Terminator Auto Insurance

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Wanted to bump this up. I dropped Geico on the Cobra and picked up Grundy Worldwide. I'm paying 423/year, way cheaper than Geico. They have no annual mileage restrictions, 0 deductible, can add all the power adders you want. Thanks to everyone who suggested Grundy!!

brandon_s0854

Established Member
Does anyone know if these collector car insurance companies will cover aftermarket parts in the case of a vehicle NOT being totaled? I live in Michigan in an area with a ton of deer. If I smuck one hard enough, my FMIC, piping, and supercharger could be totally destroyed. That kind of gives me nightmares. lol. Anyway I can insure this stuff?

weaselp1

Established Member
Does anyone know if these collector car insurance companies will cover aftermarket parts in the case of a vehicle NOT being totaled? I live in Michigan in an area with a ton of deer. If I smuck one hard enough, my FMIC, piping, and supercharger could be totally destroyed. That kind of gives me nightmares. lol. Anyway I can insure this stuff?

that is a good question - i am currently in the process of getting a quote from grundy now ....500 a year for 30k agreed value...before i pay i will read the policy to see. I assume it does, but assumptions can be dangerous :)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
36. Ill check it out. Thanks.

Sorry so late! 34 today! And I just got my renewal. Agreed value is now 24k and for 12 months I pay 370.00! That's 30.83 a month! I may contact them though and see if I can go up to 28k, as I plan on adding a tvs blower.

brandon_s0854

Established Member
that is a good question - i am currently in the process of getting a quote from grundy now ....500 a year for 30k agreed value...before i pay i will read the policy to see. I assume it does, but assumptions can be dangerous :)

Thanks weasel. I am very interested to know this!

weaselp1

Established Member
Thanks weasel. I am very interested to know this!

my collision deductible is 500 through grundy..that means they will cover what it takes to get it back to what you had previous to the deer or whatever happens to your car.
When you apply, you must send a pic of the car in....I sent many pics of the engine and all of the mods i have done so there is no dispute as to what i had.

hope this helps :)

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Does anyone know that has Grundy if your restricted on were you can drive the vehicle? Like if it's a nice day and I want to drive it to work or run earands in it etc.

03cobraracer

Established Member
I have USAA right now (military) and I pay $250 a month for the cobra, my wife's Audi a4, my mercury mountaineer, and her BMW 520i. 2 cars are here in Germany and 2 are in the states. Audi and cobra are on storage insurance right now though. Once I leave here the BMW will be sold and I may look into Grundy for the cobra and compare with usaa.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Does anyone know that has Grundy if your restricted on were you can drive the vehicle? Like if it's a nice day and I want to drive it to work or run earands in it etc.

When I talked to a grundy agent they told me it can't be used for running errands or going to work. Solely used for a hobby. I'm not sure how they can prove it, I suppose if you got into an accident leaving the post office parking lot?

I told them I only use mine on nice days for spirited driving and cruising. The agent said that's fine. You also need prove that it's left in a garage and that you have a primary vehicle.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Good info guys! Anyone know if Hagerty and Barrett are the same in regards to limitations?

Hagerty has mileage limits, not sure about Barrett.

Side note: I just got off the phone with grundy to see if I could increase my agreed value from 24k to 28k. Cost is 66.00 dollars more a year. Which brings it to 426.00 dollars a year, which translates to 35.50 a month! So I did it!

brandon_s0854

Established Member
When I talked to a grundy agent they told me it can't be used for running errands or going to work. Solely used for a hobby. I'm not sure how they can prove it, I suppose if you got into an accident leaving the post office parking lot?

Yeah, I don't get that either. You're telling me people don't use grocery store parking lots to turn around? I do that all the time when I'm just joy riding around town. Maybe if you were trying to make a claim that a grocery cart got knocked in to your car. But even then, maybe you were out going for a ride in a friends car? Seems kind of ridiculous.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, I don't get that either. You're telling me people don't use grocery store parking lots to turn around? I do that all the time when I'm just joy riding around town. Maybe if you were trying to make a claim that a grocery cart got knocked in to your car. But even then, maybe you were out going for a ride in a friends car? Seems kind of ridiculous.

Yeah even when I talked to the agent, he said "well your not suppose too". But from the way he was talking, it seems that it would be kind of hard in some cases for them to prove anything. The cost is usually lower with these companies I think because we take a lot of pride in are vehicles and are more cautious.

03SVTscott

Established Member

I told them I only use mine on nice days for spirited driving and cruising. The agent said that's fine. You also need prove that it's left in a garage and that you have a primary vehicle.

Just got an estimated quote today from their website. $350 for 20k. My currently policy is up in May. I'll probably switch to Grundy. Oh and I don't drive mine to work or to run errands either :)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Just got an estimated quote today from their website. $350 for 20k. My currently policy is up in May. I'll probably switch to Grundy. Oh and I don't drive mine to work or to run errands either :)

Nice! I think this is the 3rd year I've had insurance with them. And every year when they sent out my renewal, the price went up just a little bit, but they would add 500-700 dollars towards the agreed value without asking! Works for me!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I pay about $80 a month with State Farm for the Cobra with Grundy I could get alot better rate for my Cobra and Fox but I like driving it to work on nice days here and there and would hate if somthing did happen.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I pay about $80 a month with State Farm for the Cobra with Grundy I could get alot better rate for my Cobra and Fox but I like driving it to work on nice days here and there and would hate if somthing did happen.

I understand that part. But what will state farm give you if your cobra is a total loss?

Woody6799

Established Member
I went American Collectors... just be sure to ask for their definition of "pleasure cruise" bc if you get hit in a parking lot while you stop at wal mart you are not covered...

brandon_s0854

Established Member
It almost seems like the only way to be 100% covered is to use standard daily driver insurance and add custom parts value to the policy. I think most places will insure up to $30,000 in custom parts; for a price ofcourse.

Users who are viewing this thread