Texaco "Cool Cars" commercial and our 1968 GT500KR

cali_kr

King of the Road
Established Member
I had rec'd an email from a local Bay Area film company looking for cars for a Texaco commercial titled "Cool Cars". In the email they said they wanted two Mopars, a Cobra and a Shelby Mustang. I emailed them pix of my 68KR, and they came back all lathered up, and said they had to have it!

The shoot was scheduled for this past June 4, out at the Byron Airport, in east Contra Costa County (just north of Tracy CA).

My call time was 9:30am, and was to be there until 8:30pm, as they wanted to get film in all the varying light.

It was a fascinating day, and the volume of equipment and people was staggering, quite a major deal (I was told the budget was $175k)....and then the camera car showed up...yeowzers (google: Pursuit Systems), the tech that was loaded onto the Porsche Cayenne was amazing. really cool stuff....

They also told me they would be digitally changing my car color to black...The Cobra was a Superformance car (which I got to drive), the Roadrunner was OK, as was the Challenger, and all three red cars look good onscreen.

They are to produce 3 ads, one 30 second TV spot, and two 15 second internet banner ads, and these will be ready sometime in July.

Here is the link to some pix I loaded into photobucket. Enjoy

http://s968.photobucket.com/user/cali_kr/library/Texaco commerical shoot June 4 2014?sort=4&page=1

In case you were wondering, yes I was compensated, and fed, very well I might add, on both counts...

Got the video link emailed to me this afternoon, and here it is.

Objectively speaking, I think it is very well done.

Watch it HD, and enjoy...

http://www.littlemovingpictures.com/TEXACO

Last edited:

Palmer

Established Member
That's awesome. I'm curious to know how much compensation for something like that is if you don't mind sharing? If you don't want to share I understand.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Awesome, you're a celebrity now!

Wish they would have kept the words off the screen so you can actually see the cars...

aarons71dodge

Established Member
I had rec'd an email from a local Bay Area film company looking for cars for a Texaco commercial titled "Cool Cars". In the email they said they wanted two Mopars, a Cobra and a Shelby Mustang. I emailed them pix of my 68KR, and they came back all lathered up, and said they had to have it!

The shoot was scheduled for this past June 4, out at the Byron Airport, in east Contra Costa County (just north of Tracy CA).

My call time was 9:30am, and was to be there until 8:30pm, as they wanted to get film in all the varying light.

It was a fascinating day, and the volume of equipment and people was staggering, quite a major deal (I was told the budget was $175k)....and then the camera car showed up...yeowzers (google: Pursuit Systems), the tech that was loaded onto the Porsche Cayenne was amazing. really cool stuff....

They also told me they would be digitally changing my car color to black...The Cobra was a Superformance car (which I got to drive), the Roadrunner was OK, the Challenger was poop...

They are to produce 3 ads, one 30 second TV spot, and two 15 second internet banner ads, and these will be ready sometime in July.

Here is the link to some pix I loaded into photobucket. Enjoy

http://s968.photobucket.com/user/cali_kr/library/Texaco commerical shoot June 4 2014?sort=4&page=1

In case you were wondering, yes I was compensated, and fed, very well I might add, on both counts...

Got the video link emailed to me this afternoon, and here it is.

Objectively speaking, I think it is very well done.

Watch it HD, and enjoy...

http://www.littlemovingpictures.com/TEXACO

Wow, your quite the cool guy, with your Mustang on film... Too bad you don't show your fellow car enthusiasts the same respect, and admiration, you seem to thrive on by posting this exact quote in here, and on Team Shelby.com..... http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/in...-cars-commercial-shoot-with-our-1968-gt500kr/
Huh, you actually cut and pasted the same response. Anyways, I am the owner of the Challenger, you keep referring to as "POOP" AND IT WOULD BE NICE, IF YOU DO ANY MORE POSTING, OF THIS TEXACO commercial. Please, stop referring to my car as poop. They spent alot more time filming my car, then they did yours. And you also sat with me at lunch, and acted like you where a decent guy. So, if you are, try showing us a little more respect...FYI, MOPARS RULE!

NELCO

Established Member
Totally Cool................................Awesome Car.................Great Pics................................

krman68

Established Member
Congrats. Awesome KR. It's great to be treated so well - I kind of know what you went through. I also have a KR and Ford has rented it 2x, once in 2003 when the 2005 stang was introduced in NYC and a second time when the GT500 was unveiled in NYC in 2005 at the auto show. Ford took care of me also, hotel, passes, met Carroll Shelby. Felt like a celebrity. html]
101_0179.jpg
[/URL]
101_0163.jpg

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Wow, your quite the cool guy, with your Mustang on film... Too bad you don't show your fellow car enthusiasts the same respect, and admiration, you seem to thrive on by posting this exact quote in here, and on Team Shelby.com..... http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/in...-cars-commercial-shoot-with-our-1968-gt500kr/
Huh, you actually cut and pasted the same response. Anyways, I am the owner of the Challenger, you keep referring to as "POOP" AND IT WOULD BE NICE, IF YOU DO ANY MORE POSTING, OF THIS TEXACO commercial. Please, stop referring to my car as poop. They spent alot more time filming my car, then they did yours. And you also sat with me at lunch, and acted like you where a decent guy. So, if you are, try showing us a little more respect...FYI, MOPARS RULE!

9982axt_zpse4joh3vg.jpg

You're probably the same type of person that gets butt hurt if you don't win a award at the local car show.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member

Just walk off with the knowledge that the OP is a retard and stop crying.

aarons71dodge

Established Member
Butt hurt??....Not at all. I am the most laid back guy you'd ever meet. Who cares? Well, I DO..You dont have to read this either... So, after they filmed my Challenger, with this KR Mustang, I been occassionally searching for anything regarding the Texaco photo shoot we did. And yesterday, I find links to two different websites, and a post in each one from this Mustang owner. For what ever reason, he refferred to my Challenger as poop. He makes it sound like the FORDS where badass, but the 2 Mopars where junk. In my opinion, he's not much of a car guy, to have such a narrow mind on what is cool. All of you, talk your trash, I just wanted to expose the truth here. Enough said...

aarons71dodge

Established Member
9982axt_zpse4joh3vg.jpg

You're probably the same type of person that gets butt hurt if you don't win a award at the local car show.

Yeah... Right. So, that must make you the millionth guy who drives a Mustang.... And gets Butt hurt every time a MOPAR spanks your cookie-cutter Stang.... Try driving a real car, one without onboard sensors, pcm, traction control, etc...Then, we will talk...

youlandher

Established Member
Yeah... Right. So, that must make you the millionth guy who drives a Mustang.... And gets Butt hurt every time a MOPAR spanks your cookie-cutter Stang.... Try driving a real car, one without onboard sensors, pcm, traction control, etc...Then, we will talk...

Welcome to SVTPerformance.

This isn't a MOPAR forum.

We can hate on whatever we want.

ESPECIALLY POOPY MOPAR JUNK.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Aarons71dodge you might wanna just drop it.... svtpeformance is a bit more cut throat then your average run of the mill car site. Now go run back to your slowcar.... I mean mopar forums where you belong.

Users who are viewing this thread