termi double din install

HELLRAZR209

Established Member
was hoping that you guys could point me in the direction of what i would need for my double din install,

looking to buy a 6 or 7 inch.

what would i need, and is there any cutting involved?

03 cobra

Bigggy

Established Member
Go on the cructhfield.com site you will have the exact list of stuff you need, that's what I did for mine.

slseals

Established Member
Umm, you're in one of the terminator forums, what do you think that could mean :thumbsup:

I take it you don't have a double-din currently... I just replaced my changer with a double-din pioneer dvd/cd. It was fairly easy, but I already had a double-din. When I was researching my install, it seems like I saw some info on cutting out a metal piece when going from a single to double, but that was a while back.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
The stock head unit is a double din. There shouldn't be any cutting involved to install an aftermarket double din.

Zemedici

Established Member
No cutting required for double din install.

B5534926-8DCA-4F27-8A80-486583F292CC_zpssd6l8m85.jpg

If you buy from crutchfield or sonicelectronix they should come with the harness required to install w/ the dash kit as well.

Looking back I wish I would have gone with a 5.9" with buttons on the side. I HATE how I cant feel the buttons on this one, so I always hit the source button instead of volume or next.

HELLRAZR209

Established Member
No cutting required for double din install.

B5534926-8DCA-4F27-8A80-486583F292CC_zpssd6l8m85.jpg

If you buy from crutchfield or sonicelectronix they should come with the harness required to install w/ the dash kit as well.

Looking back I wish I would have gone with a 5.9" with buttons on the side. I HATE how I cant feel the buttons on this one, so I always hit the source button instead of volume or next.

Does it matter what size the screen?

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
I had a single din kenwood and put in a double din over winter. No modifications were needed. I got it as a kit from crutchfield, came with the mount and all the wiring and everything. I always get my stereos through crutchfield because they give you everything you need free.

HELLRAZR209

Established Member
I had a single din kenwood and put in a double din over winter. No modifications were needed. I got it as a kit from crutchfield, came with the mount and all the wiring and everything. I always get my stereos through crutchfield because they give you everything you need free.

Thanks for the help everyone

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
that shits pimp zemedici! i would love one, to afraid some asshat would break in. how much that set you back?

Zemedici

Established Member
Does it matter what size the screen?

Nah most are 5.9"or 7". The 5.9s have buttons on the side normally and the 7s are 100% touch screen. In my experience the 7s are clearer but a bit laggier.

that shits pimp zemedici! i would love one, to afraid some asshat would break in. how much that set you back?

They're not too bad, can get a touch screen without nav for about $300 or so nowadays. I used to install audio equipment on the side so I do all the installs myself. And my girl works at best buy, I may be upgrading soon so if you're interested I'll give ya a good deal on this one :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread