Teksid guys

Emwun Garand

Established Member
What differences do I need to be aware of when swapping a 98 Teksid block into the car? Just trying to get an idea of what additional parts I'm going to need or might have to remove.

Jcobra03

import reaper
Established Member
There is one hole on the 03 cobra timing cover you won't use and there is some grinding in the valley to make the lower intake fit .

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
Also you need to use the water nipple that presses into the block behind the water pump from 03/04.

itSSlow98

Established Member
There is one hole on the 03 cobra timing cover you won't use and there is some grinding in the valley to make the lower intake fit .

Also you need to use the water nipple that presses into the block behind the water pump from 03/04.

Possibly primary chain guide pins.

All of this ^^^

I trimmed down the coolant tube in the valley and just used a piece of 3/8" hose I believe with worm clamps to make it fit.

You need two of the screw in chain tensioner guide pins from ford. I dont remember the part number but I ordered from tousley and the desrciption in my email says "PIN 8MM SCREW ".....they were freaking expensive at $18 a pc for a damn screw an inch long.

My car is turboed so Im not sure about valley modifications.

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
20140119_140148_zpsf5f2713c.jpg
And upgrade the timing chain guide dowls.....I snapped the chicken shit ford m6 bolt guide and almost costed me my motor .....a must!!!!

IMG_20140109_101622_zps12504e49.jpg

Last edited:

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
+1 ^^ I did these and I believe they are a must too. Everything fits on the teksid as the same as the iron block with exception of the one front cover bolt. No big deal. Also the coolant bung in valley from the 03 will need to be put in the teksid. Also no 10mm boss on driver side motor mount for a J&S Vampire bolt. :-/. I just got my new engine back with a teksid block.

Alex

Last edited:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Timing Cover hole (RTV will work and not leak)

Upgrade dowels

Grind down knock sensor bosses in the valley if using a Twin screw or 03/04 style lower.

Users who are viewing this thread