Test drove 05 Saleen 281, news on the 06 Cobra

VOD

Established Member
I see quite a few 05's around in the bay area. At first i thought the retro look was horrible, but then i saw a GT driving around and it didnt look too bad. Definitly a head turner. I think ford could have done a lot better of a job with the new mustang. It looks so half-assed and so ugly. I think they should ditch the gay rims and the huge tires and fix those Rally style fog lights. I think if i bought an 05 GT id spend more money on after-market appearence mods rather than performance mods. :poke:

SGL

Banned
alfman9 said:
They spent a crap load designing that motor and they are going to use it. Ford doesnt care about screwing previous customers, just ask the 00R owners.

Yeah. Well don't tell that to a owner of an R. My various encounters with them have always come down to "you just don't understand......", "The R is the best thing since the bread slicer was invented.....". And on and on.

They get agitated fairly quickly too. I guess if I had spent 55k on a 25 year old design I would probably be on the defensive too.

fordification

Established Member
For anyone that dislikes the 05 styling, I guess you'd have to appreciate the classic Mustangs to justify the 05's, otherwise, you won't understand.

mustang-2.gif

Last edited:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
quadcammer said:
dealers know dick about new cars.
my dealer told me that there wasn't gonna be an 01 cobra

Not to mention whipple claimed they were the supplier for blowers on the next SVT over a year ago. What a waste of money for a Saleen. 3D had their 550hp whipple charged GT at SEMA, someone needs to run one at a track and get slips!

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
CalamiaCustomz said:
ok i for one dont beleave that anyone has driven a 05 saleen because you cant even test drive a 03 or 04 cobra without being preapproved to buy it first! second ANY dealership is not going to risk someone they dont even know wrecking a $51,000.00 car when they are only there spending $200.00 on and oil change and tune up! THIRD what would a brand new saleen be doing sitting at a dealership unless someone ordered it and therefor it would belong to someone else and they wouldnt let you drive it anyway! so stopblowing smoke up peoples ass! And finaly im with the guy above about the sales record because i have seen about 20 05's driving around and maybe 2 of them have been GT's and when i pass the lot theres about 20 more "V6's" sitting there! whats up with that???
Must be a dead dealer, we get batches of V6's in, they don't sit long. We get about 4-8 a week and usually have about 5 on the lot. Most of the 6's are the bland base ones they stick us with so we can get more GT's, anything nice with leather or the IUP lasts about one weekend just like any GT. I wouldnt knock the 6 though, its actually a decent car. Its just after Christmas and way before graduation so its not exactly prime time for them. We have about 20 6's and 4 GT's at 4 dealers right now combined, this time last year we had about 140 mustangs, all types in stock. We're pissed we cant GET more then 5 gts and 20 6's on the lot at one time. Who the hell wants to sell cars with 4 to choose from. We have 85 Explorers just at this dealer for comparason. Considering they are supposed to increase production by 30,000 units this MY from last year, with less rentals equalling about a 50k unit retail increase. You would THINK we would have at least 50 available to choose from, its gettin annoying to sell them with only a handfull here, the lack of choices is a pain in the ass. People act like dealers try to stock one of everything :shrug: with 4 dealers, 150 stangs 70 500s 60 freestyles, 300 explorers, 250 expeds, 200 foci and taurus, 40 vics, 500 f-150s and 300 superduty is what you want, at least.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread