Terminator Future Value Opinions

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Just something else worth mentioning. Depending on how long ago it was when you owned your last fox and how good your memory is :), you need to realize these cars are now 30 years old riding on a 44 year old chassis. Even a good one will still have issues and drive like crap.

But since you have 2 Terminators, definitely keep the coupe, and go for the fox. One thing is for sure, you won't loose money on either one. #YOLO
I bought my 89GT in August of 1991. It was my DD until 2000. In 2000 I bought a 1998 GT that became my DD. November of 2002 was the last time I drove my Fox Body or any Fox Body.

I get what you're saying, but I'm very well versed in old cars. I have a 57 T-Bird and a rebuilt 1965 Mustang. Neither one of them are as smooth as my Terminator's, but they are fun to drive occasionally.

And if I'm ever able to get another Fox it would just be a toy/weekend driver. I enjoyed my Fox Body very much. I bought it while I was stationed in Germany and used to drive it on the autobahn. I don't remember it being a bad drive or ride. I understand it will not be as smooth as newer cars, but I think it would still be a blast to own one again.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I couldn’t ruin a perfectly good car either. If it’s broke, sure…otherwise, find a broken one and use it.

A Termi swapped fox would be fun. I just hate the fox interior. I like my new edges I guess.

The only other mustang I really want is a 13-14 Coyote.

I rode in my 89GT as my DD for 9 years. Guess I got used to the interior. When the 94 Mustangs came out I hated them. I had to seriously modify my 98 to really like it LOL.

When they refined the body in 99 I thought it was OK. Then when the Roush's and Cobra's came out that's when I liked the New edges.

I love the 13 and 14 Shelby's, but they are to rich for my blood right now. Would rather use that money to buy a Fox Body LOL.....

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
i've always liked jay leno's advice on buying collectible cars. something like, "never buy one as an investment to try to make money. buy it because you like it and enjoy it"

edit: here's an article

Thank you. I do understand that reasoning. To be honest if an 03 vert and 89 Fox Body were sitting side by side, although I would appreciate both, I would gravitate to the 89 every time.

I've owned a Fox from 1991 to 2002. I have owned a Terminator since 2007 to present. So, I have owned a Terminator longer, but feel a stronger connection to the Fox. Maybe it's because I learned things on my Fox and actually wrenched on it. I have done very little wrenching on my Cobra.

Or maybe it's simply because I have a Cobra, but do not have a Fox Body LOL... I guess we covet what we do not have..... My wife ALWAYS tells me I'm not grateful enough for what I have and worry too much about what I do not have. I can see that....... My glass is always half empty..... Not the best of attitudes, I know.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Thank you. I do understand that reasoning. To be honest if an 03 vert and 89 Fox Body were sitting side by side, although I would appreciate both, I would gravitate to the 89 every time.

I've owned a Fox from 1991 to 2002. I have owned a Terminator since 2007 to present. So, I have owned a Terminator longer, but feel a stronger connection to the Fox. Maybe it's because I learned things on my Fox and actually wrenched on it. I have done very little wrenching on my Cobra.

Or maybe it's simply because I have a Cobra, but do not have a Fox Body LOL... I guess we covet what we do not have..... My wife ALWAYS tells me I'm not grateful enough for what I have and worry too much about what I do not have. I can see that....... My glass is always half empty..... Not the best of attitudes, I know.
Have you considered moving to a coyote swapped fox on MM suspension? I feel like that would be be a perfect blend of new and old.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Have you considered moving to a coyote swapped fox on MM suspension? I feel like that would be be a perfect blend of new and old.
No, to be honest I have not given a lot of thought to what level of Fox to buy. I've been leaning towards a VERY nice factory set up Fox. I have looked at Terminator swapped Fox's, but they are out of my price range. I'm assuming any other modified Fox would be higher than I'm willing to go as well. So, I'm "assuming" a coyote swapped Fox would be above my budget.

The Fox Bodies I have really like were around $50K. I think my budget is just under $30K. Which is why I'm trying to trade my 03 Vert for one. I'm guessing I might be able to get just below $30K for my 03 Vert and then it would almost be an even trade. Not sure that's viable, but I just started looking in to that option as of last week.

So, if I'm able to get a Fox Body one day I would probably prefer a factory model and then possibly rebuild it to my desire. Similar to what I did with my 65.

LS WUT

Established Member
LOL, as most of you have eluded too.....nostalgia. I had a Fox Body and, for me, it was the one that got away because I was stupid.

