Terminator Buildup on Horsepower TV

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Re: ....

Originally posted by silvercoffin
...WASNT ANYoNE ELSE DISTURBED BY THE WARNING about the potential for problems in our cars?

...So from what I understand...this means since my car isnt exhibiting any tapping sounds (i dont think) they wont replace the heads?
You've been a member of this forum since June '02 and that TV show is the first time you've heard about the infamous "tick" problem?? :shrug:

There's a TSB for those engines that exhibit the problem (and not all Cobras have the problem). Nobody gets a new head until Ford looks at your car and authorizes it on a case-by-case basis. If you haven't heard the noise by now, you most likely don't have it. If you'd like to see the actual TSB, let me know and I'll send it to you.

And based on your mods and ET, you theoretically don't have any warranty left, anyway. :-D

-Greg

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
One thing I don't get about Ford's Head Replacement is either the head has a problem or it doesn't. What's this some cars do some don't deal. Are the tolerances 1/2 inch or something?

All may not hear a noise, but all heads have a problem! Period!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Blue Poison
I agree.....those two guys had things half a$$ backwards. All Cobra guys do intake and exhaust first!!
Exactly. I've yet to meet anyone who has done a pulley and chip with their stock intake and exhaust.

SALEEN039

Established Member
Originally posted by Craig99SVT
Did you have the hypertech programmer on your car when you did the burnout???? :D :D :D

NO, I had a Amazon chip, they didnt care, they just wanted a car for taping footage......

Emil

Established Member
I guess CAI and catback are ok but will have to check for pinging/detonation???????

Does anyone know if you can adjust things like timing and a/f ratio with the Hypertech? If it did ping I would just drop the timing 2 deg.

Jahel'98COBRA

Established Member
Considering that the OEM intake and catback were not replaced by aftermarket components, 427 at the wheels is a pretty decent number. With a drop in K&N airfilter, one should have 440 rwHP for about $650. Not too bad if you enjoy driving a quiet sleeper.

Users who are viewing this thread