TerminatorCobraJP's 700WHP Cobra Build

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
Finally getting closer to being time to put this Mcleod in. I have the Mcleod RXT, Lethal steel flywheel, 26 spline input shaft, Mcleod TOB, TOB retainer sleeve, and adjustable pivot ball. As of right now the plan is to reuse everything else. I've been hearing that the Mcleod pivot ball needs to be cut/shortened to allow for proper adjustment and that the Mcleod pressure plates need sent off to a machine shop to be balanced though, anyone know more about this?

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
I got a JLT High Boost Intake, I tried installing my SCT3000 MAF in it but it doesn't sit flush against the intake. Typical me, I also managed to break the MAF sensor trying to get it installed. I don't know if it'll need replaced entirely now or if it will still work in its condition.

Edit: I figured out what I did wrong. I should take the time to actually read instructions. I would say lesson learned but I'd probably be lying.

20240303_185937.jpeg

Last edited:

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
I know I have not been updating this thread a whole lot but I have been ordering a lot of parts. I didn't think I'd really be able to start getting many parts till much later this year but I've been working 72 hour weeks for a couple of months now and I have nearly everything I need. Only things I can think of that I still need to get are a laptop, fuel system, and a few tools to be able to do everything at home. That should not take me long at all to get. I'm thinking this car might be ready for tuning some time this summer, really depends on how long installs take me. Just a few years ago I was in high school with nothing and this was all just a dream, so excited for it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The air needs to flow over the sensor a certain way. I don't know if those missing pieces are going to cause turbulence or anything. You could always try, but be prepared to replace it.

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Anybody running one of the Lethal fuel systems with the new Division X hat? If so, how do you like it? Pros/cons? Looks like a really nice setup.

I started with the budget kit years ago with the old style hat. Overall not a bad setup but I recommend not using the division x regulator. Had issues with mine out of the box. Go with a fore regulator.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Anybody running one of the Lethal fuel systems with the new Division X hat? If so, how do you like it? Pros/cons? Looks like a really nice setup.

I run a Div X hat, fuel filter and rails. I went with custom lines and a magnafuel regulator because I wanted to mount and run the lines how I wanted. I have no complaints about the stuff at all.

My buddy has the full lethal kit in his car. Again, no issues. Just limited on regulator and line placement. We are both making over 800 on corn without issues.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I haven't installed the Lethal stuff personally, but have a couple buddies that have. I'm not a fan of the pre-made lines. Even with the Fore kits I had to order a couple extra fittings to run it how I wanted though.

I think if I do another install I'll use the Fore hat and regulator then figure out how I want to run everything and order the lines and fittings separately.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
Made some good progress today. Went ahead and pulled out the Eaton and the lower intake manifold. I was surprised it actually went really smoothly. When pulling the lower intake manifold however, the little vacuum line that runs under the manifold got torn so I'm going to need to replace that but other than that I didn't really have any trouble. Fuel system should arrive tomorrow, although, I'll be at work for the next few days.
20240404_190229.jpeg

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
If you're talking about the bottom PCV port just plug it. Less headache down the road.
I honestly don't know what it is, I'll add a picture of the hose I'm talking about. The fuse for my PCV was missing when I got the car so I don't know if it's even functional or not. Why plug it?
Screenshot_20240404_203219_YouTube.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread