have one, id quickly run to the local ACME supply store and get one. maybe even paint it red to look like a life preserver.

j/k of course. i definitely wouldnt try to jump in and save him though. as mentioned, that's just going to result in two drownings. i wouldnt be laughing or taunting though. even if it was my worst enemy. id be frantically trying to call 911.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
The teens cannot be charged with any crime regarding them not helping the man or calling for help. However, the police, who initially said there would likely be no charges files, have now formally filed charges of not reporting a death in this case. By law, if you witness a death you must report it to authorities. These teens mocked the man (it was reported on Fox News that he was disabled), watch him drown/die, and then post the video on social media. To post the video on social media like it was some sort of comedy or to solicit attention is beyond sick. WAY beyond sick! o_O

hmm...i wonder if this law is common in other states. kind of funny that you have ZERO duty to render aid but you are required to report it. but hey, im glad, these dipshits deserve it. just for being oxygen wasting assholes.

jmsa540

Established Member
CPR, in the vast majority of occasions, prolongs death. True statement. And yes, I've done CPR...many, many times.

Sent from my LGLS990 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Are you trying to say that doing CPR on someone makes them worse off and makes the body have a higher chance of dying or staying dead? (if theyre doing it to a deceased person at the time)?

I'm aware performing CPR can cause the sternum to break along with other complications.

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
Are you trying to say that doing CPR on someone makes them worse off and makes the body have a higher chance of dying or staying dead? (if theyre doing it to a deceased person at the time)?

I'm aware performing CPR can cause the sternum to break along with other complications.

No, he means that it rarely works. Can't remember the percentage but its extremely low.

Users who are viewing this thread