Terminator Auto Insurance

Sick SVT

Established Member
Hagerty here also 700$ a year $35,000. Agreed value,you just need a garage & DD that's newer than cobra

X2. I pay $500 a year. No restrictions on where you can drive but they do limit the miles per year. Have to show proof of another daily driver car and a garage to store it. I have 25k of stated value.

redrocket16

Established Member
Not sure if its been mentioned, but if you are still on your parents insurance you cannot get Haggerty. They have some restrictions that you must meet before you qualify.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've used American family since I was 16. But I switched my cobra ins over to grundy. What's very important as these cars get older and older, is having an agreed value. That's where collector car insurance shines in my opinion. I was paying nearly 90 dollars a month with American family, without a agreed value. Now with grundy I pay around 360 a year with almost 24k in agreed value! Break it down that's around 30 dollars a month.

And Grundy doesn't have a mileage limit like others do.

03SVTscott

Established Member
X2. I pay $500 a year. No restrictions on where you can drive but they do limit the miles per year. Have to show proof of another daily driver car and a garage to store it. I have 25k of stated value.

X3 on Haggerty too. I pay less than $500 a year for 20k in coverage.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
X3 on Haggerty too. I pay less than $500 a year for 20k in coverage.

What's your age? Like I stated above, I pay 350 a year for 24k of coverage. You haggerty guys should check out grundy worldwide.

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
I have Hagerty...love it. Plus you can get collector car reg with it...and not have to pass inspection here in NJ. Which is a bitch compared to some other states. Right now mine still passes and is good till 2016. But this mod season I am deleting egr and all that other shit...so I will do the collector car reg. But you are only allowed like 3000 miles per year. Which is fine for me.

I'm looking into Hagerty and making some phone calls. How exactly does the the collector car Reg. Work? In MD, inspection is pretty tight but emissions sucks. I doubt we can get out of that but it's worth a shot as I'm installing headers but I'm looking at the emissions crap knowing how much I don't want to put it back on.

slow_mach

Established Member
I'm 20, insurance through AllState. I pay $355 for full coverage....a month. Under my parents. Lol.

I'm listed as the only driver on the car, though. Which would be why. Only have two speeding tickets (4years old) and one wreck that wasn't my fault.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I'm going to give Haggerty and Grundy a call. I currently have Geico but I have minimum coverage since my car is just sitting in garage until spring. Hopefully ill be able to save some cash!!

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I just went with Grundy in December. $545.00 a year for full coverage 0 deduct and guaranteed value of $32,000.00 that's including the 95 Lincoln I have with it. I have had Liberty Mutual since new and the rates went up steadily until they were just way over priced. Since I only put on less than 600 miles a year on the car it isn't worth it. AND what car would have Liberty Mutual purchased for me had my Cobra been totaled that was 1 year newer. NONE!!!!

deremer71

Established Member
Dam, seeing all these low rates makes me want to look around. I dont have a termi but an 01 bullitt instead and I'm paying almost $300 a month for full coverage through progressive

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I'm going to check Barret but I got a nice quote from Grundy and will probably move my Cobra and 5.0 to them a lot cheaper than State Farm with agreed value.

Entrenched

Established Member
I had Haggerty but just recently switched to Grundy.

Grundy was cheaper, didn't have mileage restrictions, and didn't care how much power my car made. Haggerty threatened to drop me when I did my yearly updated and let them know I was building my car to make 800+ rwhp.

Avispa

Established Member
Most of the classic insurance carriers deal with cars 25 years old and older. We're not there (at least not yet).

I can recommend GEICO without reservation. I totaled two of these cars in May/June 2011 :uh oh: and betting against myself, they renewed me in September. It didn't hurt that I'd been a multi-car customer of theirs for a few years, but they paid the claims no questions asked. Hope my penalty rates will be dropped in my September renewal; it's been 3 clean, claim free years now.

ctgreddy

Established Member
I wish the collector car places were a little more forgiving. Both grundy and hagerty denied me because I want to drive my car more than 5k miles a season and keep the car in a storage unit. Maybe I'll have to check into the barrett jackson place see what they offer. Right now I have auto owners, it's 100 a month for me right now having plpd on my beater and just comprehensive on the cobra, summer months with full coverage it jumps to 300.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I wish the collector car places were a little more forgiving. Both grundy and hagerty denied me because I want to drive my car more than 5k miles a season and keep the car in a storage unit. Maybe I'll have to check into the barrett jackson place see what they offer. Right now I have auto owners, it's 100 a month for me right now having plpd on my beater and just comprehensive on the cobra, summer months with full coverage it jumps to 300.

I'm guessing grundy denied you not because of the mileage, but because where you want to store your car is separate from where you live. I basically just had to send them a picture of my actual garage that the car would be staying in.

On another note, I like that every year so far without asking, grundy has increased my agreed value of the car. Normally 500-700 dollar range each year. Soon once I buy another blower I will increase the value even more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread