Temp(How hot is the engine actually getting?)

Anabolic

Banned
How hot is the engine actually getting? mine's not overheating but when you touch the supercharger for example after a nice easy ride it could probably burn your hand holding it there long enough, the fluid circulates when you jump the IC relay
fluid levels are fine also fan kicks on fine ect everything looks fine. Just gets hot.. s everyone elses like that? i know these things get HOT..

edit: I hear the innercooler pump kick on when i jump, also like i said the fluid circulates, I just don't know why it would get so hot to the touch.

Last edited:

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
Whipple? Mine gets warm , but never gets that hot. Are you still utilizing a stock SC coolant reservoir?

Anabolic

Banned
Yeah i'm only running 11psi of boost too. I have longtubes & everything though, it's the stock IC tank.
also mine's a gen 1. not sure if that matters..
But aslong as the fluid circulates the pump is working right?

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
The temp you are feeling on the blower is the radiant heat from the engine. Your hands could be more sensitive than others. Exactly what temp is it at?

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
I'm running stock manifolds and 19lbs of boost. The bigger coolant tanks help with this issue. Also, do you still have the hood banquet ?

Anabolic

Banned
I don't have a laser digital reader. & not to sound like a weiner but I have worker hands lol
the supercharger is NOT as hot as the crossover tube, and the coolant temp gauge (not like it's accurate reads half)

SVTDice

Established Member
Honestly, You may want to find out what your real coolant temp's are. You may be running hot and you may not even know it. For instance, My coolant temp's could be 172F. And the needle hasnt even moved.

My latest mod that I've been extremly happy with is the Reische thermostat. Its a worthy upgrade and makes your whole system run cooler.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
mine is the same

intercooler coolant can stay cold with the killer chiller .. and the engine coolant stays around 172 with the 170* stat (aeroforce reading)

but my 2.3 whipple still gets very warm to the touch as well even not boosting it

just how it goes .. i dont feel as if anything is wrong .. the car still pulls very hard and no sound issues:shrug:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
My whipple gets hot as hell too. I noticed even just cruising around. I got curious on Saturday and grabbed the IR temp gun and the Whipple was around 225 F over most the body of it.

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
This is funny because I touched my whipple today and It burned the shit out of me:( left minor marks.....don't remember getting that hot before the last stoc motor:(.....

SlowSVT

Established Member
Racebronco got it right. Most of the heat is absorbed from the engine when not boosting excessively. Where else would it come from?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Venom Cooler Needed.

Entire blower is hot not just front gear snout. Pretty sure it's just engine heat soak when cruising. I'll have to pull over one day and take temp readings after hammering on it with some highway driving and see if its cooler, same, or hotter.

Anabolic

Banned
thats guys! that's what mines doing!, was alittle worried it's not normal. But new problem arose with this and i just caught on.. The car's hesitating under light accel when the ar gets up to optimal temperature after 10 minutes or so.

I hear everything working again, no overheating (according to this gauge)
Will change out guage sending unit..

What would cause it to feel almost like there's bubbles in my gas (if you get what im saying)
Like you give it light accel to hold 65mph and it stumbles on it's face. Besides that it's fine. plugs are ok gapped at 32 br7efs.

Anabolic

Banned
I mean the mods have to play in effect right? Headers For sure increased temps (blower's still in stock configuration & I dont even get into the 11psi)
I have the CAI aswell so I don't have to worry about serge from the radiator like other JLT models. This might just be time for cooling mods, anyone know the best place/price for the Reische thermostat for the 03'04s?
Or could it be the COPS Taking a crap, they're OE.

edit: how do the nascar guys keep their cars cool at 9500rpm lol

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
My first thought is the tune with regards to the light hesitation you mention. However if it always drove fine and just suddenly started happening I'd put in fresh plugs gapped down accordingly and check for vacuum leaks.

Anabolic

Banned
alright, the br7efs i have were actually cooler than the motor when i pulled them out lol they were gapped to .32 & only 2k miles or so old. vaccum is 22in/

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
Not sure what most are talking about in this thread. This is 100% normal. My polished whipple could fry an egg after a decent little cruise. My IC is working perfectly and just had a fresh flush done.

These motors run hot and the blowers are known to be very hot. In the summer I can see a lot of heat escaping from my TF vents.

Don't be alarmed unless the car pulls weak or something sounds/feels wrong.

I don't even put my hand on my blower until it has sat for a good couple of hours.

Users who are viewing this thread