Terminator VS 2010 SS Camaro

saleen523

Established Member
Me 2 on the clutch slipping sound. Sounded just like it. good kill bro

Thanks guys.
Now I'm worried about my clutch. After driving it around today, I think you guys are right on the clutch slipping. Guess i better get prepared to dish out some cash on a clutch.:cuss:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
When my belt slipped, it wouldn't see over 5psi when i gunned it. But now with my clutch slipping, i can see more boost but if it's slipping, you can still see max boost, it'll just be revving high and not putting the power to the wheels.
And Nice Kill!!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
And the Termi is light?
The new SS is just as fast as the Cobra all-motor...IMO thats impressive.

Nice runs.
The Cobra is a 4.6 vs 6.2 :poke: These things are stupid anyways, you cant compare two different engines. But the SS is a pig just like the new Mustangs are compared to their previous Gen.

99kblightning

Established Member
The Cobra is a 4.6 vs 6.2 :poke: These things are stupid anyways, you cant compare two different engines. But the SS is a pig just like the new Mustangs are compared to their previous Gen.

that there is a ricer quote!!!I could say ford needed 4 valves,and a blower to make any power.
ok first off your not getting beltslip with a 3.1 pulley.
second the camaro was right with you for 3 gears,did he lift,traffic?
third was the camaro an auto or a stick? makes a big difference.
forth your all putting down a bone stock camaro,that was pritty even with a pullied cobra with exhaust,cold air etc
put headers and a cam in that camaro and your termi with get bitchslapped allday!!!!!

MGC

Established Member
that there is a ricer quote!!!I could say ford needed 4 valves,and a blower to make any power.
forth your all putting down a bone stock camaro,that was pritty even with a pullied cobra with exhaust,cold air etc
put headers and a cam in that camaro and your termi with get bitchslapped allday!!!!!

I'll disregard the motor comment.

1. you CAN get belt slip with a 3.1 pulley, but I heard wheel hop and clutch slippage.

2. I saw no traffic at all :shrug: it was clear the cobra was pulling on it

3 . "Chevy's Camaro SS outfitted with the 422-hp 6.2-liter LS3 V8 six-speed manual hits 60 mph in 4.9 seconds and runs a 13.4-second quarter-mile at 108 mph according to Oppenheiser. Strangely enough, Oppenheiser also claims that the automatic-equipped SS Camaro, which is rated at 400 hp, runs from zero to 60 mph in just 4.6 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 13.3 seconds. "We optimized the shift points," he said."
http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/camaro/2010/2010-chevy-camaro-ss-0-60-in-46-seconds.html
It's actually not that big of a difference.

4. What if what if.... what if the cobra's clutch wasn't slipping and it didn't have wheelhop :poke:

Last edited:

kokanecowboy22

Established Member

Whats the diffrence? where the mustang needs a blower and valves a camaro needs alot more displacement and a few extra liters.
And the camaro was stick as well and the cobra had an extra passenger.
You can also argue the price comparison to getting headers and a cam (a few thousand dollars) compared to getting a smaller pullie and raping camaros all day.

Last edited:

T1000MaCh1

Blown
Established Member

Use spell check buddy.:loser:

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
we are talking about a 3.1 pulley. Isnt stock 3.55? Most "pullied" cobras are 2.76 or 2.93, huge difference in my opinion. As far as the ss goes, I dont like the looks but I love the motor.

saleen523

Established Member

Ford needs 4 valves and a blower. So does that mean you're 16 valves and 2 cams short of power? Thanks for diagnosing the belt slip on a video. Can you also tell me if my tune is off? I didn't see any traffic. Did you? 3 gears? Did you watch the same video I did? And I wasn't putting down anybody pal. I posted a vid and the results put down the camaro. Yea that was a "pritty" pullied cobra.:lol:

mebetter

Established Member
Whats the diffrence? where the mustang needs a blower and valves a camaro needs alot more displacement and a few extra liters.
And the camaro was stick as well and the cobra had an extra passenger.
You can also argue the price comparison to getting headers and a cam (a few thousand dollars) compared to getting a smaller pullie and raping camaros all day.

If that's not redundant I don't know what is. Cam only camaro can make 420+ to the wheels, and a cam is only 300 bucks new. This is a pushrod motor it only needs one unlike 4v motors. You can make all the excuses you want to about passengers, displacement, belt slip, and clutch slip; but the bottom line is it's run what you brung. The camaro may have not got the W but it got the moral victory imho for keeping up with a pullied cobra in a stock ride.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread