Texas Marijuana Penalties

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I VOTE to move this to Smackdown so the REAL PAIN can be brought, WHO agrees!
I don't wanna get banned!

Your vote doesn't count until you take the tin foil hat off. real pain? please :rollseyes

SO what's your view on alcohol? since it's deemed legal ALL GOOD?
Love to hear your opinion if the shoe was on the other foot and weed was legal and alcohol banned for the last 100 years! Just like how Republicans will vote for any clown for President just because of party affiliation.
If Obama was Republican they'd say he's the Greatest since sliced bread BUT since he isn't he's a Muslim illegal alien!

How to effectively debate with someone who is delusional in 3...2....1....

Rossim22

Established Member
More drivel from you. I am still waiting on your sources for the crap you spew.

You're just pointing fingers without doing any research for yourself, and not making any attempt at showing your side of the debate.

None of the following is in my own words. The numbering refers to my original post in which you claim is full of false information.

1) Regarding how marijuana got it's name: "The etymology of marijuana actually lies in racial slurs directed at Mexicans. "

2) Regarding the attributes of physical addiction.. none of which are prevalent:
"Must have three (or more) of the following, occurring when the cannabis use was at its worst:

Cannabis tolerance: Either need for markedly increased amounts of cannabis to achieve intoxication, or markedly diminished effect with continued use of the same amount of cannabis.

Greater use of cannabis than intended: Cannabis was often taken in larger amounts or over a longer period than was intended

Unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control cannabis use: Persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control cannabis use "

3) Regarding marijuana as a gateway drug: "Patterns in progression of drug use from adolescence to adulthood are strikingly regular. Because it is the most widely used illicit drug, marijuana is predictably the first illicit drug most people encounter. Not surprisingly, most users of other illicit drugs have used marijuana first. In fact, most drug users begin with alcohol and nicotine before marijuana — usually before they are of legal age."

4) Regarding the myth that marijuana kills brain cells: "This myth had some support 30 years ago from some “scientific” studies. These famous examples of junk science forced monkeys to smoke excessive amounts of pot through a gas mask. The researchers actually administered 63 joints worth of marijuana in five minutes with no air in between. The monkeys began to atrophy and die after 90 days. It is not really big news that asphyxiation kills brain cells."

So please reread and actually do some research for yourself rather than spewing your garbage.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I am not the one making the claims YOU are. and I asked for links to your sources not further opinion from you or paraphrases from shit you have read. I also didn't say EVERYTHING you have posted is bullshit. I said your posts contained a lot of bullshit.

so once again, what are your sources. I want to see exactly what you read not do a search and find something similar or different only to have you post up that what I read is wrong because it doest match what you read. so, LINKS to what you are using for your source. Or I will simply continue to "point fingers" as you say.

You're just pointing fingers without doing any research for yourself, and not making any attempt at showing your side of the debate.

None of the following is in my own words. The numbering refers to my original post in which you claim is full of false information.

1) Regarding how marijuana got it's name: "The etymology of marijuana actually lies in racial slurs directed at Mexicans. "

2) Regarding the attributes of physical addiction.. none of which are prevalent:
"Must have three (or more) of the following, occurring when the cannabis use was at its worst:

Cannabis tolerance: Either need for markedly increased amounts of cannabis to achieve intoxication, or markedly diminished effect with continued use of the same amount of cannabis.

Greater use of cannabis than intended: Cannabis was often taken in larger amounts or over a longer period than was intended

Unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control cannabis use: Persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control cannabis use "

3) Regarding marijuana as a gateway drug: "Patterns in progression of drug use from adolescence to adulthood are strikingly regular. Because it is the most widely used illicit drug, marijuana is predictably the first illicit drug most people encounter. Not surprisingly, most users of other illicit drugs have used marijuana first. In fact, most drug users begin with alcohol and nicotine before marijuana — usually before they are of legal age."

4) Regarding the myth that marijuana kills brain cells: "This myth had some support 30 years ago from some “scientific” studies. These famous examples of junk science forced monkeys to smoke excessive amounts of pot through a gas mask. The researchers actually administered 63 joints worth of marijuana in five minutes with no air in between. The monkeys began to atrophy and die after 90 days. It is not really big news that asphyxiation kills brain cells."

So please reread and actually do some research for yourself rather than spewing your garbage.

Rossim22

Established Member
I am not the one making the claims YOU are. and I asked for links to your sources not further opinion from you or paraphrases from shit you have read. I also didn't say EVERYTHING you have posted is bullshit. I said your posts contained a lot of bullshit.

so once again, what are your sources. I want to see exactly what you read not do a search and find something similar or different only to have you post up that what I read is wrong because it doest match what you read. so, LINKS to what you are using for your source. Or I will simply continue to "point fingers" as you say.

They are QUOTATIONS not paraphrases... hence the QUOTATION marks. I will not continue to put forth anymore effort on someone who is as close-minded as yourself. Go to google.com, type in marijuana myths, and hit "I'm feeling lucky".

I'm making no claims, simply restating known facts. If anyone here believes that marijuana should remain illegal rather than giving people the freedom to make their own decisions then alcohol and nicotine should be classified schedule 1 as they have a high potential for abuse with absolutely no medicinal value and be prohibited immediately.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
so you are saying you are unable to tell the difference between a quote and a Link? why am I not surprised.

They are QUOTATIONS not paraphrases... hence the QUOTATION marks. I will not continue to put forth anymore effort on someone who is as close-minded as yourself. Go to google.com, type in marijuana myths, and hit "I'm feeling lucky".

I'm making no claims, simply restating known facts. If anyone here believes that marijuana should remain illegal rather than giving people the freedom to make their own decisions then alcohol and nicotine should be classified schedule 1 as they have a high potential for abuse with absolutely no medicinal value and be prohibited immediately.

Rossim22

Established Member
so you are saying you are unable to tell the difference between a quote and a Link? why am I not surprised.

Here's some links since you're incapable of researching anything for yourself. Click away

No addiction:
Is Marijuana Addictive? | Psychology Today
Marijuana Is An Addictive Drug | Marijuana.com

No brain damage:
Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain
Marijuana Causes Brain Damage | Marijuana.com

No gateway drug:
Marijuana as a Gateway Drug: The Myth That Will Not Die | Healthland | TIME.com
Marijuana Is A “Gateway” Drug | Marijuana.com

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Listen up my reading comprehension challenged forum memeber. I am PERFECTLY capable of doing research. I wanted to see YOUR sources so we could be sure I was reading the same shit you are. Why you can't see the benifit of that is beyond me. but then it is typical of those who are unable to understand the basic concepts of communication. now I will read those and then see if it is worth my time to further comment.

Rossim22

Established Member
Listen up my reading comprehension challenged forum memeber. I am PERFECTLY capable of doing research. I wanted to see YOUR sources so we could be sure I was reading the same shit you are. Why you can't see the benifit of that is beyond me. but then it is typical of those who are unable to understand the basic concepts of communication. now I will read those and then see if it is worth my time to further comment.

Well you should take a moment to look at your own comments from another perspective and you'll see that you come off as very short. You asked for sources only after stating that the information was already inaccurate bullshit.

"you have as much bullshit and inaccurate information in this mess as you accuse him of having. I would be interest in your sources for this crap. assuming the source is not your ass."

Let me know your thoughts on your readings

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Yeah I have plenty of solid research in that matter and if you'd open up your eyes you might learn something! Have you seen my You Tube Vids on the Fake fire fighter victims or the Jumper audio fakes?

Lol. Why am I not surprised that extreme stupidity, conspiracy theories and weed are all related?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Well you should take a moment to look at your own comments from another perspective and you'll see that you come off as very short. You asked for sources only after stating that the information was already inaccurate bullshit.

"you have as much bullshit and inaccurate information in this mess as you accuse him of having. I would be interest in your sources for this crap. assuming the source is not your ass."

Let me know your thoughts on your readings
I don't give a shit if you think my comments "come off a short" or not. I asked for your sources right from the beginning and you failed to provide them. when you did provide them you failed to provide what I asked for. your links are incomplete and I wonder if you even read them all or if you just googled and provide the first few that came up. and I have to admit "Marijuana.com" is CERTAINLY an unbiased source of information :bored:

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
ok so first let's take a look at some of your earlier crap:
1) Cannabis is marijuana: False. Marijuana is mexican tobacco. The name was used to give cannabis a "bad" or "dirty" name in the 20's so that people wouldn't like it because they didn't like mexicans.
All Marijuana IS cannabis. but not all Cannabis is Marjuana. MJ is a variety of the Cannabis sativa plant, just like hemp is. so your claim that Cannabis is "just a plant" and not marijuana is bullshit. here is a source for you The Difference Between Hemp and Cannabis and Marijuana Hemp and MJ both are illegal to grow in the U.S. but you can own products made out of hemp but not MJ.

now where is the link that it is the same as "Mexican tobacco"? and where is the link that shows it got its name from a racial slur of mexicans?

2) MJ is not physically addictive, this is probably true but there are some that still disagree with the premise. but for the sake of argument I will agree that it is not. The fact that it is psychologically addiction cannot be denied and in spite of what you and others believe there ARE risks to it and driving under the influence is just as bad as driving under the influence of alcohol, since reactions times are slowed after smoking. most of the affects are short term but when you blow your mind short term often enough and it CAN (not necessarily will) become long term impairment.

3) your claim that MJ does not have withdrawal symptoms is also bullshit.

"Contrary to what many pot smokers may tell you, marijuana is addictive, at least psychologically. Even among occasional users, one in 12 can feel withdrawal symptoms if they can't get high when they want to. Among heavy pot smokers, the rates of dependence are higher." here's a link for you. Marijuana - Marijuana Use and Effects of Marijuana

4) then we have your absolutely laughable statement:
Cannabis is a gateway drug: False. The story behind this is that person A goes to drug dealer for pot. After a little while drug dealer says "Hey I've got some harder stuff if you're looking for a better time, try a little methamphetamine." Now if cannabis were legal, this scenario wouldn't happen because people would not be exposed to that.

The general feeling is that it is not a gateway drug but again, there are arguments on both sides of the fence. and where you got your "story behind this" doesn't know what they are talking about because what you quote is certainly not the story behind this. It is called a "gateway" drug because the THEORY is that people move on to the other drugs in search of a "better" or "long lasting" high. Notice I said THEORY and not that it was a proven fact. The jury is still out and you can find scientists on both sides of the argument. But it is certainly not considered a gateway drug because the drug dealer offered up a "better time". he is a player, but nothing more. My Father worked in drug crimes for over 20 years as part of his job. He has said that every one he had arrested for hard drugs started with marijuana and / or alcohol. does that mean 100% do? no but it is an pretty good indicator.

5) does Marijuana kill brain cells: again your flat denial is as bad as those that insist it does. short term it certainly has some affect on the brain. how long that lasts with repeated use is very much still in debate:

"The active ingredient in marijuana is delta-9-tetrohydrocannabinol, commonly referred to as THC. THC binds to and activates specific receptors in the brain, known as cannabinoid receptors (http://www.ctprevention.org/saac/Saac_Files/fs_marijuana_brain.pdf). When these receptors are activated, THC interferes with the normal functioning of various areas of the brain, including the cerebellum, part of the brain responsible for balance, posture, and coordination of movement, and the hippocampus, which is involved with memory formation. As a result, individuals under the influence of marijuana may experience impairment in motor control and compromised short-term memory. In the intoxicated state, memory is often selectively impaired in a dose-dependent fashion similar to alcohol (Deahl 1991). Marijuana also affects receptors in the cerebral cortex that are responsible for sensory perception, which can cause users to experience altered sensory experiences in areas such as touch, sight, hearing, taste, and smell. It can cause distorted perception, impaired coordination, difficulty in thinking and problem solving, and problems with learning and short-term memory (Marijuana | InfoFacts | National Institute on Drug Abuse).

The immediate effects of marijuana intoxication on an individual are commonly accepted and are generally undisputed. However, the long-term effects have received a great deal of debate, as scientific research has yielded contradictory results."

Source:
Does Marijuana Damage Brain Cells?

bottom line: I am not totally against its legalization. I am for legalizing prostitution. regulate it and tax it. if they legalize MJ I am all for taxing the shit out of it and it's users and severe penalties for driving under the influence.

Machdup1

Established Member
Yeah the cartels exist but they sell mostly low-grade outdoor and only to those states bordering Mexico.

"Only to those states bordering Mexico." Please provide evidence of this wild claim.

By the time the pot switched possessions through the chain and made it's way from mexico, it'd be cheaper to find someone locally who's growing it.

The supply lines for MJ from Mexico run to almost every state in the US. I triple dog dare you to make your claims to a DEA agent.

But by making Cannabis legal you ELIMINATE the drug cartel.

It would be a first step, but it would not eliminate them.

By making cannabis legal you ELIMINATE the idea of it being a "gateway" drug.

If you accept the concept of a gateway drug, Marijuana is without a doubt a gateway drug. People who smoke MJ are far more likely to use cocaine than those who do not use MJ. As a parent, I instinctively know that MJ leads to other drugs and other poor behavior.

If one wants to snort cocaine and become addicted, then they're too weak and made a bad life-altering decision.

As MJ is illegal, this statement easily applies to it as well. Life is about decisions, if one wants to smoke marijuana , then they're mentally feeble and have made a bad life-altering decision.

Nobody gets mellowed out with weed and wants to smoke a little crack on the side for the first time.

Actually, many people have done precisely this behavior. They were in an altered state of mind with people who have made equally bad decisions and made the next poor decision in a series of bad decisions.

Percentage of people who consistently do cocaine and have smoked weed is probably high because it's SO common, yet the percentage of people who consistently smoke weed but have done cocaine is FAR less. If there was a correlation they'd both be equal.

The people who have never tried MJ, have an a much lower percentage of having tried cocaine than those who have.

Your logic lacks reason.

If you want MJ legalized, organize and work through the system to achieve your goals. You have my full support. The legal framework this country was founded on provides for the people to get together and changes the system to fit the time.

Of course, I also encourage you to follow the laws as they are written. You appear to be ignoring certain laws because you disagree with them. That is not how the system is supposed to work.

Please do not present MJ as a harmless drug. Without respect to the legal consequences of illegal MJ use and the ownership actions of the dealer network that provides your illegal substances, MJ use is a bad idea. Anything that dulls the mind (including alcohol) that is used not in moderation is a form of addiction.

With that said, I have no problem if you throw you life away as long as it does not affect me. At this point you don't perceive MJ use as a problem, in 20 years, you'll see things differently. As you look back on the wreckage that is your life, you will come to realize a simple truth.

If you make good decisions, life is hard. If you make poor decision, life is not worth living.

Users who are viewing this thread