Terminator or Boss?

Termi8441

Established Member
Hey guys my name is Andy and I'm new to the site. I just wanted to get some input input from you. I am a former owner of an 03 zinc yellow cobra that was my baby for years. We had our fun and I decided that I wanted to trade for something a little bit newer and just to try something different. I ended up selling her in hopes to get a 2012 or 2013 Boss. The problem is that 1) I've been having sellers remorse and missing it like crazy 2) that I've been hearing that Boss owners have many times had issues with their cars and sold them because of the hassle. I just want to know if you guys have heard the same things and if I should go back to the termi or get the Boss

mhinchley

Established Member
I recently bought my 03 Cobra and I could have bought a newer Mustang (boss) if I chose to, but I dig the terminators. Go with what YOU want.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I have to admit I like the Boss, but it does seem that people are ending up not happy with them, at least some people. Any consideration to an 07-08 GT500 if you want to try something different and stay around the same range

SVT_Troy

Established Member
what issues are people having with the Boss's? I haven't heard of anything.....

cj428mach

Established Member
I think if you're meant to be a terminator owner you don't even need to ask this question. If you're considering something else after owning one, then they're just not for you.

Phantom

El Jeffe 302
Established Member
I've owned 2 Cobra's and currently have a 13 Boss. No remorse. No issues either.

mrose75

Established Member
I think the only thing I would get out of my Cobra for would be a Boss or '13-14 GT500...."IF" I ever decided to get out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

itSSlow98

Established Member
If I had the choice id hands down go for the boss. Then again if I was spending that kind of money id get a c6z without a doubt.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
If I had the choice id hands down go for the boss. Then again if I was spending that kind of money id get a c6z without a doubt.

As much as I love Mustangs I would probably agree with this statment, if the same money would buy either car.

YuGneLrn2Day

Established Member
I'd go Terminator, but I'm biased...lol But on a serious note mod for mod a Cobra will make more power and your're already starting off with a forged longblock, low compression for boost, and SC

itSSlow98

Established Member
I'd go Terminator, but I'm biased...lol But on a serious note mod for mod a Cobra will make more power and your're already starting off with a forged longblock, low compression for boost, and SC

Boos shortblocks are forged as well and will hands down blow a cobra out of the water with boost.

YuGneLrn2Day

Established Member
Boos shortblocks are forged as well and will hands down blow a cobra out of the water with boost.

I was thought they didn't come with forged pistons. Guess I'm wrong, but 2013 Boss 302 mustang cost an average of $17-20K+ more then a Cobra, so put that in perspective and Cobra will leave a Boss 302 like it's standing still.

sc4.6

Established Member
I would go with a 2012 Boss. The only issue I have heard of with the Boss is that they can be hard to shift at times but this is apparently an easy and cheap fix.

Keep in mind that since you started this thread in the Terminator section you might find the post a bit biased towards the Cobra. Take a Boss for a test drive, if you haven't already, and go from there.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
I think if you're meant to be a terminator owner you don't even need to ask this question. If you're considering something else after owning one, then they're just not for you.

:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Remember that some have had issues with the '03-'04 Cobra, too, so you're not guaranteed a perfect car either way. If you prefer a Boss, go with a Boss. If a Terminator, go that route. The Boss is going to be a much better car all around, but the price of entry is higher, too. The only issue with the Boss that I've heard of is the transmission, and that is with a percentage, not ever one. If it were me, I'd lean towards the Boss. But only you can decide what's best for YOU. I wish you the best with your decision.

Termi8441

Established Member
Well thanks for all the input guys! I think what I'll do first is test drive a boss to get a feel for it against the cobra and go from there

Users who are viewing this thread