Tesla Plaid goes 216mph unrestricted

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Doubtful. Government will start to regulate range over performance. And don’t think there won’t be some type of tax to compensate for unnecessary performance and the related charging.
I'm sure it's only a matter of time. They are already having to charge a road tax because they can't get it from gasoline (which has taxes for that) And they should tax them, they are using the roads too.
i guess u silver spoon guys have a crystal globe and are on the "right" side of history... lol... lets hope u are wrong....
Silver Spoon? I guess working 80+ hours a week for your whole life = silver spoon. SMDH

Besides not making any noise (assuming you meant exh noise).

1. Does not require any effort by owner to build, so means NOTHING.
2. Does not require any effort or driving skill to launch.
3. Does not yaw somewhat, kind of scaring you a bit, even up through 80 MPH.
4. Does not chirp tires between shifts.
5. Does not have turbo whistle or blower whine.
6. Does not have any intake noises.
7. Engine RPM does not rise up through the gears.

If all you care about is the easiest max speed, to get to comfortably and with zero effort, mission accomplished. But my Fusion Sport with a tune kills virtually every muscle car ever built. Guess how much people care about a Fusion Sport. It's invisible at any car show, just like every EV.

Part of the hobby is the excitement and cool factor you get when something
does something you did not expect. So EV's have peaked already, great. But from here on out, anything less than 7's, is just boring from a conversation standpoint.

I'll also add, I've never lost an "acceleration" with my Fusion on the street, because I've never had a true "acceleration" with it. Even when I expect some "competition" with a higher end BMW (lets say), I don't get any action.

The fusion does 0-30 in 1.72s, same as a tested 2018 model 3 perf (of course it gets killed to 60). Across an intersection, is all I need and then it's virtually all single lane roads. If the driving public starts going faster than that on a regular basis (they won't), maybe I'll have to up my game.

But even then, street "accelerating" has no rules. I can deep stage by an entire car length and watch the lights change in the other direction. NO ONE else on the street will think to do that.
I almost fell out my chair reading this. I have built and shared my builds on here for years. Can you build a fully built Twin Turbo, Built 6R80 and tune yourself a Coyote in your garage with no help that makes over 1,000 RWHP? I have. Big deal, been there, done that. Yawn.

I was also the first to convert E85 over to the 03-04 Cobra's when everyone else thought it would "Ruin the engine" Ha Ha. Guess what, it's still running perfectly 14 years later on E85 making 714/680.

I have driven Fox Body cars that run mid 7's in the 1/4 @ 186 MPH, so I fully understand what fast cars are. Been working on them since the mid 1980's.

I currently have a Gen5 Viper with ported heads, cam and full exhaust that makes 745/664 It will still get shit on by a soccer mom in a Plaid. The same will go for your "Race Car Fusion" LMAO

Let's face it, technology evolves. It's coming weather you like it or not. The train has already left the station with just about every OEM, and they are not going to turn back at this point.

As much as I don't like it, it's changing. Imagine spending most of your life building hot rods to go faster on the street, only to see technology pass you by. It's sad in a way, but I keep my mind open and try to learn every day.

Cheers

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Couldn’t have said it better ^

I spent years modding foxes—I did 6 of them with at least heads and full bolt ons, etc. bought my ‘04 cobra and it was much faster right out of the box.

Modded the cobra all the way to big blower/solid rear/auto and then bought a c6z. The z was effortless, right out of the box.

Modded the z and had it running 10’s. Bought a gtr, and it could run 10’s right off the showroom floor.

Put bolt ons in the gtr and was going low 10’s. Bought the plaid, and it’s an order of magnitude faster with zero drama, stock generic plastic wheel covers and all.

Each car is arguably better engineered than the previous one. And the gtr and Tesla are a little less connected with the driver—because drivers aren’t as good at shifting, determining perfect wheel spin at launch, etc. i fully understand the argument behind the enjoyment of driving, shifting, hearing the engine, and being connected with the machine—you’re just not going to be as fast, which is fine.

I do agree that some type of regulation will be a reality in these cars, once they become widespread. Picture how fast the new hummer goes, and the fact it weighs over 9000 lbs. imagine the damage that thing can do. The way these cars accelerate, I’m finding it’s so easy to get up to 40-50mph, that other cars will pull out in front of you, not expecting a car to silently be going 40+ mph in a little over a second.

Last edited:

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
I'm sure it's only a matter of time. They are already having to charge a road tax because they can't get it from gasoline (which has taxes for that) And they should tax them, they are using the roads too.

Silver Spoon? I guess working 80+ hours a week for your whole life = silver spoon. SMDH

I almost fell out my chair reading this. I have built and shared my builds on here for years. Can you build a fully built Twin Turbo, Built 6R80 and tune yourself a Coyote in your garage with no help that makes over 1,000 RWHP? I have. Big deal, been there, done that. Yawn.

I was also the first to convert E85 over to the 03-04 Cobra's when everyone else thought it would "Ruin the engine" Ha Ha. Guess what, it's still running perfectly 14 years later on E85 making 714/680.

I have driven Fox Body cars that run mid 7's in the 1/4 @ 186 MPH, so I fully understand what fast cars are. Been working on them since the mid 1980's.

I currently have a Gen5 Viper with ported heads, cam and full exhaust that makes 745/664 It will still get shit on by a soccer mom in a Plaid. The same will go for your "Race Car Fusion" LMAO

Let's face it, technology evolves. It's coming weather you like it or not. The train has already left the station with just about every OEM, and they are not going to turn back at this point.

As much as I don't like it, it's changing. Imagine spending most of your life building hot rods to go faster on the street, only to see technology pass you by. It's sad in a way, but I keep my mind open and try to learn every day.

Cheers

1,width=650,height=650,appearanceId=1,version=1565758892.jpg

dan1982

Established Member
dont forget LIAR... 80 hour workweeks.. yeah ok.. i work in a state of emergency for NYS and we are forced into double shifts almost everyday that we are schedulked to work,,, and if u work 16 hours a day.. and drive home and then budget for showering/eating and driving BACK to work... it leaves 3 1/2 hours to sleep... the only reason we have been REALLY forced into doing this is because there is a state of emergency with prison homocides at all time high and no staff..... its been hell and would kill us if if goes on much longer... this guy wants us to believe that he had been doing it for a lifetime.... liar. its not possible.... not for an extended period of time. the lack of sleep starts to killl u. the environment brutalizes you... everyone is tense and irritible... its unnatural.

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
dont forget LIAR... 80 hour workweeks.. yeah ok.. i work in a state of emergency for NYS and we are forced into double shifts almost everyday that we are schedulked to work,,, and if u work 16 hours a day.. and drive home and then budget for showering/eating and driving BACK to work... it leaves 3 1/2 hours to sleep... the only reason we have been REALLY forced into doing this is because there is a state of emergency with prison homocides at all time high and no staff..... its been hell and would kill us if if goes on much longer... this guy wants us to believe that he had been doing it for a lifetime.... liar. its not possible.... not for an extended period of time. the lack of sleep starts to killl u. the environment brutalizes you... everyone is tense and irritible... its unnatural.
Speak for yourself. When I was in training, I worked minimum of 80 hours a week for 5 years straight. Pulled plenty of sleepless 30 hour shifts.

Quit nit picking and whining about silver spoon, and what you might be able to handle in terms of work stress, etc. you sound like the bitch you’re accusing others to be.

OX1

Established Member

Cheers

So you completely understand my point, but then dismiss it. OK!!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
So you completely understand my point, but then dismiss it. OK!!
You’re not wrong. All your points are valid. If you care about all the emotion involved with driving, the electric car will surely disappoint.

You could argue that every single automotive innovation (power brakes, steering, a/c, abs, traction control, cruise control, gps, etc) robs the driver of a small part of the connection to the machine. Electric cars are simply a big leap forward in terms of losing that connection.

As boring as you claim your fusion to be, if that exact car existed in the ‘60’s that could destroy 90% of conventional contemporary muscle cars, guarantee people would buy it.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

I’m gonna step in here for one sentence. Pay attention who you’re quoting and do a little research on the man y’all quoted. Idiots!

dan1982

Established Member
Speak for yourself. When I was in training, I worked minimum of 80 hours a week for 5 years straight. Pulled plenty of sleepless 30 hour shifts.

Quit nit picking and whining about silver spoon, and what you might be able to handle in terms of work stress, etc. you sound like the bitch you’re accusing others to be.
post a single time card... and sleepless 30 hour shifts???? ure saying u worked a 30 hour shift? i didnt know that was legal.... unless u owned a business and are ytrying to bullshit people about staying awake for 2 fdays.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
post a single time card... and sleepless 30 hour shifts???? ure saying u worked a 30 hour shift? i didnt know that was legal.... unless u owned a business and are ytrying to bullshit people about staying awake for 2 fdays.

Well you’re obviously clueless.

What do you use to run your vehicles? Fuel?

Never heard of the oil and gas industry? I’ve done a 96 hour shift becuase we were trapped due to snow. And trucks couldn’t get to use to relieve us in North Dakota. Oil companies aren’t going to shut down fracking just because of snow on a mountain.

Done PLENTY of 30-40 hour shifts, on a Flowback site, or when there a 150 barrel crude oil spill that turned a well site into a lake.

Tell me you’re clueless about people working without saying you’re clueless

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Seriously? Lol at you calling people soft and not realizing when I said I averaged roughly 80 hours a week for 5 years, there were plenty of weeks I crushed out 100-120 hours. Ever hear of the health care field?

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Seriously? Lol at you calling people soft and not realizing when I said I averaged roughly 80 hours a week for 5 years, there were plenty of weeks I crushed out 100-120 hours. Ever hear of the health care field?
I'm going to make an assumption here, which is funny....just wait. Are those who are saying that 80hr weeks don't exist also assuming that people only work 5 days a week? I have never personally met 04Sleeper, but I have met Kirk. I know what he does for a living and what it takes to get to where he is now. I'll let him explain. Not my place.
I will say that 04Sleeper has never come across as a dick on here. Hell, he has been helpful to 100s of people out in the open on here. I'd guess it's 1000s in reality. That doesn't mean he is right or wrong, but I do listen as he has experience in the field of cars. Both in his own and 100s of others who have gotten his help.
I think the issue here, my assumption, is that we don't like the cars and HATE that it outperforms EVERYTHING else from the factory in terms of acceleration. The old built or bought discussion.
As well as it being ****ing ugly.

dan1982

Established Member
assuming u worked 7 days a week... thats 17 hours a day. everyday... budget an hour for driving/ showering/ another 1/2 hour to wakep up and commute back to work. 1/2 hour to eat something after work.... thats 20 hours out of a 24 hour day... maybe u sleep 3 hours... can i see a time card? i just wanna see 17 hour shifts 5 days in a row.... thats against the law in many states.... requiring an 8 hour rest in between shifts. i have worked 80 hour weeks before.... forced 16 hour shifts for 5 days in a row..... in a state of emergency. THEN the brass tries to catch ya sleeping on the job at night... its soooo hot on these prison blocks its insane... it feels like the inside of a used condom. This is double what i should be making...................
61280669_2454286931277837_6805385928303968256_n.png

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
assuming u worked 7 days a week... thats 17 hours a day. everyday... budget an hour for driving/ showering/ another 1/2 hour to wakep up and commute back to work. 1/2 hour to eat something after work.... thats 20 hours out of a 24 hour day... maybe u sleep 3 hours... can i see a time card? i just wanna see 17 hour shifts 5 days in a row.... thats against the law in many states.... requiring an 8 hour rest in between shifts. i have worked 80 hour weeks before.... forced 16 hour shifts for 5 days in a row..... in a state of emergency. THEN the brass tries to catch ya sleeping on the job at night... its soooo hot on these prison blocks its insane... it feels like the inside of a used condom. This is double what i should be making...................
61280669_2454286931277837_6805385928303968256_n.png
What an odd hill to die on.

FWIW, 7 days straight, and 80 hour weeks is a around 11.5 hour days, easily manageable.

I'm not sure why you are doubting a bunch of dudes who most likely started out blue collar or still are. My longest shift at a single job was 27 hours and 36 between 2 different jobs. I probably had a few dozen 24 hour days back when I was younger.

dan1982

Established Member
What an odd hill to die on.

FWIW, 7 days straight, and 80 hour weeks is a around 11.5 hour days, easily manageable.

