Texting and Driving

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
They need to up the penalty if you are found texting while driving it would be 1 year in jail. They need to raise the bar where people will not do it. They also need a number to call if you see it so they can check the phone since I see it all the time.

I don't text at all so I will probably die by someone texting
This would not work. People like myself use talk to text. It is no different than speaking to a passenger in the vehicle.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
its actually one of the main reasons I sold my Motorcycle..... too many BFF's texting each other all f-en day long on the way to the mall smh

Zemedici

Established Member
I see it hundreds of times a day (work in a very congested area)

Gives me a very reassuring feeling about jumping on my bike....

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I'm going to facilitate a protest for text control who's in?

VegasMichael

Established Member
It is a frightening epidemic. My colleague got pulled over last year for talking and got a $125 ticket. For change to happen we need much more $evere penaltie$. I refuse to ride my bicycle anymore and only buy big vehicles.

KEVINS

Established Member
.and I wonder how many people posting in this thread text and drive or look at their phones while driving then complain about others doing it....

For the record I received my first cell phone about 7 years and while a friend was with me I did my own test and tried looking at the screen. Within seconds he warned me that I was getting close to crossing the line. Since then I have NEVER, EVER looked at my phone while driving or sitting at a stop light. It's in my pocket until I get to my destination. IT'S FRIGGEN STUPID! IMO, anyone that causes an accident should get 20 years in prison..

ks

scott_0

Established Member
it's not just SC, as said, it's everywhere! this is why I don't ride motorcycles anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
You guys would hate me.
I get texts and emails all day long and have to respond. I tried pulling over for one day but lost 3 hours.
I do it when I thinks it’s “safe” for everyone else. Like when no one is coming at me and not on 4 lane when I’m surrounded by people.
It ant be helped and I’m not paid by the hour so every minute I stop I’m getting paid less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
You guys would hate me.
I get texts and emails all day long and have to respond. I tried pulling over for one day but lost 3 hours.
I do it when I thinks it’s “safe” for everyone else. Like when no one is coming at me and not on 4 lane when I’m surrounded by people.
It ant be helped and I’m not paid by the hour so every minute I stop I’m getting paid less

Sorry but that is no excuse. Your defenses are down while multitasking...even while hands-free. Even a conversation with a passenger is a distraction, especially in a busy traffic area. As good as you are able to handle it, you’d be that much better off/safer if your undivided attention was on the road. If I’m in a busy area, especially an unfamiliar one, the radio is off, casual chit chat stops, and my phone is not given any of my attention.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I live in Toronto and the police aggressively enforce it here. I've seen cops going around on bikes checking at red lights for drivers that text.

“You the driver has to decide, is answering that text message or making that phone call going to be worth it when you can’t buy your way out of this anymore. You will receive a licence suspension and you will receive a substantial fine.”

The fines for distracted driving would increase from a maximum of $1,000 to up to $2,000 on a second conviction and up to $3,000 for third or subsequent incidents, as well as six demerit points for multiple offences.

Offenders would also see their licence suspended for three days on a first offence, seven days after two convictions, and 30 days for third and further convictions.

Based on preliminary data from 2016, distracted driving was to blame for 7,435 crashes in Toronto. Of those collisions, eight were fatal, 2,642 resulted in injury and 4,785 caused property damage."

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
You guys would hate me.

You are a really selfish person if you believe and do this.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Sorry but that is no excuse. Your defenses are down while multitasking...even while hands-free. Even a conversation with a passenger is a distraction, especially in a busy traffic area. As good as you are able to handle it, you’d be that much better off/safer if your undivided attention was on the road. If I’m in a busy area, especially an unfamiliar one, the radio is off, casual chit chat stops, and my phone is not given any of my attention.
Ban passengers!
I think you missed the part where I mentioned I don’t do it when there is congestion.

You are a really selfish person if you believe and do this.

Everyone is selfish. As mentioned I do it when it is safe for everyone else. Never said it was safe for me.

So, what you're saying is, you think your paycheck is more important than someone else's life?

**** YOU!

I warned you that you were going to hate. Lol

And no. Not once did I say what you did there. Feel free to imply though.
As mentioned I do it when no one else is around( my definition is if I can see you a mile down the road, you are around, if I can’t see anyone down the road you are not around). At worst someone behind me would get a good view for me hitting ditch.

The simple solution here is to take away your freedom to not be tracked on said phone. The programmers can make it so that your phone will not receive anything when over let’s say 25mph.

Then for passengers you just have to go through a five step verification of skill testing questions to gain access to said phone.

But like all things. No body will give that up to solve a problem that they are clearly so passionate about.

Also I would like to point out I’m not a ****ing teenie. If my phone goes off for work related reasons. I will respond when it’s safe(see above for my definition). I don’t search it out and browse on it for unknown reasons.

Oh and here is fun fact. Cops don’t apply to this because they are “trained” for it. **** that I’ve been driving and doing this before most of those pecker heads were cops.

It absolutely blows what has happened to op. In the city’s around here it can be pretty bad. But rural areas are still good

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
It's not an implication. It's the logical origin of your train of thought.

Lol k.

But as the owner of said thought, I can tell you how very wrong you are. Therefore it is a simply a implication by you. I’m sure without much conversation I could find something of your lifestyle where I could imply the same “logic”

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
a5e449d2c65e9d5c86b96bd77521989a--driving-memes-texting.jpg

saw-a-girl-texting-and-driving-the-other-day-and-it-really-pissed-me-off.jpg

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
This problem is a true epidemic and likely causes many, many deaths and injuries. But I bet every sumbitch here has been distracted (while driving) by their phone at one time or another. I have totally hands-free setup and it's great. But the urge to check text when that message chimes is remarkably seductive, it's like the call of the Sirens that drove Odysseus to almost crash his ship, except now it causes us to crash cars, maybe (like the crew of Odysseus) we should plug our ears with beeswax before starting engine!!!!

SHOdown220

Established Member
Touching base on this again, on the way to work today I see a car ahead that keeps randomly braking for no reason and touching the lines on each side of her car, as i get closer i realize its a girl putting on her ****ing makeup with the visor down and light turned on while driving 70 in a 55 zone during rush hour. WTF

Never_Enough

Established Member
Touching base on this again, on the way to work today I see a car ahead that keeps randomly braking for no reason and touching the lines on each side of her car, as i get closer i realize its a girl putting on her ****ing makeup with the visor down and light turned on while driving 70 in a 55 zone during rush hour. WTF
Next time I see an idiot like this in front of me, I'm getting on the horn. I installed a Hella Supertone in the Miata so that will be fun when I get to play with that.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Can't be helped? You can't actually believe that.

I don’t believe anything. It’s what I do.

We have not invented time travel yet or teleportation. Short of that happening, again reference my definition of safe, there is no way someone could get hit by me while I’m dealing with the phone.

Could I end up in the ditch and feel like a doe hole....yuppp.
Could I end up in same ditch while dealing with two kids in the car by myself....yuppp.
Wait that’s another thing we should ban. No one is allowed to drive by themselves with kids in the car anymore. Because if you’ve had kids in the car you know full well they are a million times worse then a phone.

Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread