Texas Marijuana Penalties

RCRAMIE

Established Member
But we're talking about marijuana. Not Chlorox bleach

If one passes laws prohibiting something, we must comply with the law or face the consequences.

What does that have to do with anything. What besides the laws makes marijuana different from numerous legal substances, like alcohol, nicotine and prescription medicines?

The question is does the federal government have the power to pass those laws and where do they get the conistutional power?

Last edited:

Rossim22

Established Member
And if you guys think that "legal" marijuana will end the violence and abuse involved in its use you are delusional. People still rob and burglarize gas stations for cigarettes and alcohol. You think a pack of doobies are gonna be 5 bucks for 20? Marijuana will certainly be cheaper from those who aren't authorized to distribute it. That's where the shitheads that don't know how to act when "high" will get it. Only you refined social tokers will get it legitimately. But those guys aren't the ones I'm fighting in the streets.

With that said i have not always been a LEO and I do understand both sides of the argument. I don't arrest everyone in possession of marijuana I come into contact with.

See what I did there. :coolman:

I disagree with 90% of what you say but commend you on the last part of your post. LEO's are sometimes in an awkward position as they are not the judge, they do not decide what is right or wrong. They are given a "list" of things people can't do and they cite those who do not follow the guidelines.

Marijuana will never be legal through out the United States. Legalization would require that users get off their couches and work towards their goal. Figure the odds.

Seriously, the OPs friend's son is a dealer and he now will have to pay the stupid bill. Stupid is expensive, it is just a shame stupid isn't painful.

If he is buying at least a quarter pound ar a time he is dealing with organized crime or someone who is dealing with organized crime.

For those who haven't figured it out, organized crime eventual means the cartels. Those peaceful folks who have murder tens of thousands of people in the last couple years.

Anyone who is part of that deserves no mercy.

I've underlined the idiotic things that you said in your post. It's a shame stupid isn't painful... yes... being in possession of a plant deserves pain. :dw:

If you have cannabis, obviously you've dealt with "organized crime" because you had to buy it.. ? :dw:

Organized crime leads to cartels? If I grew it and smoked it myself.. how does that lead to the cartels murdering thousands of people? :dw:

Let's look at some myths:

To start things off
1) Cannabis is marijuana: False. Marijuana is mexican tobacco. The name was used to give cannabis a "bad" or "dirty" name in the 20's so that people wouldn't like it because they didn't like mexicans.

2) Cannabis is physically addictive: False. Cannabis is mentally addictive like drinking coffee in the mornings to wake up (caffeine is actually more addictive than cannabis as it produces withdrawals) or driving your car to run an errand 2 mins from your house. You don't need it but since it's there and it will benefit you, why wouldn't you do it? Give a long-term cigarette smoker a free GT500 to go a year without smoking and they can't do it or will go through hell trying. Pot-smoker would have no problem and no adverse affects from stopping.

3) Cannabis is a gateway drug: False. The story behind this is that person A goes to drug dealer for pot. After a little while drug dealer says "Hey I've got some harder stuff if you're looking for a better time, try a little methamphetamine." Now if cannabis were legal, this scenario wouldn't happen because people would not be exposed to that.

4) Cannabis kills brain cells: False. This was another propaganda experiment to start slander. They hooked a monkey up to a mask and shoved 20+ joints per hour for 8+ hours and said they found the monkey's brain cells were dying in result to the cannabis when in fact there was so much smoke and so little oxygen that they were slowly suffocating the monkey. It had nothing to do with the content of the smoke.

I'm not saying cannabis will make everyone better. But Americans get this little right called pursuit of happiness, which means I should do whatever the hell I want to do be happy as long as it's not directly interfering with someone else trying to be happy.

So why is it illegal? We're in america where the higher powers enjoy making money. It's as simple as that. A plant that grows extremely easily (hence the nickname weed) and has a variety of uses (we'll get to hemp another day) will put a hurting on pharmaceutical and alcohol companies... probably the most commercialized industries today.

That is all, please no ban. lol

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Did you go over prohibition in history?

What does prohibition have to do with the legality of marijuana?

History wasnt a class offered in my law school, however Constitutional Law (both parts) was required. I've even published on Constitutional law.

Rossim22

Established Member

History wasnt a class offered in my law school, however Constitutional Law (both parts) was required. I've even published on Constitutional law.

In 1919 alcohol became illegal to sell, manufacture, or transport. During that time marijuana was perfectly legal and frequently sold. The most hurt during this time were alcoholics and organized crime eventually began. The crime became worse enough until it was finally re-legalized in 1933, about the same exact time cannabis became illegal.

Why is getting drunk socially acceptable when it changes a person's state of mind even more than pot, yet you go to prison if you do the wrong one?

RCRAMIE

Established Member

Alcohol is a drug like marijuana to ban alcohol during prohibition the federal government ratify the constitution with the 18th amendment because that is how they get the authority to do ban something according to the COTUS. With marijuana they enacted a marijuana tax act making it illegal to possess marijuana because they knew the states would not ratify the constitution for another prohibition.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

FordSVTFan

Established Member
In 1919 alcohol became illegal to sell, manufacture, or transport. During that time marijuana was perfectly legal and frequently sold. The most hurt during this time were alcoholics and organized crime eventually began. The crime became worse enough until it was finally re-legalized in 1933, about the same exact time cannabis became illegal.

Why is getting drunk socially acceptable when it changes a person's state of mind even more than pot, yet you go to prison if you do the wrong one?

I understand the intent of prohibition. I also agree that marijuana is less addictive and detrimental than alcohol. Further, research has shown that when a person becomes high on marijuana they stop smoking and enjoy their high. Conversely, when a person drinks alcohol and becomes intoxicated/buzzed, they rarely stop to enjoy the buzz and they continue drink until drunk or incapacitated.

Regulating marijuana and taxing it appropriately can and will have a huge impact on our society. It will reduce the load on L.E., the court system, jails and prisons, and will increase our revenue base.

It is estimated that even with the tax on marijuana, it will be much cheaper than it is now and the quality will be regulated as it would likely be controlled under the FDA and grown to specific standards using actual principles of farming. Also, it is estimated that the tax will fully fund medicare and prescription benefits as well as help to save social security. That does not even include the reduction of the prison population and associated costs of prosecution.

Alcohol is a drug like marijuana to ban alcohol during prohibition the federal government ratify the constitution with the 18th amendment because that is how they get the authority to do ban something according to the COTUS. With marijuana they enacted a marijuana tax act making it illegal to possess marijuana because they knew the states would not ratify the constitution for another prohibition.

The main reason they had to make it a Constitutional Amendment was because there were states at that time (1916) that still allowed alcohol production even though the trend was for a dry country.

However, the main impetus was that we were entering into World War 1 and the Germans were the main owners of breweries here in the US and it was a Pro American stance to get rid of these Germans in our country.

Im not going to continue to going around and around with you on this topic as you clearly do not understand the powers that allow the Federal Government to promulgate laws and are thoroughly confused as to the need and purpose of Constitutional Amendments.

I suggest you call your elected officials and propose the need for a Constitutional Amendment to them.

RCRAMIE

Established Member
I understand the intent of prohibition. I also agree that marijuana is less addictive and detrimental than alcohol. Further, research has shown that when a person becomes high on marijuana they stop smoking and enjoy their high. Conversely, when a person drinks alcohol and becomes intoxicated/buzzed, they rarely stop to enjoy the buzz and they continue drink until drunk or incapacitated.

Regulating marijuana and taxing it appropriately can and will have a huge impact on our society. It will reduce the load on L.E., the court system, jails and prisons, and will increase our revenue base.

It is estimated that even with the tax on marijuana, it will be much cheaper than it is now and the quality will be regulated as it would likely be controlled under the FDA and grown to specific standards using actual principles of farming. Also, it is estimated that the tax will fully fund medicare and prescription benefits as well as help to save social security. That does not even include the reduction of the prison population and associated costs of prosecution.

The main reason they had to make it a Constitutional Amendment was because there were states at that time (1916) that still allowed alcohol production even though the trend was for a dry country.

However, the main impetus was that we were entering into World War 1 and the Germans were the main owners of breweries here in the US and it was a Pro American stance to get rid of these Germans in our country.

Im not going to continue to going around and around with you on this topic as you clearly do not understand the powers that allow the Federal Government to promulgate laws and are thoroughly confused as to the need and purpose of Constitutional Amendments.

I suggest you call your elected officials and propose the need for a Constitutional Amendment to them.

No need to i have read many opinions on the subject from people who believe in a small federal government on it that im confident im my views on it.

Your views on it seem to come from reading opinions from people who believe in a strong central government.

Machdup1

Established Member
I've underlined the idiotic things that you said in your post. It's a shame stupid isn't painful... yes... being in possession of a plant deserves pain. :dw:

If you have cannabis, obviously you've dealt with "organized crime" because you had to buy it.. ? :dw:

Organized crime leads to cartels? If I grew it and smoked it myself.. how does that lead to the cartels murdering thousands of people? :dw:

You will have a hard time convincing me that Marijuana dealers and uses are not violent. This is not a therotical exercise for me. I live in an area ravaged by the problem.

Within a stones throw of my house, there has been one drug related murder, one drug related attempted assination, a weed grow op busted, a meth lab busted, organized gangs running the street corners, regular gun fire, weed dealers, crack dealers and arrests too numerous to count. I repeat, Marijuana dealers and users are violent.

You could have boiled down all of your points to a single bit of information. Marijuana is illegal in the vast majority of the United States. As an illicit substance it is smuggled into the United States and distributed in places where it is illegal by extremely violent Cartels.

Inferring that people that get caught with Marijuana should not face severe consequences because the substance should not be illegal is at best poor logic.

It reminds me of the movie "Blow," when the lead character is caught with 500lbs of weed and he is lecturing the judge as to how it is ridiculous that the weed should be illegal. Apparently, Judges do not understand the assertion that the laws on the books should not apply to a criminal because they are unfair in some way.

So yes, without regards to what you may want to be true, marijuana is currently illegal and if you are caught with it bad things will happens. It is not relavant as to why it is illegal.

This makes the decision making process very simple. If it is illegal and I have it, bad things will happen. Therefore the correct course of action is not to have it.

One of the many examples of stupid is doing something that has negative consequences without regards for those consequences. If stupid was painful, people would be forced to deal with an immediate consequence for their actions, thus limiting their predilection for that behavior. Therefore, stupid should be painful.

If you want to change the laws, please do so, you have my full support.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
You will have a hard time convincing me that Marijuana dealers and uses are not violent.

Within a stones throw of my house, there has been one drug related murder, one drug related attempted assination, a weed grow op busted, a meth lab busted, organized gangs running the street corners, regular gun fire, weed dealers, crack dealers and arrests too numerous to count. I repeat, Marijuana dealers and users are violent.

If stupid was painful, people would be forced to deal with an immediate consequence for their actions, thus limiting their predilection for that behavior. Therefore, stupid should be painful.
If stupid was painful, this post would have resulted in permanent disability.:facepalm:

Comparing a marijuana co-op to....a meth lab, organized crime and crack dealers....hahahahahahahahah....thanks for the lawlz:thumbsup:

Last edited:

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
You will have a hard time convincing me that Marijuana dealers and uses are not violent.

Marijuana users are violent? This is news. The stereotypes are true, the only violence coming from them is released towards the mcdonalds dollar menu.

Machdup1

Established Member
Marijuana users are violent? This is news. The stereotypes are true, the only violence coming from them is released towards the mcdonalds dollar menu.

So when you evade the the police at a high rate of speed because of the nickle bag in your pocket you are not a danger to society? Happens every day.

Marijuana affects each user different, most turn into couch potatoes; however, some get agressive. Just like every other drug.

Machdup1

Established Member
If stupid was painful, this post would have resulted in permanent disability.:facepalm:

Comparing a marijuana co-op to....a meth lab, organized crime and crack dealers....hahahahahahahahah....thanks for the lawlz:thumbsup:

I never compared a coop to anything. You start from a false premise. I mentioned an illegal grow op.

In the end, the dealers who sell crack and weed are the same people. Interesting, huh?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
you have as much bullshit and inaccurate information in this mess as you accuse him of having. I would be interest in your sources for this crap. assuming the source is not your ass.

I disagree with 90% of what you say but commend you on the last part of your post. LEO's are sometimes in an awkward position as they are not the judge, they do not decide what is right or wrong. They are given a "list" of things people can't do and they cite those who do not follow the guidelines.

Let's look at some myths:

To start things off
1) Cannabis is marijuana: False. Marijuana is mexican tobacco. The name was used to give cannabis a "bad" or "dirty" name in the 20's so that people wouldn't like it because they didn't like mexicans.

2) Cannabis is physically addictive: False. Cannabis is mentally addictive like drinking coffee in the mornings to wake up (caffeine is actually more addictive than cannabis as it produces withdrawals) or driving your car to run an errand 2 mins from your house. You don't need it but since it's there and it will benefit you, why wouldn't you do it? Give a long-term cigarette smoker a free GT500 to go a year without smoking and they can't do it or will go through hell trying. Pot-smoker would have no problem and no adverse affects from stopping.

3) Cannabis is a gateway drug: False. The story behind this is that person A goes to drug dealer for pot. After a little while drug dealer says "Hey I've got some harder stuff if you're looking for a better time, try a little methamphetamine." Now if cannabis were legal, this scenario wouldn't happen because people would not be exposed to that.

4) Cannabis kills brain cells: False. This was another propaganda experiment to start slander. They hooked a monkey up to a mask and shoved 20+ joints per hour for 8+ hours and said they found the monkey's brain cells were dying in result to the cannabis when in fact there was so much smoke and so little oxygen that they were slowly suffocating the monkey. It had nothing to do with the content of the smoke.

I'm not saying cannabis will make everyone better. But Americans get this little right called pursuit of happiness, which means I should do whatever the hell I want to do be happy as long as it's not directly interfering with someone else trying to be happy.

So why is it illegal? We're in america where the higher powers enjoy making money. It's as simple as that. A plant that grows extremely easily (hence the nickname weed) and has a variety of uses (we'll get to hemp another day) will put a hurting on pharmaceutical and alcohol companies... probably the most commercialized industries today.

That is all, please no ban. lol

FordSVTFan

Established Member
No need to i have read many opinions on the subject from people who believe in a small federal government on it that im confident im my views on it.

Your views on it seem to come from reading opinions from people who believe in a strong central government.

good of you to admit that your opinion is based on what others think. I base my statements on actual fact, my personal knowledge and extensive education and experience that directly to the topic at hand.

RCRAMIE

Established Member
good of you to admit that your opinion is based on what others think. I base my statements on actual fact, my personal knowledge and extensive education and experience that directly to the topic at hand.

Those people opinions carry more weight than yours.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I have the munchies after reading all this. Anyone have a big bowl of BS to feed me?

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Those people opinions carry more weight than yours.

Power does not equal validity. Unless you're reading studies being published by researchers and/or doctors of that particular field, you really shouldn't be influenced by what some random idiot says.

But that's just a random idiots opinion :).

tap-a-keg

Users who are viewing this thread