Terminator Auto Insurance

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I understand that part. But what will state farm give you if your cobra is a total loss?

Hmmm maybe I will have to call them and speak with a rep grocery stores and malls and such I can live without taking it there but I really do like driving to work now and then and we have survelience cameras do not know if that would help :shrug:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hmmm maybe I will have to call them and speak with a rep grocery stores and malls and such I can live without taking it there but I really do like driving to work now and then and we have survelience cameras do not know if that would help :shrug:

Yeah It's really hard to say. Obviously we need gas, so we have to go to gas station's. I get the idea they don't like the vehicles being unattended for quite some time.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
What if your car is your daily, but you still drive less than 5k per year? Lol, just did the math, bought my 2v in 2011 and since then I averaged 4,333 miles a year.

brandon_s0854

Established Member

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting. I found the article that this was in response to, but not this one. After reading both of them, I believe that coverage isn't an issue as long as you understand how to communicate why you were using the vehicle at the time when making a claim.

I think so too. My response will always be, leisure driving!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the grundy person I talked to, I was not comfortable with them at all in regards to what would and wouldnt be covered. Im not interested in trying to stretch the truth on claim so I went with Hagerty.

You can have unlimited miles with Hagerty, they asked for an annual estimate but I am NOT held to it (my uncles both have cars with them and have never been asked for mileage updates or anything). Hagerty doesnt care if you take it to work now and then, run to the store etc...

T's03 - thats not gonna work, the policies all require proof of a DD and there are guidelines for what they accept as a DD. You also have to show your insurance policy and usually they want to see that you have rental car coverage so they know your collector car isnt going to be the DD if something happens to your main car

in short, I would read their policy and restrictions VERY carefully and decide what you're comfortable with. The Hagerty policy cost me more than I was paying with Geico but if anything happens to my car Ill get 50k, not 12.

Last edited:

gamebred26

Established Member
I look at it this way. This type of insurance is a way to get passed inspection and pay a low premium.

If you think you are going to file a claim for anything more than it being stolen or a simple fender bender ...good luck.

I don't expect that. I know if I wreck my car at the track or ****ing around I am beat.

Users who are viewing this thread