I seen the Black and Gold 380R on the showroom floor and thought of the old Shelby Hurst cars. So, in order to afford the 380R I had to trade in my 89GT. NEVER should have done that. Been kicking myself ever since.

I don't necessarily have the money or space to just outright buy another Fox Body. So, something has to go and I picked the vert as I have a coupe. So, just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Maybe that's my ticket. Keep building model Cobra's and it will fund my desire to get back into a Fox body LOL. I have a ton of GMP Fox Bodies sitting in a plexiglass case in my garage. It's not scratching the itch.

So, occasionally I go looking for Fox Bodies. It's fun, but not sure how much of a reality I could actually make it. Not yet anyway. Maybe in a few years when prices are even worse than they are now and it will cost me more to make it happen LMAO!!!
Of course, well I said it’s about nostalgia. That’s why I always say it will be more expensive for nostalgia. I sold my Redfire cobra and sure enough I bought another cobra about a month later. I regretted it.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Of course, well I said it’s about nostalgia. That’s why I always say it will be more expensive for nostalgia. I sold my Redfire cobra and sure enough I bought another cobra about a month later. I regretted it.
Yep, me exactly. Just took me a little longer to realize the mistake I made.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
My wife ALWAYS tells me I'm not grateful enough for what I have and worry too much about what I do not have. I can see that....... My glass is always half empty..... Not the best of attitudes, I know.
same here bro. To our defense. The world sucks. People think men can be women, kids should be sexualized at the age 3, and men should be able to be romantically involved with children. Yeah…I wonder why I’m crabby and ungrateful all the time. World has gone batsh*t crazy within 15 years….

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
You answered your question sir. You want a foxbody, so selling the Cobra is a done deal. I’d say let her go and move onto the future car for yourself.
I suppose it would seem that way. But, my question was which will be worth more in the future?

I do realize I want the Fox more than I want the Terminator Vert. But, I'm willing to stick it out with the Terminator if it's the wiser option financially (I'm happy with the Terminator. Doesn't bother me owning 2).

I know there is no magical answer to that question and no one can predict the future. Which is why I asked you guys to see your points of view here.

HPLouis

Established Member
The Fox Bodies I have really like were around $50K. I think my budget is just under $30K. Which is why I'm trying to trade my 03 Vert for one. I'm guessing I might be able to get just below $30K for my 03 Vert and then it would almost be an even trade. Not sure that's viable, but I just started looking in to that option as of last week.
There are Foxes out there for $50K!? Are you talking about 93 Cobra and R's with low miles? Wow....

LS WUT

Established Member
I suppose it would seem that way. But, my question was which will be worth more in the future?

I do realize I want the Fox more than I want the Terminator Vert. But, I'm willing to stick it out with the Terminator if it's the wiser option financially (I'm happy with the Terminator. Doesn't bother me owning 2).

I know there is no magical answer to that question and no one can predict the future. Which is why I asked you guys to see your points of view here.
In my personal opinion, I’d say 03/04 cobras will be worth more. Notch mustangs aren’t rare, or limited production. You mention value, all original ones might be worth more due to sentimental value and such. However Terminators were only made 2 years not 79-93.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
There are Foxes out there for $50K!? Are you talking about 93 Cobra and R's with low miles? Wow....
WOW. I don't recall ever seeing a $50k fox outside of a Cobra or Cobra R.

Hello Henry and 5.0 Hatch. I'm not saying they sold for that much and I'm not saying a factory Fox went for that much. However, the modified ones that I like and have seen are being sold for that price.

I was watching one that they were asking right at $50K. Here is one I'm currently watching and it is right at $50K. As I mentioned I have a very unique taste for Fox Bodies LOL.

This is a GT they are asking $47K for.

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
In my personal opinion, I’d say 03/04 cobras will be worth more. Notch mustangs aren’t rare, or limited production. You mention value, all original ones might be worth more due to sentimental value and such. However Terminators were only made 2 years not 79-93.
I think I'm inclined to agree with you. Cobra's are just as rare a sight where I live as Fox Bodies are. I'm sure as time goes by Cobras will become even more rare.

robvas

Established Member
It's vert...barely worth anything right now so I don't think they will go up. Coupe is worth $10k more same shape, miles, mods.

Heck i had a nice 97 Cobra vert and bought my 03 vert for not much more.

Users who are viewing this thread