Terminator VS 2010 SS Camaro

T1000MaCh1

Blown
Established Member
If that's not redundant I don't know what is. Cam only camaro can make 420+ to the wheels, and a cam is only 300 bucks new. This is a pushrod motor it only needs one unlike 4v motors. You can make all the excuses you want to about passengers, displacement, belt slip, and clutch slip; but the bottom line is it's run what you brung. The camaro may have not got the W but it got the moral victory imho for keeping up with a pullied cobra in a stock ride.

If you listen closely, the camaro got the hit like 2 seconds before the cobra. The cobra had traction issues at first and then pulled hard as soon as he was able to grab traction. I didn't see where he kept up. It seems like the everybody is making excuses for the camaro. The camaro got his ass handed to him. Period.

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
i've seen people slap some drag radials on stock cobras and pull 12.30s all day. haven't seen any camaros doing it yet. not knocking on the camaros at all. i think they're pretty sweet but everyone saying the cobra won because its pullied is full of BS.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
great kill....love seeing a Chebby get dusted

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I love how the chevy defenders jump on this cobra with F/I that beats a camaro but dont touch the camaro that lost to the n.a cobra thread!

kokanecowboy22

Established Member
If that's not redundant I don't know what is. Cam only camaro can make 420+ to the wheels, and a cam is only 300 bucks new. This is a pushrod motor it only needs one unlike 4v motors. You can make all the excuses you want to about passengers, displacement, belt slip, and clutch slip; but the bottom line is it's run what you brung. The camaro may have not got the W but it got the moral victory imho for keeping up with a pullied cobra in a stock ride.

We must be watching different videos my friend. All I saw was a one sided ass whooping. Where do you get "keeping up" from? That termi grabbed traction and was gone.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
we are talking about a 3.1 pulley. Isnt stock 3.55? Most "pullied" cobras are 2.76 or 2.93, huge difference in my opinion. As far as the ss goes, I dont like the looks but I love the motor.

stock is a 3.65 pulley i beleive. And I do not understand going to the trouble of getting a tune and not at least get a 2.93 or smaller.

I would take a 01 or 02 ss over a new one any day.

saleen523

Established Member
stock is a 3.65 pulley i beleive. And I do not understand going to the trouble of getting a tune and not at least get a 2.93 or smaller.

I would take a 01 or 02 ss over a new one any day.

Because a 3.1 and my elevation doesn't need a tune. It levels out really nice and you just need to pull some timing with a handheld. I do have a 2.9 pulley now but I didn't want to mod the cobra too much. What for when I have a twin turbo Mach 1 pushing 25#'s of boost with meth. :poke:

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Dang, without that clutch slipping you would have squashed him soooooooo much worse... Camaro would be crying.

When my clutch was slipping bad, a brand new BMW M3 was taunting me over and over until I eased into the power, but I couldn't do squat from the slippage. He ate me alive. I was so pissed. I hope I see him again someday...

Anyway good kill.

kokanecowboy22

Established Member
Camaro shamaro!! this is an Svt/ Ford forum. What r dudes owning Grand nationals and c6 vette's doing here? Haters I tell you! Don't you guys have your own fourms? Were here to talk about blowers and lots of valves, not cams ( or lack there of) and 6.2 L v8's!!! Go home!

saleen523

Established Member
Camaro shamaro!! this is an Svt/ Ford forum. What r dudes owning Grand nationals and c6 vette's doing here? Haters I tell you! Don't you guys have your own fourms? Were here to talk about blowers and lots of valves, not cams ( or lack there of) and 6.2 L v8's!!! Go home!

:lol:

S8ER01Z

Established Member

? I hope that was a joke..otherwise this should be interesting.:nonono:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
? I hope that was a joke..otherwise this should be interesting.:nonono:

Have you ever noticed though how they Brand X guys come over here and start ragging on the SVT brethern. We still let them stay here because Everyone is included here no matter what you drive. Its the love of sports cars that keeps everyone here. But if you go over to a GM site and start ragging on them......BAN !!! You're out of there. Thats why I don't venture out to but a few other sites because everyone here seems willing to help ANYONE out and not degrade them for what they drive.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Because a 3.1 and my elevation doesn't need a tune. It levels out really nice and you just need to pull some timing with a handheld. I do have a 2.9 pulley now but I didn't want to mod the cobra too much. What for when I have a twin turbo Mach 1 pushing 25#'s of boost with meth. :poke:

Well if you have a mach 1 with that many mods i am guessing you arent struggling for money. And if you already have a handheld it would have only cost you like 400~ bucks to get a tune and a 2.93 or smaller. I wasnt hating or anything i was just wondering. Seems like a lot of trouble to me to change the pulley and belt (i think you have to change the belt or get an idler) for that little of gain but I guess i understand now :beer:

Now tell us about the mach 1 :) or better yet a video!

Users who are viewing this thread