I'm not sure why you are doubting a bunch of dudes who most likely started out blue collar or still are. My longest shift at a single job was 27 hours and 36 between 2 different jobs. I probably had a few dozen 24 hour days back when I was younger.
sooo... u worked 36 hours in a day.... got it. u call it "working" i guess but i doubt u punched any time card and reported for any duty.......... u couldnt even stay awake for 36 hours. gtfoh.... ill wait on a time card or a paycheck.... any time u find it... u por the other guy can post it up... a 36 hour workday is super impressive.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
sooo... u worked 36 hours in a day.... got it. u call it "working" i guess but i doubt u punched any time card and reported for any duty.......... u couldnt even stay awake for 36 hours. gtfoh.... ill wait on a time card or a paycheck.... any time u find it... u por the other guy can post it up... a 36 hour workday is super impressive.
Again, what an unusual hill to die on.

I remember the day pretty well. I was a broke 19 year old making $11 per hour so it was a really nice paycheck. I worked in maintenance and would fill in for management when needed. I got to work at 6am, proceeded to work until a blizzard hit at noon, went and drove a plow truck for 24 hours (which isn't exactly a long shift, big storms would come through and guys would frequently do 40 hours straight). I got a call on my way home that they needed a closing manager, so I went there and convinced another manager to come take over around 7pm.

And before you call BS on the plow truck thing, we were subcontracted workers for small trucks, so we didn't have any sort of legal regulation that the big trucks had/have.

This was almost 15 years ago, I don't have any paystubs from back then. My wife purged all of that stuff probably 4-5 years ago when she took over the filing cabinet.

dan1982

Established Member
Again, what an unusual hill to die on.

I remember the day pretty well. I was a broke 19 year old making $11 per hour so it was a really nice paycheck. I worked in maintenance and would fill in for management when needed. I got to work at 6am, proceeded to work until a blizzard hit at noon, went and drove a plow truck for 24 hours (which isn't exactly a long shift, big storms would come through and guys would frequently do 40 hours straight). I got a call on my way home that they needed a closing manager, so I went there and convinced another manager to come take over around 7pm.

And before you call BS on the plow truck thing, we were subcontracted workers for small trucks, so we didn't have any sort of legal regulation that the big trucks had/have.

This was almost 15 years ago, I don't have any paystubs from back then. My wife purged all of that stuff probably 4-5 years ago when she took over the filing cabinet. must have been 4 feet of snow
so from noon till noon THE NEXT day u plowed snow???? do u remember the date?? 4 feet of snow? if it snowed for almost 24 hours and u were at it that long... pretty crazy day... u probably remember the date right?? or the storm name. any of that stuff. The blizzard of 1978 only lasted 30 hours. In MICHIGAN they got 52 inches of snow. what YOU are descrfibing is a state of EMERGENCY.... as when i said i worked 5 double shifts in a row... hardly normal conditions. i just wanna know where and when this snow happened.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
so from noon till noon THE NEXT day u plowed snow???? do u remember the date?? 4 feet of snow? if it snowed for almost 24 hours and u were at it that long... pretty crazy day... u probably remember the date right?? or the storm name. any of that stuff. The blizzard of 1978 only lasted 30 hours. they got 52 inches of snow.
Hahaha.

That would be a great phone call with a regional manager of Home Depot/Kroger/Safeway.

"Well, it stopped snowing, guess I'll head out"

"Sounds good to me, are all 5-10 of the stores cleared of snow?"

"Oh absolutely not, they have like 20" of snow still, but a guy on the internet seems to think once it's done falling, it's not there anymore."

I'll save us both some time and not reply to whatever else you seem to come up with lol.

dan1982

Established Member
Well you’re obviously clueless.

What do you use to run your vehicles? Fuel?

Never heard of the oil and gas industry? I’ve done a 96 hour shift becuase we were trapped due to snow. And trucks couldn’t get to use to relieve us in North Dakota. Oil companies aren’t going to shut down fracking just because of snow on a mountain.

Done PLENTY of 30-40 hour shifts, on a Flowback site, or when there a 150 barrel crude oil spill that turned a well site into a lake.

Tell me you’re clueless about people working without saying you’re clueless
wow bro.... just wow... u didnt even fukin sleep for 96 hours . GODDAM... ure a beast. did u smoke crack back then also? is that how u stayed awake?

Users who are viewing this thread