Thank you VMP!

tennis_pr0

Established Member
Just wanted to say how happy I am with VMP's tunes and customer service. TOP NOTCH. I was having some issues with my car, idle issues, so I finally decided to order a VMP tune after trying a few other tunes and VMP seemed to really get it right. The idle issues are no longer, only a little when I have the AC on. I will be sending them a datalog of the normal stuff they tell you to do along with a few revs with the AC on and off. Seems like these guys really have the tune perfect and the customer support is fantastic. So, like everyone probably already knows, just wanted to say that VMP is FANTASTIC and I am very happy that my car is in their hands.

5lho

Established Member
Plus, they leave user adjustable features on. I found a little stumble on my auto car when coming to a stop light. It wouldn't stall but, it was fixing to and then it would recover. raise the idle 50 rpm and the problem's gone.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats OP. I knew VMP would set you right.
Enjoy it brother!

demas

Established Member
VMP team is one of the best and Justin is really a pro..
Enjoy

Last edited:

tennis_pr0

Established Member
So an update...The car is running great, did a datalog and everything looks spot on but I am still having idle issues with the AC on. Let's say I have the AC on, and I come to a stop, or I'm already stopped and I just rev the engine, the RPM's will drop to 500, raise back up to 1k, then settle in around 800 rpm. It doesn't always do it this bad, but still does it to some degree. I am working with VMP and they are gonna send me a revision but I just can't seem to figure out why I'm still having this problem. I have a vacuum/boost gauge and at idle it reads 21 with the AC OFF and at 19 with the AC ON. Is there suppose to be a drop off in engine vacuum like that when the AC is on? Any ideas guys? I'm sure VMP will figure it out but I'm really concerned in the meantime and was hoping someone on here experienced something similar and knows what the solution is. I should also add that I have a 13-14 gt500 bumper which has no grill so it is exposed to more ambient air, if that makes any difference at all.

bmoney50

Established Member
there is an idle relearn procedure

Follow these steps to complete an Idle Relearn:
1.With vehicle at a complete stop, set the parking brake.
2.Put gearshift in "P" (Park), turn off all accessories.
3.Run the engine until it reaches normal operating temperature.
4.Allow engine to idle for at least one minute.
5.Turn the air conditioning on and allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.
6.Release the parking break. With your foot on the brake pedal and the A/C still on, put the vehicle in "D" (Drive) and allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.
7.Drive the vehicle to complete the relearning process. Just make sure you drive easy for the first 30 miles, so the PCM can re-learn and adapt to your driving style.

tennis_pr0

Established Member
there is an idle relearn procedure

Follow these steps to complete an Idle Relearn:
1.With vehicle at a complete stop, set the parking brake.
2.Put gearshift in "P" (Park), turn off all accessories.
3.Run the engine until it reaches normal operating temperature.
4.Allow engine to idle for at least one minute.
5.Turn the air conditioning on and allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.
6.Release the parking break. With your foot on the brake pedal and the A/C still on, put the vehicle in "D" (Drive) and allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.
7.Drive the vehicle to complete the relearning process. Just make sure you drive easy for the first 30 miles, so the PCM can re-learn and adapt to your driving style.

Did this. Started car, waited for it to warm up, put ac on for one minute, turned it off, let it idle for another minute, took it for a drive. It got a lot better but maybe 1 out of 5 times coming to a stop it would bog down.

tennis_pr0

Established Member
So does anyone know if its normal for vacuum to drop down a degree or two when the AC is on? I think this might be why I am having rpm drop and surge issues with the AC on. It is reading about 19 with the AC on at idle, and with AC off it reads at about 21. Is this normal? This is the reading I am getting off my boost/vacuum gauge...

tennis_pr0

Established Member
Final update. After working with Justin on a few revision the car runs terrific. Idle is absolutely perfect. Ac idle is almost dead on, just a little dip in RPM once in a while on decel. I spoke to three other people with TVS blowers on their cars and they said theirs all does the same thing sometimes. So I am 100% happy with the car and how it's running. A major thanks to Justin and the VMP team for being awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread