Terminator or Boss?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
it seems like this is comparing apples to oranges. two TOTALLY different cars, in every aspect.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Agreed, go boss, enjoy your memories with the 03 for just that, these new body's are so refined and nice to drive and they respond extremely well to mods, get a. Boss

SlowSVT

Established Member
Get the Boss

After a few months of driving that you will look at every Terminator with "longing" :cryying:

CallMeWonder

Established Member
people have covered the bases well with pros and cons but in the end you could have the best car in the world and if you dont like it it doesnt matter :shrug:

ctgreddy

Established Member
get a boss, buy the t56 swap kit from d&d, and enjoy it. I love the new 5.0 engines and would love to own a boss. If I could afford one I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

First mod you should do is a custom plate that reads "LIKE A"

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Hey guys my name is Andy and I'm new to the site. I just wanted to get some input input from you. I am a former owner of an 03 zinc yellow cobra that was my baby for years. We had our fun and I decided that I wanted to trade for something a little bit newer and just to try something different. I ended up selling her in hopes to get a 2012 or 2013 Boss. The problem is that 1) I've been having sellers remorse and missing it like crazy 2) that I've been hearing that Boss owners have many times had issues with their cars and sold them because of the hassle. I just want to know if you guys have heard the same things and if I should go back to the termi or get the Boss

The Boss IS SICK! I don't know too much detail about the car, or haven't heard to many issues, but with every car there are some. No way around that. That's completely your decision. I know your probably looking for some advice, but you'll get people saying one or the other. I own a 04 Black Terminator. Wouldn't sell it for a Boss or a Shelby. Period. They're becoming harder and harder to find in really good shape and babied.

I have seen threads after threads posted on here about sellers remorse about this particular car, for whatever reason it's hard to part with it. Probably because it's just a great car. In 10+ years I think the Ex-Terminator owners will look back and say wow I really shouldn't of sold it.

JMO

Do what you want!

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
The minute I got rid of my 03 Whipple Cobra for a 2013 GT I had HUGE regret... I had the 2013 for less than a month before I went back to another 03. Don't get me wrong, the 2013 road like a Cadillac but it wasn't for me.. I loved the raw power and all the quirks that the 03-04 Cobras have. Cobras are not for everyone.. If you want a more refined mustang go with the Boss, it you want a raw machine with HIGH potential at half the cost and a whole hell of allot cheaper to make big power go with the Cobra. Drive a 600+ WHP Cobra and then drive a Boss, your decision will be real easy. Either car is a good choice! Good luck with your decision.

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
If its going to be a daily driver get the Boss, if its just a weekend cruiser/Toy get the Cobra

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Go for the Boss, theres only 5 or 6 rolling around town here. :thumbsup:

They are really nice though. best of luck with your decision. :beer:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Go for the Boss, theres only 5 or 6 rolling around town here. :thumbsup:

They are really nice though. best of luck with your decision. :beer:

Har hear, there's over 10 of your cars rolling around in my town, not to mention the others near by. Buy a 03/04 cobra they said, you never see them they said.

getTwisted

Established Member
Har hear, there's over 10 of your cars rolling around in my town, not to mention the others near by. Buy a 03/04 cobra they said, you never see them they said.

:poke: good thing we don't live in each others towns. lol

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
In the 32 months I've had my Boss, I put about 500 miles on the Terminator (both were KB cars)
Sold the Terminator yesterday and although I was a little sad to see it go (because I've owned it for almost 12 years) I have no regrets.

The Boss is a bad ass car and the trans issue is easily remedied with a T-56 swap.

You posted this in the Terminator forum so of course replies are going to be biased. Speaking as an owner of both cars in modified form, there really isn't a comparison.

getTwisted

Established Member
Like said above, once he test drives one, I think it will be all over for the Terminator.

Users who are viewing this thread